Windows 10 Update failed to install with a different error like feature update to Windows 10, version 22H2 – error 0x80242006? For some others the error is different like Windows 10 Update Error 0x80070002 or 0x80070003, 0xc1900403, 0x80070020 etc? If you are struggling from this problem, such as a Windows update stuck downloading at any specific point and results failed to install with a different error, here are solutions to apply.
Issue: Feature update to Windows 10, version 22H2 – Error 0x80070002
Windows 10 Laptop stopped updating with an error message: “Feature update to Windows 10, version 22H2 – Error 0x80070002″ Currently using Windows 10 Pro 64-bit. When I retry Windows Update, I am getting the same error message. Tried to run Windows Update Troubleshooter to fix issues, then run Windows 10 Update Assistant, it downloaded content, started update when almost finished and got error 0x8007001f. Is there any solution to fix Windows 10 Update Error?
There are a number of reasons cause Windows update installation failure. But the most common is the corrupted Windows update components. If due to any reason Windows update database gets corrupted, Download a buggy update file this may result Windows update stuck while downloading and installing. Some Other reason such As corrupted, missing system files, Incorrect Time zone setting, insufficient disk space, unstable internet connection etc also results Windows updates fails to install on Windows 10.
Post Contents :-
How To fix Different Windows 10 Update Error?
- Start with basic Frist make sure that the time and date settings are correct on your PC/Laptop.
- After verifying the date and time of your system, now try to turn off the third-party antivirus or firewall on your PC.
- Disconnect or remove VPN if configured on your Laptop
- Make sure you have a stable internet connection and most important have sufficient free disk space to download and install Windows update files.
Here Microsoft has updated the minimum system requirement for Windows 10 22H2
|Processor||1GHz or faster CPU or System on a Chip (SoC).|
|RAM||1GB for 32-bit or 2GB for 64-bit.|
|Hard drive space||32GB for 64-bit or 32-bit.|
|Graphics||DirectX 9 or later with WDDM 1.0 driver.|
|Networking||Wi-Fi or Ethernet adapter.|
Also, Run System file checker Utility to make sure any corrupt missing system files not causing the issue.
- To do this open the command prompt as administrator
- type sfc /scannow and hit the enter key.
- After 100% complete the scanning process restart windows to take effect the changes.
- On next start again open windows updates from Settings -> Update & Security -> windows update -> check for updates.
- Check this time there is no more Windows 10 Update errors.
- Still, need help follow the next solution.
Also Try to perform Clean Boot And Check for updates. If any third-party service or startup application cause issue to install the updates then perform Clean boot And Try To check for updates this is also A most applicable solution to fix Windows Update Error 0x80d02002.
Reset Windows update components
As discussed before corrupted Windows update components are the most common reason behind most of the Windows 10 Update installation error. So delete the installation files from the software distribution folder to solve the problem. To perform this (modify the files or folder) first, we need to stop Windows update component related services such as Windows update service, BITS, Superfetch etc. Otherwise, the files or folders are open in programs and didn’t allow to modify it.
- Press Windows + R, type services.msc and click ok to open windows services.
- Scroll down and look for service named Windows Update,
- Right-click on it and select Stop.
- Do the same with Other services, BITS and Superfetch.
- Now navigate to C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\download.
- Here delete everything inside the download folder,
- you can press Ctrl + A to select all and press del key
- After that restart the services which you disabled before.
- To do this again open Windows services, Right click on the service name (BITs, Superfetch, windows update) and select start.
- Once restart Windows and on the next login check for updates.
- Hope this time you will get succeed, And there is no more Windows 10 update error.
Run Windows update Troubleshooter
This is another effective solution, Officially provided by Microsoft. Simply download the Windows update troubleshooter from the Microsoft site. Run the Troubleshooter and let Windows to check and fix Windows problems itself.
Also, you can use the Windows 10 inbuilt update troubleshooter following steps below,
- Press Windows + I to open the settings app,
- Then click on Update & security and Troubleshoot
- Now, scroll down and Search Windows Store Apps and click on it.
- Run the troubleshooter by clicking on the “Run the troubleshooter”.
- Click on the Next and allow it to automatically detect issues and fix.
- When the troubleshooter finishes this process, restart Windows and check Windows updates download and install without any errors.
Allow OS Upgrade registry tweak
This is another effective solution, to fix most of the Windows update related problems. If reset Windows update components and running update troubleshooter fails to fix the problem and still getting the Windows update installation error must try this registry tweak to fix Windows update problems.
- Open the Windows registry editor by press Windows + R, type regedit and click ok.
- Then first backup Registry database navigates to the following key.
- Then select OSUpgrade and Right-click on the middle pane new -> DWORD32bit value and rename it as AllowOSUpgrade,
- after that double-click on AllowOSUpgrade and change the number under Value data and enter 1.
- Now close the registry editor and restart Windows.
- On the next login check for updates, hope this time it didn’t create any problem or results any Windows update errors.
These are 3 most effective solutions to fix most of windows 10 update errors such as feature update to Windows 10, version 22H2 – error 0x80242006. Or Windows 10 Update Error 0x80070002 or 0x80070003, 0xc1900403, 0x80070020 etc. Have any query, or suggestions about this post feel free to discuss on the comments below. Also, Read
- 3 Ways to fix your Dead Windows 10 Start Menu problems
- Windows 10 timeline not working or not showing anything? Here is how to fix it
- Solved: Windows modules installer worker High CPU Usage on Windows 10
- How To Fix Startup problems on windows 11 and 10 (8 Solutions)
- Your DNS Server Might Be Unavailable In Windows 11 (Solved)