Microsoft today released new cumulative updates for all supported devices, include server and client OS as well. The latest Windows 10 is getting both security and non-security improvements, as part of the company’s January 2022 Patch Tuesday rollout. It’s worth noting that only Latest Windows 10 November 2021 update, Windows 10 October 2020 update, October 2019 update, and October 2018 Update devices are supported.
In other words, if your device is still running the old Windows 10 April 2018 update or creators update the patch will be offered to you only if the device is enrolled in the LTSC (Long-Term Servicing Channel). Or all You’d need to switch to the Latest Windows 10 version 21H2.
On January 14, 2020 the company officialy notificed end of support for Windows 7. And microsoft recommend using windows 10 for latest security features and protection against milicious software.
Post Contents :-
Check Windows 10 Version
You can press Windows key + R and then type winver to check the version number of your Windows 10 device.
The Windows 10 versions and their build number:
- OS Build 19043 represents windows 10 May 2021 Update
- OS Build 19042 represents windows 10 October 2020 Update
- OS Build 19041 represents windows 10 May 2020 Update.
- OS Build 18363 represents Windows 10 November 2019 Update.
- OS Build 18362 represents Windows 10 May 2019 Update.
- OS Build 17763 represents Windows 10 October 2018 Update.
- OS Build 17134 represents Windows 10 April 2018 Update.
- OS Build 16299 represents Windows 10 Fall Creators Update.
- OS Build 15063 represents Windows 10 Creators Update.
- OS Build 14393 represents Windows 10 Anniversary Update.
Windows 10 Security Update for January 2022
Here Microsoft has released January 2022 cumulative updates are the following:
- KB5009543 for Windows 10 version 21H2, November 2021 update bumps OS build 19043.1466, Windows 10 version 20H2 and version 2004 also shares the same update that bumps build 19042.1466.
- KB5009545 for Windows 10 1909, November 2019 update that bumps build 18363.2037.
- KB5009557 for Windows 10 1809, October 2018 update that bumps build 17763.2452.
If your computer is running the old Windows 10 November 2019 Update, you can download and install the latest Windows 10 version 21H2, aka November 2021 Update, to get new features. Talking about these Windows security updates, as per Microsoft blog, November 2021 update completely focused on security improvements and sew of bug fixes.
Includes additional bug fixes for the PrintNightmare vulnerability, and Microsoft has also addressed a security bug known as MSHTML.
Delivers security fixes for 60 vulnerabilities (three critical, one moderate, and 56 important)
Microsoft has addressed 27 elevations privilege vulnerabilities, two security feature issues, 16 remote code execution bugs, and more.
In addition to the security fixes, Microsoft has also published an update for the Windows Update service to improve its reliability and performance.
Here We’re going to detail each update in this article, and you can learn more about the specific updates in our articles linked above.
Windows 10 21H2 Build 19043.1466
- Addresses an issue in which prevents AD (Active Directory) attributes from being written properly during a Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP) Modify operation.
- Address an issue that affects the Japanese (IME) Input Method Editor, when you use it.
Known issue with this update:
- The issue with Microsoft Edge Legacy being removed but Microsoft Edge (new) not being installed if W10 is installed using custom offline media or ISO images.
- After installing the June 21, 2021 (KB5003690) update, some devices cannot install new updates, such as the July 6, 2021 (KB5004945) or later updates. You will receive the error message, “PSFX_E_MATCHING_BINARY_MISSING”.
Windows 10 1909 Build 18363.2037
- Addresses a known issue that after a servicing update windows go into BitLocker recovery.
- When they start a remote assistance session after that it prevents Quick Assist users.
- Enables credentials for Azure Active Directory (Azure AD) Active Directory Federation Services (ADFS) users in Quick Assist.
Microsoft is not currently aware of any issues in this update.
Windows 10 1809 build 17763.2452
Updates security for your Windows operating system.
- Addresses an issue that prevents Active Directory (AD) attributes from being written properly during a Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP) modify operation when you make multiple attribute changes.
This update include fixes from KB5009557
- The Cluster Service might fail to start because a Cluster Network Driver is not found.
- Devices with some Asian language packs installed may receive the error, “0x800f0982 – PSFX_E_MATCHING_COMPONENT_NOT_FOUND.”
Windows 10 1803 Build 17134.2208
Windows 10 version 1803 reached out of support but still, the company released KB5003174 (OS Build 17134.2208) that brings fixes for multiple security vulnerabilities.
Download January 2022 Patch updates
You can check for updates in Settings -> Update & Security -> Windows Update to get these updates.
Offline Download links
- KB5009543 — 2021-11 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 20H2, 21H1 and 2004.
- KB5009545 — 2021-11 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1909.
- KB5009557 — 2021-11 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1809.
If you are looking for windows 10 version 21H2 ISO, you can get it from here.
- Find Out Which Windows 10 Version Build and Edition you have installed
- Solved: Ntoskrnl.exe High CPU usage on Windows 10
- Windows 10 freezes after update? try these solutions to fix it
- Solved: Windows Update Error 0x80d02002 in Windows 10
- Windows 10 Search Not Working? Try these solutions to get solved
source: Microsoft support blog