With Windows 10 April 2018 update version 1803 Microsoft introduced windows Timeline Feature which keeps track of every file you open and every web page you’ve visited. You can also access previous tasks up to 30 days later — including those on other PCs that have received the Timeline feature. You can read more about the windows timeline feature and how it works from here. Overall this is a great feature, but some users report windows 10 timeline not working or windows timeline just shows current tasks and can’t track their previous activities.
If you’re also facing the problem windows 10 timeline not showing anything, Here some solutions you may apply to fix this issue.
Windows 10 timeline not showing anything
- First, open Settings using Windows + I keyboard shortcut,
- Click on Privacy then Activity history
- Here make sure “Let Windows collect my activities from this PC” and ” Let Windows sync my activities from this PC to the cloud” is check marked.
Note: If you are facing sync issue simply click on Clear button to get refreshed. And fix most of windows timeline feature related issues.
- Also Under Show activities from accounts,
- ensure that your Microsoft Account is selected and the toggle is set to the On position.
- Now restart windows and click on timeline icon on your Taskbar,
- Then click Turn on the option under see more day
- And now it should be working fine.
- If you still don’t see the Timeline icon, right-click on the taskbar and make sure Show Task View button is selected.
- Open the Settings app, go to System > Shared experiences.
- Here toggle on Share across devices and set I can share or receive from to Everyone nearby as shown image below.
Tweak Windows registry editor
Still, need help lets tweak the windows registry editor to fix the issue.
- Press Windows + R, type regedit and ok to open the windows registry editor.
- First backup registry database then navigate to the following key.
- Here ensure that the value of the following DWORD (32 bit) values are set to 1:
If you didn’t find any key then right click on System -> New – > DWORD (32bit) Value and name it EnableActivityFeed.
On the same way create two more keys and name them PublishUserActivities, UploadUserActivities Double click on the newly created key and set its value 1.
That’s all now restart windows and check the Windows timeline working properly and started collecting your previous tasks.