Did you get a popup message, Your Windows License Will Expire Soon randomly on your PC? You have already activated your Windows with a genuine license, but after a few months of using it, or a recent upgrade you get this annoying error? Or have you purchased a laptop, and Windows OS comes pre-loaded, and now you encounter this Windows License Will Expire Soon error? Here we have some solutions to get rid of this Windows License Will Expire Soon on windows 10 computers.
Your Windows License Will Expire Soon Error
Please ensure that if you are deciding to work on Windows, you must buy a legit copy of the Operating System, so that it does not expire before it has to. This would not cause unwanted Your Windows License will Expire Soon, but windows are activated errors and would also help you in enjoying all the features available.
Typically, after activating your Windows license, your computer will stay in the “activated” status permanently. It won’t be asked for again. However, sometimes something goes wrong, and your Windows OS shows a warning with the error message mentioned above.
The best way to resolve this error is to reactivate your Windows license. To do so, you have to remove it from your PC and then use the same license key (in the sticker) to activate your Windows license again.
If you can’t locate your current Windows license key because you forgot to back up it or the sticker was removed, you can retrieve it by using ShowKeyPlus. Visit here to download it and use it to view your Windows license key And note down the license key.
Reactivate your Windows license
- Open Command prompt as administrator,
- Type command slmgr -rearm and press enter key
- A pop up will open with a message command completed successfully
- That means your current license is removed, and restart PC to take effect.
- Now use the Windows license key on the sticker to activate your Windows again.
- Go to Activation pane from Settings app -> Update and security.
- Click on the Change product key button there,
- Enter your licensed unique product key and this should activate the machine and hence eliminate the error.
- If you are a member of the Windows Insider Program,
- just uninstall the Windows product key,
- reboot your Windows computer and then log in again with your Insider account.
- Note: Most laptops come pre-loaded with a version of Windows and have stickers that contain the license keys at the bottom.
Check Windows License Manager service
- Open RUN By press Win + R, Then Type services.msc and hit the enter key.
- Now Scroll down and look for Windows License Manager service and double-click on it.
- Here change the start type to “Disabled”, And Stop the service then and Apply and OK.
- Now scroll down and select “Windows Update” and double click on it.
- Change the Startup Type and change it to “Disabled” Again Click on Stop the service and Apply and OK.
- Now Restart your computer and check the status. your windows will expire soon problem solved.
Use Activation Troubleshooter
- In the Settings app, click on Update & Security and navigate to Activation.
- Now, as your windows license has expired, you must be seeing the failed activation option on your screen and some sentences in the red signifying an expired license.
- Don’t worry, just click on the Troubleshoot option and let the wizard work for you.
It will detect all the possible problems that are being faced in activating your Windows Operating System and will display them in a list after Your Windows License will Expire Soon Windows 10 Pro error has evaluated it completely.
If this problem started after a recent hardware change then click the option I recently changed the hardware on this device and follow the on-screen instruction.
- Otherwise, close the Troubleshooter Window, Now in the Activation Window, you will now be having an option of entering a product key.
- Click it and enter a valid 25-digit license key or try for a digital license if possible and your OS will be soon activated and you get rid of Your Windows License will Expire Soon you need to activate Windows in the Settings error.
- If still having same error to activating the copy, try activating via phone.
If all the above fails to activate the expired license, The only way you can purchase a genuine windows license from the Microsoft store or you can download and install KMS Pico Activation Software. It’s a trustable software capable of activating your Windows Operating System as well as the Microsoft Windows Office Suite.
To Avoid such error Your Windows License will Expire Soon, please ensure that you buy your computer / Laptop from a legit wholesaler or retailer store so that in case you suffer any problem in the license of windows, you can contact him anytime. Also, Prefer buying a system already loaded with an Operating System by the manufacturer.