If you encounter Error Code 0xc000000e winload.exe in Windows 10, here we have effective solutions to fix this windows 10 startup problem. This Windows Recovery Error code 0xc000000e, Your PC needs to be repaired, Is common error indicates the entries in the Boot Configuration Database (BCD) are missing the partition information for the Windows Boot Loader and Windows Boot Manager. And perform startup repair and Rebuild BCD most probably fix the problem.
Windows 10 Boot Error 0xc000000e
First of all, disconnect all external devices and forcefully reboot windows, check if PC starts normally.
As windows won’t start normally to perform troubleshooting steps, we need boot Windows to form installation media to access advanced options and perform startup repair and rebuild Boot configuration data. If you don’t have check how to create Windows 10 installation media from here.
Perform startup repair
- When your computer starts, wait for the manufacturer logo to check the option for boot menu, it will usually be F12.
- The boot menu key might differ with each manufacturer. If you are unable to find the boot menu key, you may refer the user manual.
- Restart the computer, when the manufacturer’s logo is displayed, keep pressing the Boot menu option key to enter the boot menu and change the boot option to CD\DVD ROM.
- After you boot your computer using Windows 10 DVD or System Repair Disc, a black screen appears with gray text “Press any key to boot from CD or DVD”. Press any key.
- Select the correct time and Keyboard type.
- Click Repair your computer in the lower left corner
Click on Troubleshooting, advanced option, and then click Automatic repair.
- This will scan and detect problems that prevent Windows from starting normally. Wait until complete the scanning process, this will automatically restart windows and start the computer normally.
Rebuild the Boot Configuration Data
If after startup repair didn’t fix the problem, You may try to rebuild the BCD booting from the disc and follow these instructions:
- Again Access Advanced Startup options and select Command prompt.
- I ask for a password type the current user login password and click ok.
- Windows restart and you will see a command prompt,
- Here type the following commands one by one and press Enter after each
After that restart windows and check there is no more Boot Error 0xc000000e while starting Windows.
Mark your Disk as Online
Again open command prompt form access advanced options
Then perform the command below
- diskpart (This will initiate the Diskpart utility inside of the Command Prompt)
- list volume
- select volume x ( where x is the volume number)
- online volume x
This will mark the selected volume as Online. now restart windows and check if the problem is resolved.
Boot Into Safe mode
If the above solutions didn’t fix the problem, then Start Windows into safe mode. This will start your PC with minimum system requirements, didn’t load startup programs, add-ons etc. And allow performing troubleshooting steps to fix Boot Error 0xc000000e.
- Again access Advanced options,
- Click on Startup Settings then Restart.
- you’ll see a list of options. Select F4 to start your PC in Safe Mode.
- Or if you’ll need to use the Internet, select 5 or F5 for Safe Mode with Networking
- When your PC starts on safe mode, perform the troubleshooting steps below.
When windows start in safe mode, open the command prompt as the administrator runs the system file checker utility and DISM command that probably fix the problem for you.
Did these solutions help to fix Windows 10 Boot Error 0xc000000e Your PC needs to be repaired? Let us know on the comments below, Also read: