As part of Microsoft Windows Patch Tuesday for November 2020, today Microsoft released a new patch for Windows 10 Version 20H2 and 2004 with KB4586781 cumulative update. Installing Windows 10 KB4586781 bumps OS Build 19041.630 and Build 19042.630 that root out and eliminate various bugs, bring security improvements, and more. Also, there is a new cumulative update (KB4586786) for Windows 10 version 1903 and 1909, bumps Windows 10 build 18362.1198 and 18363.1198 respectively.
Windows 10 version 1909 shares the core operating system and the system files with Windows 10 version 1903. For that reason, KB4586786 applicable for both windows 10 version 1909 and 1903 that bump up the OS builds to 18362.1198, and 18363.1198 respectively.
Post Contents :-
Download Windows 10 KB4586781
Windows 10 KB4586781 is an important update, that downloads and installs automatically. Only you need to restart your PC to apply the update.
Also, you can Manually install windows update following the steps below.
- Search for update and select check for updates
- Windows update settings open, here click on Check for updates button.
- You will notice KB4586781 started downloading
- Once done you need restart your PC to apply these updates
And after that run Winver to check the updated build number Windows 10 build 19042.630.
Well, you can use the below links to download KB4586781 offline package. And if you are looking for Windows 10 version 20H2 or version 2004 ISO image you can get it from here.
What’s new Windows 10 build 19042.630
With Windows 10 KB4586781, Microsoft has Corrects DST start date for Fiji Islands to December 20, 2020
The latest windows update also brings Security updates to the Microsoft Scripting Engine, Windows Input and Composition, Microsoft Graphics Component, the Windows Wallet Service, Windows Fundamentals, and the Windows Kernel.
Improves operating system security when Windows performs basic operations and the security of Microsoft office products.
Improve security when using input devices such as a mouse, keyboard, or pen.
Known issues in this update
System and user certificates may be lost when updating from Windows 10 version 1809 or later to a newer version of Windows 10. This happens mainly when managed devices are updated using outdated bundles or media according to Microsoft. Devices that use Windows Update or Windows Update for Business are not impacted. Microsoft suggests to go back to the previous version of Windows to fix the issue.
Users who use the Microsoft Input Method Editor (IME) for Japanese or Chinese may experience issues such as being unable to enter text.
What’s new Windows 10 build 18363.1198
The latest Windows 10 KB4586786 applicable for windows 10 version 1909 and 1903 improves security for basic operations, Microsoft Office products, input devices such as a mouse, keyboard, or pen.
- Updates the 2020 DST start date for the Fiji Islands to December 20, 2020.
- Addresses an issue with the package frame launcher (PSF) that passes a malformed parameter to a shim.
- Security updates to the Microsoft Scripting Engine, the Microsoft Graphics Component, Windows Input and Composition, the Windows Wallet Service, Windows Fundamentals, and the Windows Kernel.
- System and user certificates may be lost when updating from Windows 10 version 1809 or later to a newer version of Windows 10. This happens mainly when managed devices are updated using outdated bundles or media according to Microsoft. Devices that use Windows Update or Windows Update for Business are not impacted. Microsoft suggests to go back to the previous version of Windows to fix the issue.
- After installing this update on domain controllers (DCs) and read-only domain controllers (RODCs) in your environment, you might encounter Kerberos authentication and ticket renewal issues.
Here the complete changelog listed Microsoft support site.
Windows 10 KB4586786 offline download link
If you encounter any problem installing these updates here read our Windows update troubleshooting guide.
- How To download and Install Chromium-Based Microsoft Edge on Windows 10
- Possible solutions to fix Windows 10 Update Fails With Error 0x80248007
- Fix Your PC device needs to be repaired 0xc0000225 Windows 10
- Solved 100% Disk Usage after Windows 10 update
- Fix Windows 10 start menu not working after October 2020 update