Today, as part of the March 2023 Microsoft patch Tuesday New cumulative updates KB5023706 and KB5023698 are available for PCs running Windows 11 and Windows 11 22H2. Cumulative Update KB5023706 brings the so-called Moment 2 update to Windows 11 22H2 and advances the build number to 22621.1413. This release follows the preview version of the update, which was curiously released on Tuesday, February 28 and brings a number of new features including tabbed Notepad, Phone Link for iOS, Quick Assist in Start Menu, AI-powered recommended content, Enhanced System Tray, screen recording in the Snipping Tool and more.
Also, KB5023698 (OS Build 22000.1696) is available for the original release of windows 11 version 21H2. The update usually comes with security fixes and stability improvements for the operating system. Windows 11 KB5023706 and KB5023698 are important security updates that download automatically on your device, or when you check for updates manually. If you want to skip this particular cumulative update, you’ll need to pause it by hitting on the ‘pause updates’ button for up to 7 days. Also, windows 11 KB5023706 offline installers are also available for download on Microsoft Update Catalog.
March 2023 patch Tuesday, what’s new for windows 11?
Being part of March 2023 Patch Tuesday, the focus is on security, Microsoft closes 54 security vulnerabilities, 8 of which are critical 45 important and 1 moderate.
- HTTP Protocol Stack Remote Code Execution Vulnerability — CVE-2023-23392
- CERT/CC: CVE-2023-1017 TPM2.0 Module Library Elevation of Privilege Vulnerability — CVE-2023-1017
- CERT/CC: CVE-2023-1018 TPM2.0 Module Library Elevation of Privilege Vulnerability — CVE-2023-1018
- Remote Procedure Call Runtime Remote Code Execution Vulnerability — CVE-2023-21708
- Windows Point-to-Point Tunneling Protocol Remote Code Execution Vulnerability — CVE-2023-23404
- Windows Hyper-V Denial of Service Vulnerability — CVE-2023-23411
- Internet Control Message Protocol (ICMP) Remote Code Execution Vulnerability — CVE-2023-23415
- Windows Cryptographic Services Remote Code Execution Vulnerability — CVE-2023-23416
In addition to the Patch Tuesday security fixes, Windows 11 KB5023706 and KB5023698 also come with a number of bug fixes and security enhancements. Windows 11 build 22621.1413 also brings the moment 2 features.
- Today’s update integrates Microsoft’s AI-powered Bing directly into the Windows taskbar.
- Microsoft is releasing the first preview of Phone Link for iOS, which allows you to link your iPhone directly with Windows 11.
- Windows 11 Quick Settings screen now include Microsoft’s AI-powered Studio Effects for devices with a dedicated Neural Processing Unit (NPU).
- Windows 11 Task Manager now has a search bar at the top of the app that allows you to filter the list of processes by name or the process ID.
- This update introduces a new tablet-optimized taskbar that makes it more comfortable when using your Windows 11 device as a tablet.
- A new version of notepad app released with a new tabbed interface, allowing you to open multiple text files within one window.
We recommend read the complete changelog here Microsoft support site.
- This update addresses an issue that changes the Color filters setting to Grayscale when you select Inverted.
- For IE mode users, Microsoft has addressed an issue that sometimes makes text on the status bar invisible.
- Microsoft fixed an issue causing a blue screen during video playback after setting high dynamic range (HDR) on your display.
- Microsoft fixed an issue that might prevent you from using a touch keyboard and the PIN entry keyboard to sign in to your device.
- This update addresses an issue that affects which folders appear in the Browse for Folder picker.
- A file explorer issue that fails to move the input focus when using Shift+Tab or Shift+F6 has been fixed.
- The volume up and down commands from a Bluetooth keyboard are now displayed in the Windows user interface.
- This update addresses an issue that affects Xbox subscriptions when you buy a subscription using the “Redeem code” option, and recurring billing is off.
- Copying large multiple Gigabyte (GB) files might take longer than expected to finish on Windows 11, version 22H2. And To mitigate this issue, Microsoft recommends you can use file copy tools that do not use cache manager (buffered I/O).
- Windows devices with some third-party UI customization apps might not start up.
- Using provisioning packages on Windows 11, version 22H2 (also called Windows 11 2022 Update) might not work as expected
Download Windows 11 latest updates
It’s an important update and Microsoft recommends download install windows 11 updates immediately on your device. The new build can be downloaded directly from Windows Update. Also, you can download KB5023706 offline installer if you prefer.
- Open windows 11 settings using the Windows key + I
- Locate windows update then hit the check for updates button,
- This will start downloading windows 11 KB5023706 update files from the Microsoft server,
- Once done, click on install now, and when prompted restart your PC to apply the updates.
Windows 11 KB5023706 (OS Build 22621.1413) offline installer Direct Download Link.
Windows 11 KB5023698 (OS Build 22000.1696) (21H2) offline installer Direct Download Link.
The above link redirects to the windows update catalog, it’s a library of updates published by the tech giant in the past several months. You can search the above KB package in the catalog and click on the ‘download’ button to grab the offline installer.
The offline installer is offered in .msu file format. To get started, simply double-click on the file and follow the on-screen instructions.
If you are looking to download Windows 11 ISO click here.
If you face any difficulty while installing windows updates, is stuck checking for hours. Or the windows 11 KB5023706 update failed to install with different errors check out this post.
- Microsoft edge slow after the windows 10 update? Here is how to fix
- Solved: Windows modules installer worker high CPU Usage on Windows 10
- Find Out Which Windows 10 Version Build and Edition you have installed
- How to Remove one drive from windows 10 File Explorer