Another Windows 10 preview build is now rolling out to Windows Insiders in the Dev Channel (Formally known as Fast ring Insiders) bringing the build number up to version 20170. Well similar to recent builds, Windows 10 build 20170 includes a handful of fixes and improvements. In addition, that latest build brings a new Sound Settings experience, a revamped Settings icon, as well as an experimental implementation of Transport Layer Security (TLS) 1.3 and more. Here the complete changelog of Windows 10 preview builds 20170.
Note: Windows Insiders using devices with AMD processors won’t be able to install this build due to a bug causing stability issues on AMD-based devices.
Post Contents :-
What’s new in Windows 10 Build 20170?
Improvements to Sound settings experience
As a part of planning to bring more Control Panel capabilities forward into Settings, latest Windows 10 Preview build 20170 updating Settings > System > Sound > Manage sound devices that let you know which device is the default, and if not, enable you to set it as your default device or default communication device.
In addition, the volume mixer has been updated to include a link to the audio settings per application, in order to update the device of each application.
Search on the taskbar introducing an updated design for Search Home with a new two-column layout.
Also windows insiders notice Microsoft is introducing a new Settings icon in this build.
The company has noted, temporarily turning off Notepad’s ability to persist open windows across restarts and updates.
Transport Layer Security (TLS) 1.3 will be enabled by default for Internet Information Sercives (IIS / HTTP.SYS).
Microsoft’s Brandon LeBlanc writes: “We are excited to announce the rollout of Microsoft Launcher v6 (download here!) to the general public. This launcher is built on a new codebase allowing us to bring multiple new features to you – such as Personalized News, Landscape mode, Customizable App Icons, Bing-Supported Wallpaper, Dark Theme, and numerous performance improvements like speed to load, low memory utilization, battery optimization, and fluent animations.”
Bugfix and improvements
The latest Windows 10 20H1 preview build 20170 also fixes the following problems as well.
- Resolve an IME bug where holding down the mouse left click key would eventually lead to input hanging.
- Fixed a bug causing Master volume slider in Sound Settings not working after removing and re-pairing certain Bluetooth devices.
- fixed an issue resulting in typing not working on certain keyboards, modifier keys like Shift and CTRL sometimes being dropped over a remote desktop connection.
- Fix bug causing, update notifications not appearing or appearing multiple times, Windows log off take a long time, Display screens became dimmer after upgrading, Windows 10 sleep not working.
- Also, the company has resolved a bug causing Task Manager to report 0.00 GHz CPU usage in the Performance tab.
- Microsoft Store games protected with Easy Anti-Cheat may fail to launch.
- Some insiders may experience, system crash with HYPERVISOR_ERROR bugcheck
- Update process hang or stuck while Installing latest preview builds
As always, you can check out the full release notes, including a look at the known issues, at the Windows Blog.
Windows 10 Build 20170 ISO
If you are a Windows Insider in the Fast ring, you can update to the Insider Preview Build 20170 by going into Settings -> Update & Security -> Windows Update and then checking for new updates.
If you are looking to download Windows 10 Build 20170 ISO, you can get it from this link here. Download ISO x32 bit and x64 bit
If you are looking for the latest Windows 10 version 2004 ISO you can download it direct from Microsoft server following this link.
- How to Optimize Windows 10 laptop for gaming and productivity
- Laptop WiFi connection automatically disconnects in windows 10
- Fix Printer error 0x00000709, Operation could not be completed
- Solved: Windows modules installer worker high CPU Usage on Windows 10
Source: Windows blog