Sometimes you may receive Windows 10 Blue screen Error Stop code 0xc000021a or STATUS_SYSTEM_PROCESS_TERMINATED at startup or after upgrade Latest Windows 10 1903. This is because Windows itself has crashed, and your computer needs to restart. If you get this error, a big blue screen appears, telling Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart. it’s collecting some error information and will then restart your computer for you. In small print under that, it gives the Stop code 0xc000021A and tells you that you can find out more information about the error online.
Post Contents :-
Windows 10 Stop code 0xc000021a
Basically, The stop code 0xc000021a, STATUS_SYSTEM_PROCESS_TERMINATED occurs when the WinLogon (Winlogon.exe) or Client Server-Run Time Subsystem (Csrss.exe) files are damaged. Where Winlogon is responsible for handling the login and logout processes and Client Server-Run Time Subsystem belongs to Microsoft Client or Server. So if you are struggling from this Windows 10 blue screen error here apply solutions below.
The first thing we recommend, remove all external devices and start windows normally. This will fix the problem if any new hardware device driver conflict causing the issue.
Performa startup repair
Since your Windows computer isn’t functioning normally, We need to access advanced options to perform startup repair. That automatically detect and fix the problems prevent Windows start normally.
- Boot windows from the installation disk, (if you don’t have check how to create windows installation drive)
- When prompted to Press any key to boot from CD or DVD, press any key to continue.
- Select your language preferences, and click Next.
- Click Repair your computer in the bottom-left.
- On choose an option screen, click Troubleshoot.
- On Troubleshoot screen, click Advanced option.
- On the Advanced options screen, click Automatic Repair or Startup Repair.
- Wait until the Windows Automatic/Startup Repairs complete.
When you select startup repair this will restart the window and during startup, this will start diagnosing your system. During this diagnostic phase, Startup Repair will scan your system and analyze the various settings, configuration options, and system files as it looks for corrupt files or botched configuration settings. If Startup Repair detects any of these types of problems, it will automatically attempt to fix them.
Disable Driver Signature Enforcement
This is the best working solution recommended by most users
- Again open advanced option following the above method,
- This time click on command prompt,
- Now type following commands and press enter key to disable driver signature enforcement on your system.
- bcdedit -set loadoptions DISABLE_INTEGRITY_CHECKS
- bcdedit -set TESTSIGNING ON
- Reboot your computer and see if you’re able to Fix BSOD Error 0xc000021a in Windows 10.
Note: If you want to enable signature enforcement in the future, then open Command Prompt (with administrative rights) and type these commands in order:
- bcdedit -set loadoptions ENABLE_INTEGRITY_CHECKS
- bcdedit /set testsigning off
Still, the problem not solved, Getting Windows 10 BSOD error 0xC000021A. Let’s rebuild the boot configuration file, that probably helps to boot windows normally.
Again access advanced options, -> command prompt option. Now perform command below one by one.
- bootrec /FixMbr
- bootrec /FixBoot
- bootrec /ScanOs
- bootrec /RebuildBcd
Restart Windows after complete the process and check if system started normally.
Boot into safe mode
If you are still reading this means the above solutions didn’t fix the problem for you. Don’t worry Start windows into safe mode that help to perform some additional solutions.
- Access advanced options,
- Click on startup settings then restart,
- Now press F4 to start windows into safe mode.
Run system file checker
When windows start on safe mode, run system file checker utility. This will help if any corrupted missing system files causing this blue screen error.
- Open the command prompt as administrator,
- Type command sfc /scannow and press enter key,
- This will start the scanning system for corrupted missing files,
- And if found any the utility automatically restore them with correct one,
- Let 100% process complete the scanning process,
- And restart windows after that, now check if this help to fix the problem.
Run the Memory Diagnostic tool
Sometimes Corrupted RAM can cause this blue screen problem. so To determine whether or not this is the case, you need to test your RAM. This can be done, by running the Memory Diagnostic Tool.
Perform system restore
Restore Points proves to be very useful in situations like this. This Method is only useful for you if you already have a Restore point Created in the past when your PC was Running Smooth as Butter. For those who already have a Restore point created, Read how to perform a system restore on windows 10.