Did you notice the default printer keeps changing its own in Windows 10? This is because Microsoft has introduced a new setting to change the default printer in Windows 10. When turned on, the default printer is the last used printer. That means example 1 is your default printer in Windows 10 and for a special case you need to manually select your printer to a different printer driver. With this setting turned on, your default printer in Windows will not be example1 anymore but the last used printer. While this can be useful for some users, many others might prefer to set the default printer manually. If you are looking for a way to stop Windows 10 from changing your default printer, you can use Windows 10 Settings app or edit the Windows Registry
Post Contents :-
Set Default printer on Windows 10
- Press Windows + I keyboard shortcut to open the settings app,
- Click “Devices” in the Settings dialog
- Make sure you are in the section “Printers & scanners”
- Uncheck the setting “Let Windows manage my default printer”
- Now select the printer, you want to set as default,
- Then click on manage
- On next screen select set as default
Check your Sync settings
If the above setting enables automatically after some time, or after a restart then check your Sync settings. If the “Other Windows settings” option is enabled in the Sync settings page, Windows would sync your printer, mouse, keyboard and other settings.
- Open Settings using the keyboard shortcut Windows + I,
- Click Accounts, then Sync your settings
- Here Disable the Other Windows settings toggle button.
Use Registry to set the default printer
- If for some reason this does not help you, edit your Registry and see.
- Run regedit and navigate to the following key:
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows
- Change the value of LegacyDefaultPrinterMode from the default 0 to 1.
- Having done this, Once Restart windows and set your default printer again.
Did these solutions help to fix the default printer keeps changing Windows 10? Let us know on the comments below, also read