Microsoft regularly releases Windows updates and feature updates for Windows 10 (every six months) with new features, security improvements and various bug fixes as well. The latest Windows 10 is set to install the latest windows updates automatically. Also, you can head over update & security on settings and check for updates button to get the latest updates installed on your device. But sometimes you might experience problems installing windows updates on Windows 10. A few users report windows Update Installation Fails with Error 0x80d02002 or windows update stuck downloading or initializing for hours.
Post Contents :-
Windows Update Error 0x80d02002
Windows update errors 0x80d02002 or 0x80070652 both are related to Windows Update failure, it might be due to corrupt Windows Update cache, incompatibility of an application installed on your computer, or third-party software conflicts, and more. If you find that your Windows Update is stuck downloading updates at 0 % or any other figure or fails to install with different errors in Windows 10, here are solutions to apply.
If this is the first time you experience this problem, we recommend restarting your PC that fixes if a temporary glitch prevents windows update to install on the device.
Make Sure you are having a Stable Internet Connection to download windows update files from the Microsoft server. Also, disconnect VPN (If configured on your device)
Disconnect all external devices, Ensure that the software you use, is fully compatible with Windows 10.
All Installed Device Drivers Are Updated and compatible with the current windows version. Especially Display Driver, Network Adapter, and Audio Sound Driver. You Can Check and update Them From the Device Manager.
Install Windows updates on Clean Boot that helps If any third party service or startup application causes an issue to install the updates.
Pro Tip: If you Are getting this error 0x80d02002 while update Microsoft Store apps then press windows + R keyboard shortcut type wsreset and hit enter.
Check Regional and Language settings
Some Time incorrect regional settings cause Windows update Failure. Make sure your Regional and language settings are correct. You Can Check And Correct them by following the steps below.
- Press keyboard shortcut Windows + X and select Settings
- Click on Time & Language then Select Region & Language from options on left.
Here Verify your Country/Region is correct from the drop-down list. And Ensure the appropriate Language Pack is installed. If it’s in the state of being “available”, click Download and let the system install it from Microsoft servers. After following the above steps, attempt to install the feature update again via Windows Update.
Windows Update Troubleshooting Tool
Windows 10 has a built-in update troubleshooting tool that automatically detects and fixes problems that prevent windows update to get installed. Let’s run the troubleshooter first.
- Press Keyboard shortcut Windows + I to open Windows Settings app,
- Go to Update & Security then Troubleshoot.
- On the right-hand side, select windows update and Run The Troubleshooter
- This will start to diagnose the problems, check for corruption on update database, windows update service running and more.
- Once the troubleshooting process is complete restart your PC,
- Now check for updates hope this time Windows updates get installed without any error.
Clear Windows Update cache
Again Corrupted missing windows update cache also cause windows Update Download and installation Failure. Let’s manually clear the Windows Update cache that probably fixes download issues on Windows 10. Before clearing the cache, you would need to stop the Windows update service. let’s follow the steps below.
- Press Windows + R keyboard shortcut, type services.msc and click ok.
- This will open the Windows services console,
- Scroll down and locate windows update service,
- Right-click on Windows update and then select the option “Stop.”
To clear the cache, do the following:
- Press “Windows + R,” enter the below path, and press the Enter button.
- This folder has all the files related to Windows updates.
- Open the “Download” folder, select all the files and delete all the files.
That’s all, again open the windows services console and restart the Windows Update service. Let’s check for updates and see if this time gets installed without any error.
Run system file checker utility
If any System Files get corrupted or Missing From a Windows computer, you may get different problems to include update installation errors. We Recommend To Run System file Checker to make sure any corrupted system file not causing the issue.
- To Run SFC Utility Open command prompt as administrator,
- Type sfc /scannow and hit the enter key.
- This will scan for missing corrupted system files If found any of the utility restore them from a special folder located on %WinDir%\System32\dllcache.
Wait until 100% complete the scanning process, then After Restart windows and check for updates. If SFC Utility Scan Results found corrupted files but unable to fix then Run DISM Tool Which enables SFC Utility to Do its job.
Did these solutions help fix Windows Update Error 0x80d02002 on Windows 10? Let us know on the comments below,
- Windows 10 Search Not Working? Try these solutions to get solved
- Solved: Microsoft store not opening on windows 10 version 21H2
- How to fix DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN error on Google chrome
- Solved: Bluetooth not available on this device windows 10 version 21H2
- Solved: Windows 10 Automatic Repair Loop “Your PC Did Not Start Correctly”