Microsoft today released new cumulative updates for all supported devices, including windows server and client OS as well. The latest Windows 10 is getting both security and non-security improvements, as part of the company’s September 2022 Patch Tuesday rollout. It’s worth noting that only the Latest windows 11 and windows 10 version 21H2 devices are supported. Part of today’s security patch KB5017308 for Windows 10 and KB5017328 for Windows 11 also received bug fixes and software security enhancements. While this update does not bring any new features or important changes, as with all updates it is recommended that you run it to address possible performance issues or security vulnerabilities.
Today Patch update does not offer many improvements, focusing only on improving the security of several operating system features by improving the loopholes present there.
Windows 11 KB5017328
If you have device windows 11 OS installed It will receive KB5017328 which will bring the build number to 22000.978. You can manually download the update here, and fixes issues with Bluetooth headsets, USB printers, Microsoft Edge IE mode and more.
- Addresses a known issue that affects Microsoft accounts (MSA). The web dialog that you use to sign in or sign out might not appear. This issue occurs on devices that have installed KB5016691.
- Addresses security issues for your Windows operating system.
- There’s another fix for an issue that caused USB printers to not function properly
Today’s update also brings fix for Windows 11 SE Store applications not being trusted, there’s a fix for Bluetooth headsets not working, and finally, there’s a fix for an issue in Edge that caused it to stop responding when using IE Mode.
You can read the complete changelog at the Microsoft support blog here.
Windows 10 KB5015807
Windows 10 users also getting a new cumulative update as well. If you’re on version 21H2, 21H1, or 20H2, you’ll get KB5017308, bringing the build number to 19044.2006, 19043.2006, or 19042.2006. Microsoft only said that this fixes some security issues, And also bundle fixes and improvements from Windows 10 KB5016688 preview build released on 26 august. Some of highlight changes include,
- Gives IT admins the ability to remotely add languages and language-related features. Additionally, they can now manage language scenarios across several endpoint managers.
- Enhances Microsoft Defender for Endpoint’s ability to identify and intercept ransomware and advanced attacks.
- Addresses an issue that affects the jump list icon colors in the Search app.
- Addresses an issue that might cause some game installations to fail because of a licensing issue.
- Addresses an issue that affects the icon colors of the list in the Search app.
- Addresses an issue that might cause error 0x1E when you shut down or restart a device.
- Addresses a known issue that causes Microsoft Edge to stop responding when you use IE mode. This issue also prevents you from interacting with a dialog.
- Addresses an issue that causes a subscription activation to fail under certain conditions.
- Addresses an issue that affects Focus Assist functionality for applications that run in full screen.
Read the complete changelog here
Windows 8.1 and 7
Also, there is windows 8 Monthly Rollup KB5017367, Security-only KB5017365 and Windows 7 Monthly Rollup KB5017361, Security-Only KB5017373 available with various security improvements and bug fixes.
After install, today’s update on windows 8.1 devices a reminder dialog box will prompt about the End of Support (EOS) for Windows 8.1 in January 2023.
And for both windows 7 and 8.1 devices:
- This update contains miscellaneous security improvements to internal OS functionality. No specific issues are documented for this release.
Updates for Windows 7 and Windows 8.1 must be downloaded manually as they will not be delivered through Windows Update.
Windows 11 KB5017328 (OS Build 22000.978) offline installer Direct Download Link.
Windows 10 KB5017308 Offline installer direct download links. 64-bit and 32-bit (x86).
If you are looking to download windows 10 ISO, you can get it from here.