If After upgrade to latest Windows 10 version 1903 Photos app causing problem, Windows 10 Photos App didn’t start (Photos won’t open or crashes) prevent users to open and view image files or photos with the Photos App. Here some solutions you may apply to quickly fix Photos App not opening on windows 10.
Post Contents :-
Windows 10 Photos App not working
Microsoft regularly rolls out security updates with bug fixes, may the latest windows update contain the bug fix which causing photo app not opening, crashes. We recommend check and install updates.
- Press Windows + I to open settings
- Click update & security then windows update
- Here click check for updates button,
- Let windows download install available updates,
- Restart windows to apply the changes and check the problem fixed.
Update Display driver
Temporarily disable security software, and make sure your Display driver is updated. Outdated, incompatible Display driver fails to open graphics contents that’s why we recommend check and update your graphics driver.
Reset Microsoft store cache
Press Windows + R, type WSReset.exe to reset windows store cache.Close the Windows Store App and then try to launch the Photos App again.
Microsoft store apps troubleshooter
- Open Settings using the keyboard shortcut Windows + I,
- click on update & security then Troubleshoot,
- look for windows store apps, Click on it and Run the troubleshooter
- \his will check and fix the problems which causing windows store apps from working properly.
- After that restart windows and open windows, store check this working properly.
Reset Windows 10 photos app
Also, try to reset the photo app to its default setup following steps below.
- Press keyboard shortcut Windows + X and select settings
- Click on Apps then Apps & Features
- Scroll down and click on Photos
- click on Advanced options Then click on the Reset button on as shown image below.
- That’s all Close the window, restart windows
- On next start check photo app opening and working properly.
Run system file checker utility
Run the System file checker utility to make sure missing corrupt system files not causing Photo app to crash or not opening.
- Open the command prompt as administrator,
- Type sfc /scannow and hit the enter key.
- This will check for missing corrupted system files if SFC found any this will restore them from %WinDir%\System32\dllcache.
- Wait until 100% complete the scanning process, After that restart windows.
If Sfc scan results “windows resource protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them” Then Run DISM command dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth to repair system image and enable sfc to do its job. After Run DISM command again Run SFC utility, Then restart windows and check photos app working properly.
Check with new user account
Create a new user account and check with new user account profile photo app working properly.
- To create a new user account open command prompt as administrator,
- type net user <username> <password>/add
- Then type command net localgroup administrators admin /add to add the newly created user account on to Administrator group.
- That’s all type exit to close the command prompt,
- log off from current user account and login to newly created user account and check photos app working.
Uninstall and Reinstall Photos App
If all the above solutions fail to fix the issue, Then the final option Reinstall the photos app.
- Open PowerShell (admin) Then perform command below to remove the built-in photos app.
Get-AppxPackage *Microsoft.Windows.Photos* | Remove-AppxPackage
- After executing the command restart windows,
- And on next start, open Microsoft store
- search for photos and select Microsoft photos app
- click Get button to download and install photos app on your Windows 10 system.
That’s all, And i am sure applying these solutions your photos app start working normally without any problem or app crash. Still, need any help or have any suggestion about this post feel free to comment below. Also, Read
- Timeline Feature is not working in Windows 10 version 1903
- How to fix windows 10 black screen with cursor after login 2019
- Windows 10 Mail App does not print emails? Here some quick solutions !!!
- Solved: Service Host local System High CPU Usage In Windows 10 1903
- “We couldn’t connect to the update service” in Windows 10 Version 1903