Windows 11 update failed to install? Here quick solutions to fix it
Windows 11 KB5030219 failed to install? Don't worry, Run build-in Windows update troubleshooter that detects and fix the problems prevent Windows update to install
Microsoft regularly releases Windows updates to patch the security holes created by third-party software. And with Windows 11, the latest Windows Updates are set to download and install automatically. This means whenever a new update is available, Your PC is connected to the internet Windows updates downlaod and install automatically. And that way Microsoft makes sure the Device is completely secure. Recently Microsoft released Windows 11 KB5030219 (OS Build 22621.2283) with a bunch of fixes and performance improvements. But it seems the update causing problems installing. A number of users were reported.
Cumulative update for Windows 11 for x64 based system (KB5030219) failed to install. Error code 0x800f0900 and 0x80070005
For others, the update is stuck downloading or installing. If you are also struggling with similar problems here apply the solution below to fix Windows 10 update installation problems.
Post Contents :-
Windows 11 update failed to install
- First of all, Temporarily Disable security software (antivirus) if installed, And check again for updates.
- Check and make sure you have a working internet connection to download updated files from the Microsoft server.
- If you are using VPN, disconnect from it and again check for Windows updates
- Again storage is important, to download and store the updated files before installing for you. So make sure the system drive has free space to download updated files.
Install updates on clean boot state
Performing a clean boot starts the operating system using a minimal set of drivers and startup apps. And disable unnecessary startup services as well. That probably helps if any third-party software or service conflict prevents Windows update download on your system.
- Press Windows + R, type msconfig, and ok
- This will open the system configuration window,
- Here move to the Services tab, Select Hide all Microsoft services > Disable all
- Then Go to the Startup tab, and Open Task Manager
- Here Disable all the unnecessary services running there.
- Restart your computer and check for updates.
Use Windows Update Troubleshooter
Microsoft team is well aware of Windows update failure, And they have designed Windows Update Troubleshooter. And more interestingly this is an inbuilt tool that automatically detects and fixes problems that prevent Windows update download and installation. Let’s run the troubleshooter to detect the Windows update issues for Windows 11 automatically.
- Press the Windows key + X and select settings,
- Go to the System tab then Scroll down and click on Troubleshoot
- let’s click on the other troubleshooters option to display all available troubleshooters list,
- And finally, click the Run option for the Windows Update troubleshooter.
- The Windows 11 Update troubleshooter tool will then open and automatically detect issues.
- After getting the all-clear to proceed, restart your PC and again check for updates,
- Check if this time successfully installed the latest Windows updates.
Reset Windows updates components
- Open Command prompt as administrator,
- Then execute the command net stop wuauserv to stop the Windows update service.
- Next type net stop bits to stop the background intelligent transfer service.
- Then Go to the following location, C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Download
- Here Delete everything inside the download folder, but do not delete the folder itself.
- To do so, press CTRL + A to select everything and then press Delete to remove the files.
- Again open the command prompt
- Execute command net start wuauserv to start the Windows update service
- And net start bits to restart the services that you previously stopped.
- That’s all, restart windows and check for updates.
- Hope this time you get succeed.
Run DISM and Sfc utility
If Windows system files are corrupted or get missing you may face different problems including Windows update failure. We recommend that once run the DISM restore health command and SFC utility before checking for the latest Windows updates.
- Open a command prompt as administrator,
- First, run DISM restore health command: DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
- After 100% complete the scanning process run the command sfc /scannow
- This will detect and restore missing system files with the correct ones.
- Wait until 100% complete the scanning process and restart windows.
- Let’s again check for Windows updates
Manually install Windows updates
- If none above solutions work for you, then simply visit the Microsoft catalog website here.
- Search for and download the latest KB5030219 offline package.
- Install the same and restart Windows to apply the updates.
Note: If you face update installation stuck while checking the Windows 10 feature update, We recommend using the official media creation tool to update Windows 11 version 22H2 smoothly.
If you are looking for Latest Windows 11 ISO you can get it from here.
Did you find this post helpful, these solutions help to fix Windows update download and installation problems. Let us know in the comments below, also read