Another Windows 10 preview build is now rolling out to Windows Insiders in the Dev Channel (Formally known as Fast ring Insiders) bringing the build number up to version 20190. Well similar to recent builds, Windows 10 build 20190 includes a handful of fixes and improvements. In addition, that latest build brings new post-update experience that tells you what has changed each time you install a major update. Graphics settings improvements, which let you select a default high-performance GPU, and you can pick a GPU on a per-app basis and more. Here the complete changelog of Windows 10 preview builds 20190.
What’s new in Windows 10 Build 20190?
New post-update experience
With the latest build 20190 Microsoft introducing Tips app that highlights the most exciting changes on your PC after a major Windows 10 feature update is installed. Means After installing this build you’ll notice that the Tips app will be launched automatically to highlight some of the most recent new features introduced in recent Insider builds.
To See this experience on your device , microsoft noted to make sure the “Show me the Windows welcome experience” checkbox in Settings > System > Notifications & actions is checked.
Improved Graphics Settings experience
The latest Windows 10 Build 20190 also comes with some graphics settings improvements that given more control over specifying the default high-performance GPU. In addition, now the Graphics Settings now allow users to pick a specific GPU on a per-application basis.
If you’re a power user that has multiple high performance GPUs and would like to specify which of those GPUs should be the one used for high performance uses cases, you can now do that by going to Settings > System > Display > Graphics settings or Settings > Gaming > Graphics settings.
Based on user feedback Microsoft now updating the new Japanese IME to support switching between Hiragana and Katakana by using CTRL + CAPSLOCK and ALT + CAPSLOCK (respectively),
Bugfix and improvements
The latest Windows 10 20H1 preview build 20190 also fixes the following problems as well.
- Windows Subsystem for Linux 1 related error that would output: ‘The I/O operation has been aborted because of either a thread exit or an application request’.
- Windows explorer.exe being unresponsive on touch-capable devices after resuming from hibernation
- When Narrator was enabled it could result in the on-screen PIN pad unexpectedly appearing when focus is set to the login screen.
- Features on Demand (FOD) failing to enable error 0x8000FFFF in recent builds.
- fixed an issue with the new search box in the default apps settings pages, where search results would appear to draw on top of one another when deleting characters from the search box.
- Microsoft Store games protected with Easy Anti-Cheat may fail to launch.
- Update process hang or stuck while Installing the latest preview builds
- Min/max/close buttons are stuck in their original positions after resizing a UWP app.
- new taskbar experience for pinned sites isn’t working for some sites.
- Alt + Tabbing to a browser tab sometimes moves the previously active browser tab to the front of the Alt + Tab list as well
- The letter headers in the Start menu’s all apps list have unnecessary left padding when the all apps list was set to hidden.
As always, you can check out the full release notes, including a look at the known issues, at the Windows Blog.
Windows 10 Build 20190 ISO
If you are a Windows Insider in the Fast ring, you can update to the Insider Preview Build 20190 by going into Settings -> Update & Security -> Windows Update and then checking for new updates.
If you are looking to download Windows 10 Build 20190 ISO, you can get it from this link here. Download ISO x32 bit and x64 bit
If you are looking for the latest Windows 10 version 2004 ISO you can download it direct from Microsoft server following this link.
Note: This is 3rd party ISO images Build 20190. You can refer to our tutorials on how to create a bootable USB drive and how to do a fresh Windows 10 installation.
- How to Optimize Windows 10 laptop for gaming and productivity
- Laptop WiFi connection automatically disconnects in windows 10
- Fix Printer error 0x00000709, Operation could not be completed
- Solved: Windows modules installer worker high CPU Usage on Windows 10
Source: Windows blog