As part of Microsoft Windows Patch Tuesday for May 2021, today Microsoft released a new patch for Windows 10 Version 20H2 and 2004 with KB5003173 cumulative update. Installing Windows 10 KB5003173 bumps OS Build 19041.958 and Build 19042.958 that root out and eliminate various bugs, bring security improvements, and more. Also, there is a new cumulative update (KB5003169) for Windows 10 version 1909, which bumps Windows 10 build 18363.1556.
Post Contents :-
Download Windows 10 KB5003173
Windows 10 KB5003173 is an important update, that downloads and installs automatically. Only you need to restart your PC to apply the update.
Also, you can Manually install windows update following the steps below.
- Search for update and select check for updates
- Windows update settings open, here click on Check for updates button.
- You will notice KB5003173 started downloading
- Once done you need to restart your PC to apply these updates
And after that run Winver to check the updated build number Windows 10 build 19042.958
Well, you can use the below links to download KB5003173 offline package. And if you are looking for Windows 10 version 20H2 or version 2004 ISO image you can get it from here.
Download Windows 10 Build 19041.958
Download Windows 10 Build 19042.958
What’s new Windows 10 build 19042.958
Improve security when Windows performs basic operations and Windows OLE (compound documents) security also Update security for Bluetooth drivers.
Also, there are security fixes for Windows Shell, the Windows User Account Control, the Windows Kernel, Internet Explorer, and Microsoft Edge Legacy.
Known issues in this update
System and user certificates may be lost when updating from Windows 10 version 1809 or later to a newer version of Windows 10. This happens mainly when managed devices are updated using outdated bundles or media according to Microsoft. Devices that use Windows Update or Windows Update for Business are not impacted. Microsoft suggests to go back to the previous version of Windows to fix the issue.
The correct Furigana characters may not be displayed when using the Microsoft Japanese Input Method Editor. Microsoft is working on a resolution.
What’s new Windows 10 build 18363.1556
The latest Windows 10 KB5003169 applicable for windows 10 version 1909 Improve security when Windows performs basic operations and user input devices such as a mouse, keyboard, or pen.
Updates to improve security when Windows performs basic operations.
- Updates an issue that might cause scroll bar controls to appear blank on the screen and not function.
- Updates to improve Windows OLE (compound documents) security.
- Updates security for Bluetooth drivers.
Security updates to Windows App Platform and Frameworks, the Windows Kernel, the Microsoft Scripting Engine, and the Windows Silicon Platform.
- System and user certificates may be lost when updating from Windows 10 version 1809 or later to a newer version of Windows 10. This happens mainly when managed devices are updated using outdated bundles or media according to Microsoft. Devices that use Windows Update or Windows Update for Business are not impacted. Microsoft suggests to go back to the previous version of Windows to fix the issue.
Here the complete changelog listed Microsoft support site.
Windows 10 KB5003169 offline download link
If you encounter any problem installing these updates here read our Windows update troubleshooting guide.
- How To download and Install Chromium-Based Microsoft Edge on Windows 10
- Possible solutions to fix Windows 10 Update Fails With Error 0x80248007
- Fix Your PC device needs to be repaired 0xc0000225 Windows 10
- Solved 100% Disk Usage after Windows 10 update
- Fix Windows 10 start menu not working after October 2020 update