If you have experienced any Problems, Issues After downloading and installing the major windows 10 October 2020 update, And looking for way to revert back to previous windows. You are on the right place, Here we covered How to uninstall Windows 10 20H2 Update and revert back to Windows 10 2004 to fix different issues which started after a recent upgrade.
Means If after installing the windows 10 October 2020 update version 20H2 you are facing problems and issues with it, you can uninstall it and go back or rollback to the previous Windows 10 version 2004.
Uninstall Windows 10 20H2 Update
If your device has been upgraded using Windows Update, Update Assistant, or you use the Media Creation Tool to do an in-place upgrade, you can Rollback/uninstall Windows 10 20H2 update using the recovery options.
Note: It is only possible to uninstall Windows 10 October 2020 update only if you have not deleted the Windows.old folder. If you already deleted it, then the only option available for you will be to perform a clean install of the previous operating system.
Downgrade Windows 10 20H2 to 2004
Bear in mind, if you do revert to a previous build you may need to reinstall some apps and programs, and you will lose any changes you made to Settings after installing the October 2020 update version. You’ll also be advised to back up your files as a precaution.
Windows 10 automatically saves a copy of the previous version on the C:\ drive, on a folder called Windows.old, on every upgrade in case the installation fails and rollback is necessary.
To uninstall windows 10 version 20H2
- Press Windows key + R to open Windows Settings app,
- Click on Update & Security, then Recovery on the left
- Now click on Get started under ‘Go back to the previous version of Windows 10.
When you click on Get Started, Under Go Back to the previous version of Windows 10. This will prompt why you are going back to the previous build, With Options Bellow.
- My apps or devices don’t work on this build
- Earlier builds seemed easier to use
- Earlier builds seemed faster
- Earlier builds seemed more reliable
- For another reason
- Answer the question by Select preferred Answer or Select for another Reason (also There is opt to tell Microsoft more about your reasons if you wish ) and click Next to continue.
- When you click on next Windows 10 will prompt you the chance to check for updates in case that a new update is available to fix the current issue you’re having.
- If you’ve decided to roll back, click No, thanks to continue.
- On Next Screen Read What you need to know carefully, This will instruct you After going back you need to reinstall some apps, programs.
- Also, lose any changes you have made after upgrade to windows 10 20H2 update.
- After reading this Carefully click next to proceed one more step to Uninstall Windows 10 20H2.
- When you click on next this will prompt Don’t get locked out, Means that you’ll need the password you used to sign in to your previous version of Windows 10.
- Click Next to continue.
- That’s All Windows Will prompt thanked for trying out this build.
- Click Go back to earlier build to begin the Windows 10 20H2 update uninstall process.
- And the setup will take over and roll back your PC to the previous version of Windows 10.
Once you have done this, you may want to defer installing Windows Updates on your Windows 10, To Delay Windows New update installation for some days.
Alternately you can access Windows Advanced Options and Select go back to the previous Build Option To Roll Back / uninstall Windows 10 October 2020 Update.
I hope this post help to easily get rid of Windows 10 October 2020 Update v20H2 Bugs. Still, have any query, Suggestion About this post feel free to comment below. Also, Read