Your Computer Is Low On Memory warnings happen when Windows runs out of space to put the data it needs to store when you’re running different applications. This can be either in the RAM modules in your computer, or also on the hard disk when the free RAM has been filled up. Low memory problems can also occur when a program doesn’t free up the memory that it no longer needs. This problem is called memory overuse or a memory leak. If you are also struggling with a similar problem here apply the solution below.
Post Contents :-
Your computer is low on memory
To restore enough memory for programs to work correctly, save your files and then close or restart all open programs.
Your computer has two types of memory, random access memory (RAM) and virtual memory. All programs use main memory RAM, but when there isn’t enough RAM for the program you’re trying to run, Windows temporarily moves information that would normally be stored in RAM to a file on your hard disk called a paging file. The amount of information temporarily stored in a paging file is also referred to as virtual memory. Using virtual memory in other words, moving information to and from the paging file frees up enough RAM for programs to run correctly. By default Windows automatically manage the virtual memory, but increase Virtual memory is probably a good solution to fix Windows low memory warning. Let’s see how to do.
Increase virtual memory windows 10
- Press Windows + R, type sysdm.cpl and ok
- This command will open the “System Properties” of your computer.
- Once the System Properties window of your computer is opened, go to the Advanced tab.
- And click on the Settings option which is available under the “Performance” section.
- On the “Performance Options” window, go to the Advanced tab and click on the Change button which is located under the “Virtual Memory” section.
- Now you will see the Virtual Memory window on your computer screen.
- Here you have to uncheck the “Automatically manage paging file size for all drive” option first.
- Next, select the system drive and then enter custom fields in the “Initial size (MB)” and “Maximum size (MB)” fields. and click on set.
How to calculate the virtual memory size?
To Calculate the pagefile size always Initial size is one and a half (1.5) x the amount of total system memory. The maximum size is three (3) x the initial size. So let’s say you have 4 GB (1 GB = 1,024 MB x 4 = 4,096 MB) of memory. The initial size would be 1.5 x 4,096 = 6,144 MB and the maximum size would be 3 x 4,096 = 12,207 MB.
After Set the Initial size (MB)” and “Maximum size (MB)” Value and click on set, Now Click on the OK button and then on the Apply button to save changes. This will prompt to Restart the windows ” you must restart your computer to apply these changes ”
Now, After Restart Windows, you will Never Receive any Low Memory Warning messages on your computer. This Is the Best working method you should Try First. you can also try the below fix to prevent windows for Low Memory Warning Error.
Run System Maintenance Troubleshooter
In some cases if a program is force closed, or if something isn’t working properly on your Windows 10 system you might be prompted with the “Your Computer is low on memory” error message. This is happening because Windows is allocating too much virtual memory to the mentioned process, while your system is trying to fix all the problems. For this Once Run the system maintenance tool and check.
- Now type troubleshoots in the search box and select Troubleshooting.
- Click View all in the left-hand window pane.
- Next, click on System maintenance troubleshooter and follow the prompts.
Repair Corrupted Registry
If any corrupt Registry uses high memory this Error can happen. Better check for the corrupted registry and clean or repair them using free registry optimizer tools like Ccleaner.
- Once you install the Ccleaner Run the program and check for Registry clean.
- Select Scan for Issue and allow CCleaner to scan, then click Fix Selected Issues.
- When CCleaner asks “Do you want backup changes to the registry?” select Yes.
- Once your backup has been completed, select Fix All Selected Issues.
- After following the above steps, the “Your Computer Is Low On Memory” warning might be fixed
Increase your Physical RAM
If you still face the same warning message Your Computer Is Low On Memory. If your system keeps running on more than 90% RAM you should perhaps install more RAM memory in your system.
That’s all did these tips help to fix Windows 10 low memory warning? Let us know the comments below. Also, read: