Does Laptop Internet connection gets disconnected frequently from the Wireless network? WiFi connection on your Windows 10 computer drops or gets cut-off without any reason and comes back on again. Or, after upgrading Laptop to Windows 10 1903, your WiFi Internet connection keeps disconnecting, Forcing you to restart your router and sometimes your PC as well to get back online. The problem wifi keeps disconnecting windows 10 occurs due to many cases like the Driver Software for the WiFi Adapter not being updated to the latest version, Current installed WiFi driver is not compatible with windows 10 version and also due to the default tendency of Windows 10 computer to turn OFF its WiFi Adapter, in order to conserve power.
If you are also suffering from WiFi connection/disconnection or limited connectivity issues problem. Here apply bellow solutions to fix WiFi connection automatically disconnects in windows 10
Post Contents :-
WiFi Keeps Disconnecting in Windows 10
Most people encountering this problem think in terms of the Router/Modem being faulty or malfunctioning and many blame the internet service provider for providing a crappy service. But mostly this is not the reason for WiFi keeps disconnecting issues. As we discuss There may be installed WiFi driver is not compatible with the current windows version. And reinstall driver software for the WiFi adapter probably fix the problem.
Power Cycle Devices:
First, you should try to reboot your devices, so you should try to reboot your Modem, wireless router, and Laptop. Now try to connect with wifi. If you are not able to connect to wifi, then you may follow the steps below.
Turn On Wifi- every laptop or computer has a button to turn the wireless on or off. So you should try to turn on the wifi button by pressing the button.
Run Network Troubleshooter
Run the Windows inbuilt Network Adapter Troubleshooting Tool And let windows to fix the problem itself first.
- Press Windows + I to open the windows settings app,
- Click update & security then, troubleshoot,
- Here on right hand side look for and select network adapter,
- Click Run the troubleshooter and let windows to detect and fix the problem itself.
Update WiFi Adapter Driver
As we discuss this issue WiFi Keeps disconnecting occur due To incorrect/outdated Driver installation. Then As next solution to fix WiFi keeps disconnecting look on The Installed WiFi Adapter Driver. Make sure you have installed the latest version WiFi Adapter Driver.
Update Driver on Windows 10
- Press Windows +x and select Device Manager
- On the Device Manager Screen, click on Network Adapters to expand the entry.
- Right-click on the WiFi Adapter, then click on Update Driver Software option in the contextual menu.
Tip: In case you see too many entries, look for something that says Network or 802.11b or has WiFi in it.
- Now On the next screen, click on Search Automatically for Updated Driver Software.
- Your Computer will start searching for the Latest Driver Software for the WiFi Adapter on your computer.
- It will either inform you that your computer already has the latest Driver Software installed or come up with the Latest Driver software that you can install.
Reinstall WiFi driver on windows 10
- You Can also Visit Laptop Manufacturer Website and download the latest Available WiFi Driver.
- Then open Device Manager Right click on Installed WiFi Adapter driver and click uninstall.
- Next Restart your laptop to completely remove the old driver files,
- Now Install the latest driver software which you download from the manufacturer website.
- check WiFi Working properly without getting disconnected.
Check Power Management Issues
As mentioned above, it is quite possible that your computer is automatically turning OFF its WiFi Adapter in order to conserve power. Since this power saving feature appears to be interfering with your WiFi Network, you are quite justified in Turning OFF this feature.
- First Press Windows Key + R, then type devmgmt.msc and hit Enter.
- Expand Network adapters then right-click on your installed network adapter and select Properties.
- Then navigate to Power Management Tab and uncheck “Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power.“
- Click Ok and close the Device Manager.
- Now Again press Windows Key + I to open Settings then Click System > Power & Sleep.
- On the bottom click Additional power settings
- This will open the power options window
- here click “Change plan settings” next to the power plan which you use.
- At the bottom click on “Change advanced power settings.“
- Here Expand Wireless Adapter Settings, then again expand Power Saving Mode.
- Next, you will see two modes, ‘On battery’ and ‘Plugged in.’
- Change both of them to Maximum Performance.
- Click Apply followed by OK and Reboot your Windows to save changes.
- This would help to resolve WiFi keeps disconnecting issue.
Reset TCP/IP to Fix Wi-Fi Disconnecting Issue
Also, Reset the TCP/IP will Fix Different Networking issues include WiFi keeps disconnecting on your desktop or laptop. You could try to reset TCP/IP by the following below
- First Open the Command Prompt and Run as Administrator.
- Next At the Command Prompt, enter the following command and then press Enter To Execute the command.
netsh int tcp set heuristics disabled
netsh int tcp set global autotuninglevel=disabled
netsh int tcp set global rss=enabled
- After Perform All Three commands Simply close the Command prompt window and Reboot your computer.
- When windows Restart Now connect to your WiFi Network And check This Time its working perfectly.
Perform System Restore
If all Above method fails to fix WiFi keeps disconnecting Issue on your laptop then, now Its time to utilize the System Restore Feature. This will revert back your windows to the previous working state where windows working normally. you can check How to perform System Restore on Windows 10 here.
These are some Best Working solutions to fix WiFi keeps disconnecting issue on windows 10, 8.1 and Windows 7 computers. I hope After perform this your problem will get solved. Still, Have any query suggestion feel Free to comment below. Also, read From our blog