No Audio sound from your laptop’s speaker is a common problem, especially after the recent Windows 10 update, a number of users report no sound from their system speaker. And the common reason for this issue is the Corrupted, Incompatible Audio Driver. Some other reasons such as Windows 10 November Update changed the privacy settings for your mic so that apps that previously had access to it no longer did and cause mic not working. If you are also having issues no Audio Sound from your windows computer, Here are some solutions you may try to apply.
Post Contents :-
Fix Audio Issues in Windows 10
- First, check out your speakers and headphone connections and see if some audio cable is loose or connected to the wrong jack.
- Now check your volume levels from the audio icon and don’t forget to check the volume levels of your external speakers.
- Sometimes your external speakers might be the reason why you are reading this how to fix audio issues in Windows 10 article. Don’t forget to check them with the device other than your Windows 10 PC.
Also, check and make sure Windows audio and its related services running state.
- Open Windows services console using services.msc
- Scroll down and locate Windows audio and AudioEndpointbuildert service
- Check both services are started and running.
- If not start the service and change its startup type automatic.
Apply if microphone not working after Windows 10 update
- Open the Settings app from the start menu
- Go to Privacy then click on Microphone.
- Ensure that the toggle switch under Allows apps to access your microphone is enabled on the right.
In the list below, you can control microphone access for certain apps individually. Every listed app has its own toggle option which you can enable or disable. Enable it for Skype or other apps which have issues with accessing your microphone, You are done.
Run Audio Troubleshooter
Also, Run build in windows audio troubleshooter that automatically detects and fixes the problems causing audio sound problems on windows 10.
- Use Windows + X keyboard shortcut and select settings
- Click on Update & security then troubleshooting,
- on the Right-hand side locate and select playing audio
- Click run the troubleshooter as shown image below.
- This will check and fix if any problem causing to stop windows sounds.
Roll Back or Re-Install Audio Drivers
As discussed before corrupted, incompatible audio driver mostly causes no audio sound problems, Especially after recent windows 10 Upgrade. That causes Rollback or Reinstall the audio driver with the latest version is a very helpful solution.
- First of all, try the Roll Back Driver option to do this
- Right-click the Start button, select Device Manager.
- Expand Sound, video and game controllers,
- Right-click on Realtek High Definition Audio and select properties.
- Here move to Driver Tab and select the option Roll Back Driver option.
This will Ask for the Reason why you are rollback the driver select any reason and follow on-screen instructions to Rollback the currently installed driver. After that Restart windows and Check Audio Sound Worked? If not try to reinstall the audio driver by following the steps below.
Reinstall Audio driver
Visit the Device manufacturer website and download the latest Available audio Driver and save it. (If you are desktop user simply visit motherboard manufacturer website, Or laptop user visit HP, Dell, Acer etc website to download the latest available Driver.)
Now when you ready with the latest driver, follow steps below to uninstall and reinstall audio driver with the latest version.
- Again open Device manager,
- Expand Sound, video and game controllers,
- Right click on Realtek High Definition Audio and select uninstall.
- Confirm the deletion message and restart windows.
Next time when windows start to install the latest audio driver, which you previously downloaded from device manufacturer website. Again restart windows and check Audio sound started workings.
Check Default Device
Right-click the speaker icon in the System Tray and select Sounds. Go to the Playback tab, and make sure your default device is set. If all the listed devices are disabled, enable them and then set a default device. Repeat these steps for the Recording tab.
Did these solutions help to fix audio, sound problems on windows 10? Let us know on the comments below.