Having Audio volume problem after the windows 10 2004 update? Or you notice laptop volume is remarkably low after install KB4515384 (OS build 18362.356) Windows 10 version 1903. This issue mostly related to audio driver, that gets corrupted, or incompatible with the current windows version. And reinstall the audio driver with the latest version probably a good solution. Again Windows have some essential settings and that need to be perfect to get good sound quality. Here this post helps you to fix low volume problems on Windows 10, 8.1 and 7 computers and laptops.
Post Contents :-
Fix Low Volume on Windows 10
Note: Solutions below also applicable to fix Various Audio sound problems such as audio sound not working, No Audio output installed, No Sound after Windows upgrade etc on windows 10, 8.1 and 7.
Check and make sure Audio Device is connected properly and the volume is set to 100.
If you are experiencing this issue with a Bluetooth speaker or some wired speaker that comes with a woofer, you should try connecting that device to a different device so that you can further isolate the problem.
If you have an external audio device that causing low volume issue, then you need to connect the device with a different computer to confirm there is no fault on the Hardware device.
- Right-click the speaker icon on the system tray
- Select Open Volume Mixer to open the window directly below.
- Then check and raise the audio slider for third-party software open on the taskbar if the volume is too low.
Whenever you perform troubleshooting, its recommended first to check and install the latest Windows update. As Microsoft release, regular windows updates with various bug fixes and that may have the bug fixes for your problem.
- Open Settings app,
- Search for Windows update then select check for updates,
- lets windows download and install updates, if available there,
- Restart windows and check if the problem fixed.
Run Audio troubleshooter
Run the build-in Audio troubleshooter and let windows automatically detect and correct the problems that cause low volume problem on your system.
- Open control panel,
- Navigate Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Troubleshooting\All Categories
- here click on playing audio to open the troubleshooter,
- Click on advanced options and checkmark apply repair automatically,
- Click next and follow on-screen instructions,
- Restart windows after complete the process and check audio volume working fine.
Update Audio Driver
All installed device drivers must have updated the latest version installed to get the best performance. And update audio driver is the most basic thing when you troubleshoot audio sound problems.
- open the Start and enter Device Manager.
- Open it and from a list of devices, expand Sound, Video and game controllers.
- Find your sound card, right click and select update driver,
- Windows should be able to look at the internet and update your PC with the latest sound drivers.
Reinstall audio driver
If not updates available there, follow steps below to reinstall the audio driver with the manufacturer’s driver.
- Again open Device manager
- Right-click on installed Audio driver, select uninstall Device.
- When Ask for a confirmation checkmark on Delete the Driver software for the device and select uninstall
- Restart windows to completely remove the driver form your computer.
On next Reboot windows will scan and install the best available Audio Driver, Or you can Again open Device manager check Audio driver is installed if not click on Action And select scan for hardware changes. Also Visit Device manufacturer website Download the latest Available Audio Driver software and install.
Change the sample rate and bit depth
- Rigth click on the speaker symbol located at right end of the taskbar select sound,
- Now move to the playback tab, and double click on speakers.
- On Speakers, properties move to Advanced Tab
- Pull down the menu to set the bit rate to 24 bit/44100 Hz or 24 bit/192000 Hz.
- Both the options are visible as per the device’s capability.
- After that click Apply and ok to save changes now check low sound volume issue resolved.
Change Communication settings
Communication settings is a built-in Low Volume feature that helps users get better audio when they use the computer to receive or place some calls. This feature can reduce your computer’s sound by up to 100%.
- To change the communication Settings right click on the volume icon on taskbar select Sound.
- Then move to the communication tab And on the option that says, “When Windows detects communication activity”, select “Do nothing”.
Adjust the Loudness Equalization
This is another setting you’ve got to check because if this option is not activated, no wonder you’re hearing a comparatively lower volume from your computer.
- To adjust this setting, right-click on the volume icon on taskbar select Sound.
- Under playback tab double click on Speakers.
- Then on Speaker properties under Enhancements tab Select the Loudness Equalization and click OK to save the changes you made.
Clean your speakers physically
If you have been using the same speaker for a long time, there might be dust on it, which often blocks the sound from playing smoothly. Check if your speakers are clean from the inside as well as outside. If not, make it clean and test whether it is giving better performance or not.