How to Remove activate windows 10 watermark permanently
Seeing Activate Windows 10 watermark in the corner of your desktop means copy of Windows is not genuine or expired. Here How To Remove Activate Windows 10 Watermark Easily without valid licence key
Are you getting the “Activate Windows- Go to settings to activate windows” watermark on your desktop? Or Looking for a way to remove activate windows watermark permanently from your desktop? This is because your windows 10 license has expired, and you have installed a free copy of Windows 10 that needs to activate. If you have a Windows 10 product key then you can activate it directly, to remove activate Windows watermark. But if you don’t have one, here is how to remove activate Windows 10 watermark without a product key.
Post Contents :-
Windows Activation What is it?
Let’s first understand the Windows activation. Installing a free copy of Windows 10 you might find it working fine but there are certain limitations of features. And to unlock the limitations you need to activate windows with a genuine windows key or digital license. When you buy a PC with built-in Windows 10, you will get the product key along with it. However, there is an option to get a digital license too from the Microsoft Official website using your account details and paying the price for the product.
Activation is the process of your specific computer and Windows installation being identified by Microsoft so they can verify that your License is legitimate.
Fix Windows 10 Activation problems
If you have a genuine windows 10 key but still you are getting Activate Windows 10 Watermark here are some of the tips that might help.
- Review your activation status, from Settings > Update & Security > Activation.
- If you have a product key then enter it to activate your windows 10.
Run the Windows activation troubleshooter
There is a build-in Windows Activation troubleshooter that might help reactivate Windows if you recently made a significant hardware change (such as replacing the motherboard) or reinstalled Windows.
- Head over to the Settings app using the keyboard shortcut Windows + I,
- Click on Update & Security then Activation
- Now click Troubleshoot.
- And follow on-screen instructions to fix the windows activation problem.
Remove the watermark by killing the process
With a simple notepad trick, you can easily remove Activate Windows 10 Watermark from your desktop. Let’s see how to do it.
First, open notepad on your PC You can do this by click on the start menu search type notepad and hit the enter key. Now on notepad type, the below commands :
taskkill /F /IM explorer.exe
- Now on notepad go to file and click “Save as”.
- Here select the location where you want to save the file.
- Then Change the save as type to All Files (*.*) and Give the file name as “ remove.bat”
- Now open the file location where you saved it.
- You will see a file as shown below the image.
- Right-click on the remove.bat file and click on “Run as administrator”
A command prompt will be opened and closed itself, Now restart your laptop or desktop. That’s all there is no more Activate windows watermark on your Desktop.
Registry Tweak to remove Activate windows watermark
- Open the Windows registry editor by Press Windows + R, type Regedit, and hit the enter key.
- Then expand HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop
- Double click on the value “PaintDesktopVersion” in the right-hand window.
- Change the value “1” to a “0” and click “OK to save changes.”
- Close the registry editor and any other programs and restart your computer.
Some people have reported that heading to Settings > System > Notifications & actions and disabling both Show me the Windows welcome experience… and Get tips, tricks, and suggestions… will disable the Windows 10 watermark after a restart.
This is the best tweak to remove activate windows watermark permanently from your Windows Desktop computer or laptop. I hope after applying this tweak you can easily remove activate Windows watermark. still, have any queries, suggestion feel free to comment below. Also, read