Microsoft regularly releases Windows updates with various bug fixes and security improvements. And the latest Windows 10 is set to install updates automatically, which Means whenever new cumulative updates are available your system automatically and download them in the background. Also, you can manually check for and install them from the Windows update section.
Well, few users report windows update stuck downloading or it fails to install with different errors 0x80248007 or error 0x80072ee7. Some others report windows 10 21H2 feature update error 0x80248007. Here in this post, we have different solutions that help to fix different windows update installation errors on Windows 10.
Post Contents :-
Windows 10 Update Error 0x80248007
Window supdate Error 0x80248007 occurs when some files in the Windows Update are missing, or when the Microsoft Software License Terms cannot be located by Windows Update.
- First of all check and make sure you have a working internet connection to download updated files from the Microsoft server.
- Temporarily disable antivirus software and disconnect VPN (if configured on your PC)
- Start windows clean boot state and check for update, this helps if any third-party service conflict causes windows to update to fail to install.
Start Windows update service
Check Windows update and its related services running state:
Press Windows + R, type services.msc, and ok
This will open the Windows services console look for the following services and make sure it’s running state.
- Windows Update
- Remote Procedure Call (RPC)
- COM+ Event System
- DCOM Server Process Launcher
Run windows update Troubleshooter
Windows 10 has an inbuilt Troubleshooting tool to fix Windows update-related errors. It’s the easiest method to try, so go ahead and run it first.
- At first, Press Windows + I on the keyboard shortcut to open the Settings app.
- Now, Go to Update & Security then Troubleshoot.
- Here locate Windows Update, click on it and then click on Run the troubleshooter.
- This will detect and fix the problems prevent windows update to download and install,
- Restart windows after complete the troubleshooting process, and again check for updates.
- I hope this time windows updates get install successfully.
Reset Windows update components
Here is another effective way to fix most of the windows updates problems.
- Open windows services console using services.msc,
- look for Windows Update service, right-click and select stop,
- Press keyboard shortcut Windows + E to open file explorer window,
- Navigate to C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Download
- Here delete all files and folders inside the Download folder,
- To do this use keyboard shortcut Ctrl + A to select all and press the Del key,
- Now back to the windows service console and start the windows update service
- To do this Right-click on Windows update service select start
- That’s all, close everything, and restart windows,
- Now head over to settings, update & security, and hit the check for update button.
Fix Windows file corruption
SFC command is an easy solution to fix some windows related problems. If any missing or damaged system files causing the problem running System File Checker is probably a good fix. If this Error (Windows 10 Update Fails With Error 0x80248007 ) happens due to corrupt missing or damaged system files this system file check can help to fix this error.
- Open the command prompt as administrator,
- Type command sfc /scannow and press the enter key
- Let the scanning process be 100% complete and restart windows.
If SFC scan is unable to repair them we recommend run DISM restore health command “DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth”
Restart Your PC once the process completes
Now again open windows update and hit the check for updates button, I hope this helps.