Microsoft has released Windows 10 feature update version 1909 aka November 2019 update for everyone. Unlike previous Windows 10 feature updates, the November 2019 Update was delivered as a small “enablement package” (KB4517245) that takes only a few minutes to install. And this time Microsoft is dedicating this release to fixing bugs, improving performance, and introducing minor new features to the existing Windows 10 May 2019 Update already available. Well If you’re running Windows 10 version 1809 or earlier, you’ll get the full feature update.
- Public name: Windows 10 November 2019 Update
- Codename: 19H2
- Version: 1909
- Release Date: November 12, 2019
Windows 10 version 1909 is an optional update
Microsoft decided to release this feature update as an optional update, which means that it won’t download and install until you manually start the process from the Windows Update settings page.
How to install the Windows 10 1909 update
All devices running Windows 10 version 1903, get this update frame of a cumulative update. And you need to click on Download and install now to get Windows 10 November 2019 update installed on your PC.
- Press Windows + I keyboard shortcut to open the settings app,
- Click on Update & security than Windows update,
- Hit the check for updates button, and click on Download and install now when it shows options updates available.
- Restart Windows to apply the changes.
Note: If you follow these steps and do not see “Feature update to Windows 10, version 1909” on your device, you might have a compatibility issue and a safeguard hold is in place until we are confident that you will have a good update experience.
If you’re running Windows 10 version 1809 or earlier, you’ll get the full feature update. Or you can use Windows 10 Update assistant to get Windows 1909 installed on your device.
Also Windows 10 version 1909 ISO available for download you can get it from here.
Here Video Microsoft team explained how to get Windows 10 November 2019 update.
What’s the new Windows 10 1909
Mostly this update focused on several bug fixes and improvements also receive some of the minor changes that include More control over notifications, Creating calendar events from the taskbar, an updated file explorer search that brings in local and cloud-based files, and more.
Windows 10 1909 features
Once Windows 10 1909 is installed you may notice the Calendar flyout on the taskbar that allows you to create an appointment or meeting on the fly, without having to open the Calendar app.
- You only have to tab over the Time & Date taskbar icon.
- Then, open the calendar view and you just simply need to click over a date to create an event.
- You have to name your even and can add location and time as well.
The search box in File Explorer is now powered by Windows Search, allowing results to include OneDrive content online. This change also means that search results appear instantly in a drop-down list below the search box as you type.
Notifications settings under Settings > System > Notifications will now default to sorting notification senders by most recently shown notification, rather than sender name. This makes it easier to find and configure frequent and recent senders. We have also added a setting to turn off playing a sound when notifications appear.
The navigation pane on the Start menu now expands when you hover over it with your mouse and give you more details about each icon before clicking.
Third-party digital assistants will be able to activate above the Lock screen using voice commands.
Windows 10 version 1909 also improves general battery life and power efficiency improvements for devices with certain processors.
Finally, the Narrator and other assistive technologies can now detect the location of a dedicated Fn key and determine whether it’s locked or unlocked. That accessibility feature is increasingly important as more PCs use this technique to toggle the actions assigned to function keys.
The latest build enabled Windows Defender Credential Guard for ARM64 devices for additional protection against credential theft for enterprises deploying ARM64 devices in their organizations.
- Windows 10 low volume problem after Update? Apply these 5 solutions
- kernel security check failure during windows 10 1903 install/Upgrade
- Quick tips to Fix Your DNS Server might be unavailable in Windows 10
- How to Enable Windows sandbox Feature on windows 10 version 1903
- Possible solutions to fix Windows 10 Update Fails With Error 0x80248007