Today, as part of the May 2023 Microsoft patch Tuesday New cumulative updates KB5026372 and KB5026368 are available for PCs running Windows 11 and Windows 11 22H2. Cumulative Update KB5026372 brings plenty of bug fixes and quality improvements and advances the build number to 22621.1702. Also, KB5026368 (OS Build 22000.1936) is available for the original release of Windows 11 version 21H2. The update usually comes with security fixes and stability improvements for the operating system. Windows 11 KB5026372 and KB5026368 are important security updates that download automatically on your device, or when you check for updates manually. If you want to skip this particular cumulative update, you’ll need to pause it by hitting on the ‘pause updates’ button for up to 7 days. Also, windows 11 KB5026372 offline installers are also available for download on Microsoft Update Catalog.
May 2023 patch Tuesday, what’s new for Windows 11?
Being part of the May 2023 Patch Tuesday update, the focus is on security, Microsoft closes 20 security vulnerabilities, 4 of which are critical and 16 important.
- Windows Secure Socket Tunneling Protocol (SSTP) Remote Code Execution Vulnerability — CVE-2023-24903
- Windows OLE Remote Code Execution Vulnerability — CVE-2023-29325
- Windows Pragmatic General Multicast (PGM) Remote Code Execution Vulnerability — CVE-2023-24943
- Windows Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP) Remote Code Execution Vulnerability — CVE-2023-28283
In addition to the Patch Tuesday security fixes, Windows 11 KB5026372 and KB5026368 also come with a number of bug fixes and security enhancements. Also, there are two new features including Opt to get the latest non-security updates immediately and animation effects have been added to the Widgets icons in the taskbar.
User must ensure “Animations effect” is enabled on Settings app >> Accessibility >> Visual Effects
- A new announcement appears on the Widgets taskbar button.
- You hover over or click the Widgets taskbar button.
On Settings app >> Windows Update page New toggle button is added to choose whether you want to receive the latest non-security Windows updates on priority.
When this option is enabled, Microsoft will prioritize your device to get the latest enhancements and features before many others.
- This update fixes a race condition in the Windows Local Administrator Password Solution (LAPS), which causes the Local Security Authority Subsystem Service (LSASS) to become unresponsive. The LSASS stops responding due to the simultaneous processing of multiple local account operations, resulting in an access violation error code of 0xc0000005.
- Microsoft animated some of the icons for Widgets in the taskbar. For example, you will notice a new animation when a new announcement appears.
- Microsoft added a new toggle control on the Windows Update settings page. When turned on, Microsoft will prioritize the devices to get the latest non-security updates and enhancements when they are available.
- This update addresses an issue that affects Microsoft Edge IE mode. Pop-up windows open in the background instead of in the foreground.
- Fixed a Chinese input method issue that prevented Windows users from seeing suggested items.
- Protected content will no longer be visible in taskbar live thumbnail previews.
- This update changes firewall settings. You can now configure application group rules.
We recommend read the complete changelog here Microsoft support site.
- After installing this update, some apps might have intermittent issues with speech recognition, expressive input, and handwriting when using Chinese or Japanese languages.
- Using provisioning packages on Windows 11, version 22H2 (also called Windows 11 2022 Update) might not work as expected
Download Windows 11 latest updates
It’s an important update and Microsoft recommends download install Windows 11 updates immediately on your device. The new build can be downloaded directly from Windows Update. Also, you can download KB5026372 offline installer if you prefer.
- Open Windows 11 settings using the Windows key + I
- Locate windows update then hit the check for updates button,
- This will start downloading Windows 11 KB5026372 update files from the Microsoft server,
- Once done, click on install now, and when prompted restart your PC to apply the updates.
Windows 11 KB5026372 (OS Build 22621.1702) offline installer Direct Download Link.
Windows 11 KB5026368 (OS Build 22000.1936) (21H2) offline installer Direct Download Link.
The above link redirects to the Windows update catalog, it’s a library of updates published by the tech giant in the past several months. You can search the above KB package in the catalog and click on the ‘download’ button to grab the offline installer.
The offline installer is offered in .msu file format. To get started, simply double-click on the file and follow the on-screen instructions.
If you are looking to download Windows 11 ISO click here.
If you face any difficulty while installing Windows updates, is stuck checking for hours. Or the Windows 11 KB5026372 update failed to install with different errors check out this post.
- Microsoft Edge slow after the Windows 10 update? Here is how to fix
- Solved: Windows modules installer worker high CPU Usage on Windows 10
- Find Out Which Windows 10 Version Build and Edition you have installed
- How to Remove one drive from Windows 10 File Explorer