Microsoft has started the Rollout process of Windows 10 May 2020 Update version 2004 to the general public with a number of new features & security improvements. And it will be Automatically available to all genuine Windows users via windows update. Or you can get downloaded by manually checking for updates. The overall Upgrade process is easier But for some users, Windows 10 version 2004 failed to install for Unknown Reasons. While checking for new updates, Windows is starting to download the windows 10 May 2020 update Version 2004, but during the Downloading Updates operation, is stuck at xx% (e.g. at 85% or 99%). Or Windows 10 Version 2004 Failed to download and install with different error codes.
Here we have collected some solutions you may apply to fix almost every windows update related problems which causing Feature update to windows 10 version 2004 failed to install error code 0x80073712, 0x800705B4, 0x80004005, 0x8024402F, 0x80070002, 0x80070643, 0x80070003, 0x8024200B, 0x80070422, 0x80070020 or Windows 10 May 2020 update stuck while downloading or failed to install.
Windows 11 failed to install
First, make sure you have enough disk space (minimum 32 GB Free Disk Space ) and Stable Internet connection to download the updates files from Microsoft server.
Here Microsoft has updated minimum system requirement for Windows 10 2004
|Processor||1GHz or faster CPU or System on a Chip (SoC).|
|RAM||1GB for 32-bit or 2GB for 64-bit .|
|Hard drive space||32GB for 64-bit or 32-bit.|
|Graphics||DirectX 9 or later with WDDM 1.0 driver.|
|Networking||Wi-Fi or Ethernet adapter.|
Check Windows update service and its related services (BITS, Superfetch) are on running state. Open windows services (Press Windows + R, type services.msc and ok) here check and start these services ( if not running ).
Check Any Security Software not causing the issue, Or Completely uninstall the antivirus program or any other security program from your system.
Also Disconnect from VPN if configured.
Make sure your Regional and language settings are correct. You Can Check And Correct them following below.
- Press Windows + I to open Settings
- Click Time & Language then Select Region & Language from options on left.
- Here Verify your Country/Region is correct from the drop-down list.
Also perform a clean boot and check for updates, Which may fix the problem if any third party service confliction causing the windows to update stuck.
Run Windows Update Troubleshooter
Run windows update Troubleshooter following steps below and let windows to fix the problem itself only.
- Open Windows Settings using the keyboard shortcut Windows + I,
- Go to Update & Security then Troubleshoot.
- Here select windows update and Run The Troubleshooter
- The troubleshooter will run and attempt to identify if any problems exist which prevent your computer from downloading and installing Windows Updates. After complete, the process Restart windows and again manually Check for Updates.
Reset Windows update cache
Clearing the folder where all of the update files are stored will force Windows Update to download afresh. Which probably the best fix for Windows upgrade problems. Here follow steps below to reset Windows update components.
- Press Windows + R, type services.msc and ok to open services console,
- Scroll down and stop Windows update, BITs and Superfecth service.
- ThenGo to
- Here delete everything within the folder, but do not delete the folder itself.
- To do so, press CTRL + A to select everything and then press Delete to remove the files.
- Now Restart the services (windows update, BITs, Superfetch) which you previously stopped.
- Restart windows and again check for updates from settings -> update & security -> windows update.
- Hope this time your system successfully upgrade to windows 10 version 2004 without any stuck or update installation error.
Also, Make Sure All Installed Device Drivers Are Updated and compatible with the current windows version. Especially Display Driver, Network Adapter, and Audio Sound Driver. You Can Check and update Them From Device manager.
Run Third-party system optimizer like Ccleaner to remove junk, cache, system error, memory dump files etc and fix broken missing registry errors.
Note: If you are getting Blue screen error while upgrade to windows 10 version 2004. First, disable the Antivirus application if installed,
Run SFC utility and DISM command and update Display driver before check for the latest updates or install the windows 10 may update. Or check out Windows 10 BSOD Error ultimate guide.
Also you can use the official media creation tool to upgrade windows 10 May 2020 update version 2004 without any error or problem.
Did you still have problems with the windows 10 May 2020 update installation? If so, did the solutions mentioned here help you? let us know on comments below, also read: