If you found skype not working After upgrade to Windows 10 version 1903. Or as some other users report “Skype frequently and randomly stops responding and user have to close & re-open it again, sometimes cutting off video calls and things, which is rather annoying!” Here are some solutions you may apply to get back Skype working normally.
Apply Solutions below If you are using windows 10 building Skype app
- Press Windows + I to open Settings then Privacy.
- Go to Microphone and enable “Let apps use my Microphone,”
- Then go to Camera and enable “Let apps use my camera hardware.”
Reset the skype app to its default setup
- Again open settings using Windows + X keyboard shortcut
- Click on Apps then Apps & Features
- Scroll down and look for the skype app.
- Select and click on Advanced options as shown image below.
- When you click on Advanced options this will open a new window,
- here scroll down and look for the Reset option.
- When you click on it warns “this will delete apps data include singing details ” again click Reset.
Reinstall Skype app
If reset Skype didn’t fix the problem simply uninstall and reinstall the application
To do this again open settings
- Click Apps then Apps & Features
- click select skype then Advanced options and uninstall.
- After that Restart windows
- on the next start, open windows store search for skype and install the app.
- Now login with your credentials and check the skype app working properly without any problem or error.
Apply Solutions if you are using the Skype app desktop version
First of all Upgrade Skype to the latest version,
- To do this Open Skype.
- Click Help and then Check for updates.
Microsoft regularly rolled out security updates to fix bugs and errors, and may the latest windows update contains the bug fix which causing skype to stop responding. Open settings -> update & security -> windows update And check for updates.
If both options fail to fix Press Windows + R, type appwiz.cpl. This will open programs & features, Here right-click on the skype app and select uninstall. Restart windows and on the next login visit skype official page and download and install the latest Skype version.
Reset network configuration
Also, Open the command prompt as administrator and perform the command below to reset network configuration to make sure the network & internet connection not causing Skype to working properly
netsh winsock reset;
netsh int ip reset;
After that close the command prompt and restart windows. On the next login open skype and check there is no problem with the Skype app. Also, Read