Today 12/10/2021 Microsoft has released Windows 10 cumulative update KB5006672 for its October 2018 update version 1809. Installing Cumulative update KB5006672 bumps the OS to Windows 10 build 17763.2237. As per the Microsoft support site, this update doesn’t come with any new features, but instead, it includes a bunch of fixes and performance improvements.
Also, there are new update KB5006670 (OS Builds 19043.1288) available for the latest Windows 10 version 21H1
Post Contents :-
Download Windows 10 build 17763.2237
All Compatible devices connected Microsoft server will Automatically get the 2020-01 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1809 for x64-based Systems (KB5006672) via Windows Update. You can manually install updates following the steps below.
- Open the Settings app using Windows + I keyboard shortcut,
- Click on Update & Security then Windows Update
- Now click the Check for updates button, to allow download update files from the Microsoft server.
- And restart your PC to apply the changes.
Also, you can download the standalone package from the link below.
If you are looking to download Windows 10 1909 ISO click here.
What’s the new Windows 10 build 17763.2237?
Updates security for your Windows operating system.
- Addresses an issue that causes PowerShell to create an infinite number of child directories. This issue occurs when you use the PowerShell Move-Item command to move a directory to one of its children.
- You may encounter may the error, “0x800f0982 – PSFX_E_MATCHING_COMPONENT_NOT_FOUND.”
- After installing KB5001342 or later, the Cluster Service might fail to start because a Cluster Network Driver is not found.
What’s the new Windows 10 Build 17134.1246
Well if you are still running Windows 10 version 1803, aka April 2018 update, your device receives Cumulative update KB4534293 that changes Build number 17134.1246.
The April 2018 Update, version 1803, has reached the end of support on November 12, 2019, but the company has released update KB4530717 to fix several problems and improve security
- Updates to improve security when storing and managing files.
- Updates to improve security when using input devices such as a mouse, keyboard, or stylus.
- Security updates to the Microsoft Scripting Engine, Windows App Platform and Frameworks, Windows Input and Composition, Windows Media, Windows Virtualization, Windows Storage and Filesystems, and Windows Server.
If you face any difficulty while installing these updates, Windows update is stuck checking for updates. Or Cumulative update for windows 10 version 1809 for x64 based system (KB5006672) failed to install with different errors check out this post.