How to Update Network Drivers in Windows 11/10 (3 Official ways)
You can update Network Adapter Driver on windows 11 through Windows Update, Device Manager, or by downloading from the manufacturer's website
A device driver is software that enables an operating system to communicate with and control specific hardware, like printers or graphics cards, allowing them to work together effectively. Network Adapter Driver for Windows 11 enables communication with and manage network hardware such as Ethernet or Wi-Fi adapters. An Outdated network driver can cause reduced performance, compatibility problems, connectivity issues, and security risks. Updating the network driver can help resolve these issues. Here is How to Update Network Drivers in Windows 11.
Post Contents :-
Update Network Drivers in Windows 11
You can update network drivers in Windows 11 through “Settings” > “Update & Security” for automatic updates, or by using “Device Manager” for manual updates. Additionally, you can download drivers directly from the manufacturer’s site for specific and tailored updates.
Using Device Manager
Device Manager is a built-in Windows tool that allows you to manage and update drivers for various hardware components, including network adapters. By following these steps, you can manually search for and install updated network drivers to ensure your network connection functions optimally.
- Right-click the Windows icon in the taskbar and select “Device Manager.”
- In Device Manager, expand the “Network adapters” category.
- Right-click on your network adapter, then select “Update driver.”
- Choose “Search automatically for updated driver software” for Windows to search and install updates from the internet.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the update process.
If Windows 11 is able to find any pending driver updates, click on it to update network drivers in Windows 11.
Windows 11 Update Service
Windows 11 Update is a built-in feature that helps keep your operating system and hardware drivers up to date. It ensures your system has the latest improvements, security patches, and compatible drivers, including those for your network adapter. It’s recommended to keep your system up-to-date to get the best out of your Windows 11 experience.
Network driver updates are categorized under “Optional Updates”
- Click on the Windows icon in the taskbar or press the Windows key then Select “Settings
- Click on “Windows Update” in the left sidebar, and check for updates to download and install the latest updates.
- Next, select Advanced options, then Optional Updates to search for your Network Adapter.
If the Optional Updates show any Drivers or Updates, then download or update by clicking on the relevant buttons and checkboxes. This will have the effect of updating your Network Adapter’s drivers.
Update Network Drivers Manually
You can also update network drivers in Windows 11 by downloading the updates manually from the manufacturer’s website. This method ensures that you have the latest and most compatible driver for your device, potentially improving performance and resolving compatibility issues. It’s especially useful when automatic updates are not available or if you want to ensure you have the latest driver directly from the source.
- Identify your device and its manufacturer.
- Visit the official website of the manufacturer.
- Locate the “Support” or “Drivers” section.
- Search for your specific device model or serial number.
- Download the latest driver compatible with your operating system.
- Run the downloaded file and follow the on-screen instructions for installation.
After going through the relevant instructions and consequently, you will have an updated Network Adapter Driver for Windows 11.
Also, you can use third-party driver update software like Driver Easy, and IObit Driver Booster for updating Windows 11 drivers for network adapters and other devices.
What is a Network Adapter Driver?
- A network adapter driver is software that enables the communication between your computer and network hardware, allowing it to connect to networks and Internet.
How Do I Update My Network Adapter Driver?
- You can update it through Windows Update, Device Manager, or by downloading from the manufacturer’s website.
Why Should I Keep My Network Adapter Driver Updated?
- Updated drivers enhance performance, security, and compatibility with new technologies and networks.
What Should I Do If My Network Adapter Driver is Causing Problems?
- Try reinstalling or updating the driver. If issues persist, consider seeking help from the manufacturer or a tech expert.
Can I Use Third-Party Tools to Update My Network Adapter Driver?
- It’s generally recommended to use official sources like Windows Update or the manufacturer’s website to update drivers, rather than third-party tools.