If you notice install windows 10 may 2019 update PC is causing problems or performance is getting worse and worse. You can try troubleshooting steps listed here. But if still PC not perform well, That cause you can use Reset this PC option to refresh your Windows 10 PC without losing his personal files. This can also be a good method of troubleshooting – if a driver issue or other software bug is causing issues with your PC. A factory reset will quite often solve the issue, allowing you to carry on working without the expense and hassle of getting it repaired. Here’s how to use Reset this PC option to reset windows 10 without losing data and apps
Note: Using the refresh tool will remove all the apps that don’t come standard with the operating system. This means that apps included by your manufacturers, such as drivers, support apps, and other apps will be removed too.
Also Backup/note down your windows and office product key, Digital license, digitally downloaded content, and various other digital entitlement for certain applications.
Refresh Windows 10 from Settings menu
- Open the Windows settings Using the keyboard shortcut Windows + I,
- Then click on “Update and Security” then “Recovery”.
- Here Under “Reset this PC”, option Click on Get started as shown image below.
Afterward, you have the possibility to choose from two options. Microsoft describes the option as follows:
- If your PC is not working properly, it may be helpful to reset it. You can choose whether to keep or remove personal files and then reinstall Windows.
- Keep my files: Removes apps and settings, but keeps personal files.
- To refresh you choose the first option. This is called “keep my files“.
- Next screen this will display the list of third-party apps you have installed will be removed during the reset process.
- Its better note down all installed apps, you can install them later.
- When you click on next windows will Display Ready to Reset this PC.
- Read the notes carefully, Reset will: Remove all apps and programs ( which you manually installed after windows 10 installation or upgrade ). Default, prebuild apps will keep there.
- Also this will change windows settings back to their default settings.
- And this will Reinstall windows without removing your Personal files.
When you click on Reset this will Restart windows.
you just sit back and relax, let Windows do it’s things, after some time, you’ll be presented with a nice clean install or fresh install of Windows 10. Easy, right? Also read: