Suddenly Windows 10 network and Internet connection get disconnected? Network symbol on System tray showing a yellow tingle with an error like Unidentified network – No Internet access? This is probably because your PC does not have a valid IP address to connect to the Network and internet. And that mostly happens because of the incompatible driver for the WiFi ethernet adapter. Again incorrect network configuration also causes this problem. If you are also struggling with a similar problem, here apply solutions below to fix unidentified network no internet access windows 10 WiFi and Ethernet.
Windows 10 unidentified network
- Let’s first restart all network devices include your PC and Laptop. This will fix the problem if a temporary glitch causing the problem.
- Temporarily disable Antivirus software and remove VPN, If configured.
- Perform a clean boot and check if you are connected to the network and internet. If the answer is yes, then there is any startup service conflict causing the problem.
Run The Network Troubleshooter
Windows have an inbuilt Network Troubleshooting tool to fix network problems. This tool can fix most of the network and internet-related problems. We Recommend first Run this Troubleshooting tool let windows to find the problem and fix itself.
- On start, menu search and type Troubleshoot settings and select it on the Top.
- scroll down and select the network adapter option,
- Then click run the troubleshooter, to allow windows to detect and fix the problem.
- This will Reset the local area network, check the registry, system files for network and internet connection errors.
- If found any error this will try to fix itself.
- Restart windows after completing the process and check the problem is fixed.
Switch To DHCP and Google DNS
If your system is on a local area network where a number of computers are connected. There may be a chance for IP address confliction. If by mastic the same IP address assigns two computers on the same network. There will start IP conflict and you will face this unidentified network No Internet access problem. For this cause, you have to check and change the IP address or switch to obtain an IP address automatically from DHCP.
Assign Ip Address Manually
- Press Windows key + R this will open run windows.
- Now type command ncpa.cpl and hit enter key to open network and sharing center.
- You can simply right-click on the network adapter select open network and sharing center.
- Click on the Change Adapter setting.
- Here you will see all network adapters.
- First, disable other network connections by right click and disable.
- Now select the active network connection, (which having an unidentified network problem)
- Right-click on it and click on properties.
- Select Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) from the list then select properties.
- Now select the radio button that assigns an IP address and DNS automatically.
- Still problem not solved? follow the same steps and this time select the radio button Use the following DNS server address.
- And assign preferred DNS server 188.8.131.52 and alternate DNS server 184.108.40.206
- Also, you can use open DNS 220.127.116.11 and alternate DNS server 18.104.22.168
- That’s all Now click ok to save changes And check your problem solved network connected.
Update Network Adapter Driver
Sometimes Due to an outdated Network driver This issue happened. Mostly happen after an upgrade to Windows 10 1903, The network driver gets corrupted, not compatible with the current version of windows. It’s better to update your network Adapter or install the latest Driver software for the Installed Network adapter.
- Press Windows + x and select device manager,
- Here you see all installed Driver lists,
- Now on select and expand the Network Adapters,
- Next, select your network adapter, Right-click on it, and select Update software.
- Now select Search Automatically for updated driver software
- Wait for windows to download and install the latest driver for your system after that restart the system.
If windows didn’t get any New updates simply close this window. Now visit the device manufacturer website and download and install the latest driver for this device.
Reset Network settings to default
Here is another effective way to fix most of the Network & Internet connection problems. Open the command prompt as administrator, and perform commands below one by one.
- netsh winsock
- netsh int ip reset
- ipconfig /release
- ipconfig /renew
- ipconfig /flushdns
Make sure each command has been completed successfully – then reboot your PC as normal. Hopefully, this should sort out the problem
Did these solutions help to fix an unidentified network with no internet access on Windows 10? Let us know on the comments below, also read