Today 14/01/2020 Microsoft has released Windows 10 cumulative update KB4534273 for its October 2018 update version 1809. Installing Cumulative update KB4534273 bumps the OS to Windows 10 build 17763.973. As per Microsoft support site, this update doesn’t come with any new features, but instead, it includes a bunch of fixes and performance improvements.
Also, there is new update KB4530684 (OS Builds 18362.535) available for the latest Windows 10 version 1909, you can read the changelog from here.
Post Contents :-
Download Windows 10 build 17763.973
All Compatible devices connected Microsoft server will Automatically get the 2020-01 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1809 for x64-based Systems (KB4534273) via Windows Update. You can manually install updates following the steps below.
- Open Settings app using Windows + I keyboard shortcut,
- Click on Update & Security then Windows Update
- Now click the Check for updates button, to allow download update files from Microsoft server.
- And restart your PC to apply the changes.
Also, you can download the standalone package from the link below.
If you are looking to download Windows 10 1909 ISO click here.
What’s new Windows 10 build 17763.973?
This update includes Security updates to Windows App Platform and Frameworks, Windows Input and Composition, Windows Management, Windows Cryptography, Windows Virtualization, the Microsoft Scripting Engine, and Windows Server.
Also Addresses an issue to support new SameSite cookie policies by default for release 80 of Google Chrome.
- You may encounter may the error, “0x800f0982 – PSFX_E_MATCHING_COMPONENT_NOT_FOUND.”
- Certain operations, such as rename a file or folder may fail with the error, “STATUS_BAD_IMPERSONATION_LEVEL (0xC00000A5)”.
- You might be unable to create a local user when using Input Method Editor (IME).
What’s new Windows 10 Build 17134.1246
Well if you are still running Windows 10 version 1803, aka April 2018 update, your device receives Cumulative update KB4534293 that change Build number 17134.1246.
The April 2018 Update, version 1803, has reached the end of support on November 12, 2019, but the company has released update KB4530717 to fix several problems and improve security
- Updates to improve security when storing and managing files.
- Updates to improve security when using input devices such as a mouse, keyboard, or stylus.
- Security updates to the Microsoft Scripting Engine, Windows App Platform and Frameworks, Windows Input and Composition, Windows Media, Windows Virtualization, Windows Storage and Filesystems, and Windows Server .
Although the Windows 10 version 1709 (Fall Creators Update) is no longer supported, organizations running the Enterprise or Education edition of Windows 10 getting update KB4534276 (OS Build 16299.1625), Windows 10 version 1703 (Creators Update) getting KB4534296 (OS Build 15063.2254).
If you face any difficulty while installing these updates, Windows update stuck checking for updates. Or Cumulative update for windows 10 version 1809 for x64 based system (KB4534273) failed to install with different errors check out this post.