Windows 11 KB5019980 OS Build 22621.819 (22H2) what’s new
Today, as part of the November 2022 Microsoft patch Tuesday New cumulative updates KB5019980 and KB5019961 are available for PCs running Windows 11 and Windows 11 22H2. According to the Windows developer, the update for Microsoft’s latest operating system is identified as windows 11 KB5019980 (22H2) and bumps OS Build 22621.819. Also, KB5019961 (OS Build 22000.1219) is available for the original release of windows 11 version 21H2. The update usually comes with security fixes and stability improvements for the operating system.
Being part of November 2022 Patch Tuesday, the focus is on security, Microsoft closes 35 security vulnerabilities, 5 of which are critical. We have
- Windows Point-to-Point Tunneling Protocol Remote Code Execution Vulnerability — CVE-2022-41039
- Windows Point-to-Point Tunneling Protocol Remote Code Execution Vulnerability — CVE-2022-41088
- Windows Hyper-V Denial of Service Vulnerability — CVE-2022-38015
- Windows Scripting Languages Remote Code Execution Vulnerability — CVE-2022-41128
- Windows Scripting Languages Remote Code Execution Vulnerability — CVE-2022-41118
Post Contents :-
November 2022 patch Tuesday, what’s new for windows 11?
Windows 11 KB5019980 and KB5018427 are important security updates that download automatically on your device, or when you check for updates manually. If you want to skip this particular cumulative update, you’ll need to pause it by hitting on the ‘pause updates’ button for up to 7 days. Also, windows 11 KB5018427 offline installers are also available for download on Microsoft Update Catalog.
Windows 11 KB5019980
Windows 11 cumulative update KB5019980 (OS Build 22621.819) mainly focused on security improvements, But at the same time, it also resolves a glitch that affects Microsoft edge when it is in IE Mode.
- Enhances search visual treatments on the taskbar to improve discoverability.
- Improves the backup experience when using your Microsoft Account (MSA)
- Adds improvements to the Microsoft Account experience in Settings
- With this update installed now when you right-click on the taskbar you will get the option to open task manager (this option was removed on the windows 11 initial release)
- There is a bug fix for an issue that affects Microsoft Edge when it is in IE Mode. The titles of pop-up windows and tabs are wrong
- The latest windows 11 update, addresses an issue in that stops the credential UI from displaying in IE mode when you use Microsoft Edge.
- Addresses an issue that might fail to sync the audio when you record gameplay using the Xbox Game Bar.
- An issue with the windows 11 start menu that stops working when you use keyboard commands to move pinned items to a folder at the end of a list now fixed.
- It addresses an issue that affects Distributed Component Object Model (DCOM) authentication hardening.
- Fix an issue that affects the Windows Search service and cause Indexing progress very slow when you use the service
- It addresses an issue that might affect some types of Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) and Transport Layer Security (TLS) connections.
- Addresses an issue that affects the CopyFile function. It returns ERROR_INVALID_HANDLE instead of ERROR_FILE_NOT_FOUND when it is called with an invalid source file.
Read the complete changelog on the Microsoft support page here.
- Copying large multiple Gigabyte (GB) files might take longer than expected to finish on Windows 11, version 22H2. And To mitigate this issue, Microsoft recommends you can use file copy tools that do not use cache manager (buffered I/O).
- Using provisioning packages on Windows 11, version 22H2 (also called Windows 11 2022 Update) might not work as expected.
Windows 11 KB5019961
The latest release KB5019961 (OS Build 22000.1219) for windows 11 version 21H2 focuses on security enhancements and bug fixes. Also, all changes from the previous windows 11 KB5018483 optional updates are included in this release.
- It adds improvements to Windows search results and performance.
- It adds Task Manager to the context menu when you right-click the taskbar. This feature rolls out in the coming weeks.
- It addresses an issue that causes an OS upgrade to stop responding, and then it fails.
- It addresses an issue that affects a task you schedule to run every two (or more) weeks. It runs every week instead.
- It addresses an issue that affects Microsoft Direct3D 9 games. The graphics hardware stops working if the hardware does not have a native Direct3D 9 driver.
- It addresses an issue that affects the font of three Chinese characters. When you format these characters as bold, the width size is wrong.
- It addresses graphical issues in games that use Microsoft D3D9 on some platforms.
- It addresses an issue that affects Microsoft Edge when it is in IE Mode. The titles of pop-up windows and tabs are wrong.
- It addresses an issue that affects the lasso tool in a graphic editing program.
- It addresses an issue that affects Dual SIM calling. If you select no SIM on your phone and initiate a call on your device, Dual SIM functionality does not work.
- It addresses an issue in that stops the credentials UI from displaying in IE mode when you use Microsoft Edge.
- It stops the start of daylight saving time in Jordan at the end of October 2022. The Jordan time zone will permanently shift to the UTC + 3 time zone.
Download Windows 11 latest updates
It’s an important update and Microsoft recommends download install windows 11 updates immediately on your device. The new build can be downloaded directly from Windows Update. Also, you can download KB5019980 offline installer if you prefer.
- Open windows 11 settings using the Windows key + I
- Locate windows update then hit the check for updates button,
- This will start downloading windows 11 KB5019980 update files from the Microsoft server,
- Once done, click on install now, and when prompte restart your PC to apply the updates.
Windows 11 KB5019980 (OS Build 22621.819) offline installer Direct Download Link.
Windows 11 KB5019961 (OS Build 22000.1219) (21H2) offline installer Direct Download Link.
The above link redirects to the windows update catalog, it’s a library of updates published by the tech giant in the past several months. You can search the above KB package in the catalog and click on the ‘download’ button to grab the offline installer.
The offline installer is offered in .msu file format. To get started, simply double-click on the file and follow the on-screen instructions.
If you are looking to download Windows 11 ISO click here.
If you face any difficulty while installing windows updates, is stuck checking for hours. Or the windows 11 KB5019980 update failed to install with different errors check out this post.