Can’t install the latest Windows 10 cumulative updates? Windows Update stuck checking for updates or KB4598242 for Windows 10 version 2004 failed to install with different error codes? There are a number of causes prevent windows update to download and install, such as a problem with network connection, that prevent windows update download from Microsoft server, Antivirus software blocking system changes or update database get corrupted. If you are also struggling form this problem here we have different solutions apply to install Windows updates without any problem.
Post Contents :-
Windows update failed to install
- Start with basic Frist make sure that the time and date settings are correct on your PC/Laptop.
- After verifying the date and time of your system, now try to turn off the third-party antivirus or firewall on your PC.
- Disconnect or remove VPN if configured on your Laptop
- Make sure you have a stable internet connection and the most important have sufficient free disk space to download and install windows update files.
- Run System file checker Utility to make sure any corrupt missing system files not causing the issue.
- Also, try to perform Clean Boot And Check for updates, this will help if startup service conflict prevent windows update to install.
Run windows update Troubleshooter
Run the Windows 10 inbuilt update troubleshooter and let windows to fix the problem itself.
- Press Windows + I to open the settings app,
- Then click on update & security and Troubleshoot
- Click additional troubleshooter link
- Now, scroll down and locate Windows update, click on it.
- Run the troubleshooter by clicking on the “Run the troubleshooter”.
- Click on the Next and allow it to automatically detect issues and fix them.
- When the troubleshooter finishes this process, Restart windows and check windows updates download and install without any errors.
Reset windows update Components
- Press Windows + R, type services.msc and click ok to open windows services.
- Scroll down look for service named windows update,
- Right-click on it and select Stop.
- Do the same with Other services, BITS and Superfetch.
- Now navigate to C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\download.
- Here delete everything inside the download folder,
- you can press Ctrl + A to select all and press the del key
- After that restart the services which you disabled before.
- To do this again open windows services, Right-click on the service name (BITs, Superfetch, windows update) and select start.
- Once restart windows and on the next login check for updates.
- I hope this time you will get succeed, And there is no more windows 10 update error.
Manually install Windows updates
- If none above solutions work for you, then simply visit the Microsoft catalog website here.
- Search for and download the latest KB4598242 offline package.
- Install the same and restart windows to apply the updates.
Note: If you face update installation stuck while checking Windows 10 feature update, We recommend to use the official media creation tool to update the windows 10 October 2020 update smoothly.
If you are looking for Latest Windows 10 ISO you can get it from here.
Did you found this post helpful, these solutions help to fix windows update download and installation problems? Let us know in the comments below, also read