After a recent windows update or Windows 10 21H1 update many users reports, the computer won’t wake up from sleep. Users Report laptop was working perfectly before upgrading to Windows 10 version 21H1. But After the system installed updates, the laptop won’t wake up from sleep. After the Windows 10 system enters sleep mode, the keyboard and mouse can’t wake up the system.
You can hear the computer is running Power still remains ON and even they’ll find that the CPU and fan are working as well. but the screen remains black. You can only press the power button to force shutdown the computer.
This issue mostly cause Due To the Fast Startup Feature, Incorrect power plan setup, corrupted or Outdated Display Driver etc.
Post Contents :-
Fix Windows 10 Sleep mode Issue
If you Are also experiencing a similar problem, windows 10 won’t wake up by any keyboard key press or mouse clicks even when both are set to wake the computer inside the control panel. Here we have some Recommended Solutions to fix Windows 10 Won’t Wake Up from Sleep Mode issue.
As windows unable to wake up, Simply press the power button to shutdown windows and start again. And Apply Bellow solutions to avoid this problem in feature.
Disable Fast Startup Feature
A number Of Windows users Report, Disable the Fast Startup Feature helps them To Fix a number of Startup Problems include the Sleep Mode issue, Windows 10 Won’t Wake Up from Sleep Mode, etc. Maybe the fast startup option makes Windows 10 stuck in sleep mode, which causes Windows 10 Won’t Wake Up from Sleep Mode. So you can disable fast startup in “Power Options” to fix the computer won’t wake up after Windows 10 upgrade.
- To Disable Fast Startup Feature open Control panel,
- Here change view type small icons and click on the Power option.
- Choose what the power button does in the left panel.
- Next click on Change Settings that are currently unavailable.
- Scroll down and uncheck the box in front of “Turn on fast startup” and save changes.
- After you restart the computer, the Windows 10 stuck in sleep mode issues will be solved.
Restore Power Plan to Default Settings
Sometimes, incorrect power plan setting also causes Windows Startup problems, like System won’t wake up from Sleep mode, remain Black Screen. Restore the power plan to default settings is Very Helpful to fix this type of problem.
You Can Restore power Plan to Default Settings from the control panel -> power options click on Change when the computer sleeps and click on “Restore default settings for this plan” then confirm the changes. Click on Save Changes and Restart windows. This will help to solve the computer that can’t wake up after Windows 10 sleep problems.
Run Power Troubleshooting Tool
Windows have a built-in Power Troubleshoot and help prevent computer problems tool. This helps to find and fix problems with your computer’s power settings to conserve power and extend battery life. Running This Tool Also Helpful to fix sleep mode wake-up problems on windows 10.
- You Can Run this Tool From Control Panel-> All Control Panel Items -> Troubleshooting ->All Categories and select power.
- Click on Advanced and tick mark on Apply repair automatically.
- Click next and follow on-screen instructions to run the tool and fix different power option problems.
- Now Restart windows and check next time when windows go sleep mode press the keyboard and check wake up issue is resolved.
Adjust Advanced power Settings
- If the above methods don’t solve your problem, then Open the Control Panel and navigate to Power Options,
- Click on Choose when to turn off the display then on Change advanced power settings.
- Now scroll through the list until you find Sleep, and use the plus sign button to expand this section.
Adjust all these options to your specifications. It’s up to you whether you want your computer to go to sleep after a certain time, or never to enter sleep mode. Afterward, click Apply and exit the menu.
Disable Hibernate option
Also Disable the Hibernate option, which prevents windows from sleep mode. So there is no more sleep mode wake-up issue, black screen issue. open command prompt as administrator and type “powercfg/h off” and hit enters to disable the sleep mode in Windows 10 system.
Roll Back Display Driver
Also if you notice This sleep mode doesn’t wake up issue started after a Recent Display Driver update, or the installed display driver is not compatible with the current Windows version this can cause windows 10 won’t wake from the sleep issue.
If the problem started After the Driver update then try the Rollback Driver option, Which reverts the current driver to the previous version. You Can Use Roll Back Option From Device manager -> expand Display Adapters -> right click on install driver and select properties. Move to the Driver tab and click on Roll Back Driver, Click yes select any reason why you roll back the driver, and follow on-screen instructions to Roll Back Current installed display Driver.
Update Display Driver
Also Old, Incompatible display driver cause this Sleep mode won’t wake up issue. Especially when you upgrade to the latest Windows 10 May 2021 update the current windows version is not compatible with the installed display driver version. Simply open Device manager, Expend display driver then right-click the installed display driver and select update driver. Let Windows find and install the latest driver software for you by clicking on Search automatically for updated driver software and following on-screen instructions.
Or you can visit the device manufacturer’s website and download the latest available driver software. Then open Device Manager, right-click the installed driver and click uninstall. Simply restart windows and next time install the latest driver software downloaded from the device manufacturer’s website. That’s all this will fix windows 10 won’t wake from sleep if the display driver causes the issue.
These are the most recommended solutions to fix windows 10 won’t wake from sleep mode issues. I hope after applying these solutions your problem windows 10 wakes from sleep black screen, Windows 10 won’t wake up from hibernation, Black screen after sleep mode issue gets resolved. Still have any queries, suggestions, or feel any difficulty while applying these solutions feel free to discuss in the comments below.
- Windows 10 stuck on black screen after waking from sleep mode? Try these fixes
- How to enable or Disable Hibernate Option in Windows 10 (2 Different ways)
- Solved: Windows 10 Won’t Shut Down (stuck) after install May 2021 update
- How to fix no audio output device is installed windows 10
- Windows 10 crashes while playing Games? Lets Optimize it for better performance