With Windows 10 Microsoft introduced Cast To Device feature to stream media content to your Miracast/DLNA device directly. That means You can cast your desktop or websites in Edge browser to a cast device or stream media to DLNA devices. But some users report after installing recent windows 10 version 1803 get cast to a device is not responding, for some others Cast To Device Not Working Xbox one.
Post Contents :-
Issue: Windows 10 Cast To Device Not Working
After install recent windows update The Cast to Device feature has stopped working on my PC. I right click on the file that want to cast, click on the device (usually my Xbox one), but then nothing happens. Or sometimes right click on the file and then select cast to device and select my Xbox One the application on the computer just sits at “Contacting Network Device”.
Fix Cast to Device Not Working Xbox One
Before performing the solutions, please make sure the device you want to cast to and Windows 10 both are connected to the same network connection.
Press Windows+R > type services.msc > In Services, make sure the following services are NOT disabled.
1. DNS Client [Automatic(Triggered)]
2. Function Discovery Resource Publication [Manual]
3. SSDP Discovery [Manual]
4. UPnP Device Host [Manual]
- Also, Go to Adapters > WiFi, and select TRUSTED it. Then your shared contents should allow to Cast to the TV.
- Also, try to disable any antivirus program if you are using.
Turn On Network Discovery
- Press Windows + I to open Settings,
- Click on Network and Internet option
- Then scroll down on the right side and click on Network & Sharing center.
- Now, click on Change adapter sharing settings from the left menu.
- Now, Just choose the radio button saying Turn on Network discovery. Also Turn on File and printer sharing.
- Finally, click on Save changes.
Now, try to see that your problem is resolved or not.
Troubleshoot Network Adapters
1 – Open settings by pressing windows key + I together.
2 – Now, click on update & Security.
3 – Now, from the left menu, click on Troubleshoot
4 – Now, Choose Network adapters in the section and click run the troubleshooter
5 – follow on-screen instructions to Run the troubleshooter, and let windows to check and fix network connection related problems.
Here also run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter to automatically found and fix if the device itself causing the problem.
Update network Adapter
We recommend that you update the network adapter driver and see if it helps.
- In the search box on the taskbar, type Device Manager, and then select Device Manager from the list of results.
- In Device Manager, select Network adapters > the network adapter name.
- Press and hold (or right-click) the network adapter, and then select Update Driver Software> Search automatically for updated driver software. Follow the steps, then select Close.
- After installing the updated driver, select the Start button > Power > Restart if you’re asked to restart, and see if that fixes the connection issue.
If Windows can’t find a new driver for your network adapter, visit the PC manufacturer’s website and download the latest network adapter driver from there and install.
Reset Streaming Permissions to Allow all Devices to Connect
If you are using this cast to device feature with Windows media player then to solve any error just reset streaming permissions windows media player.
- Open the Windows Media Player, click on the Stream button,
- Make sure you have checked on options from menu, including “Allow Internet access to home media,
- Automatically allow the device to play my media”> If not enabled then enable them. This will fix windows media player cast to the device.
Did these solutions help to fix Windows 10 Cast To Device Not Working /not responding problem? Let us know which option worked for you, Also Read [Fix] DNS Server not Responding On windows 10/8.1/7