Sometimes in Windows 10/8.1/7 volume gets muted automatically. And when you click over the sound icon it displays “No Audio Output Device is installed”. Especially After Windows 1903 upgrade number of users found a recurring problem with sound no audio output device is installed. And corrupted, or incompatible audio driver software probably causes the problem. If you are also struggling from this error here some solutions to apply.
Post Contents :-
Restart Windows Audio Service
- Press Windows + R, type services.msc and ok to open services console,
- Scroll down and look for Windows audio service,
- Right click on Windows audio service and select restart,
- Also, check and make sure its startup type is set to automatic
- Do the same process for Windows audio endpoint service.
- Now check if the problem solved.
Use The Windows Audio Troubleshooter
Follow these steps to start Audio Troubleshooter.
- Right click on the Speaker Icon, a pop up will appear.
- Click Troubleshoot sound problems.
- The audio troubleshooter will look for the issues
- It should try automatically fix the problem if no display the results once the diagnose is completed.
- Play any audio file to check for sound.
- If there is sound your issue is resolved.
- Otherwise, click Explore additional options and proceed accordingly.
Update or install generic audio Driver
If you face the Audio issue After upgrade to Windows 10. you can try to simply roll it back to the last good configuration.
- Right-click the Start button, select Device Manager,
- Right-click your sound driver, select Properties,
- Browse to the Driver tab.
- Press the Roll Back Driver option if available,
- and Windows 10 will begin the process.
Reinstall audio driver
- Open Device Manager, using devmemt.msc and ok
- Right-click the audio driver, and select Uninstall.
- Restart your device and Windows will attempt to reinstall the driver.
- And if that didn’t work, try using the generic audio driver that comes with Windows.
- Again on Device Manager, right-click your audio driver
- select Update driver software
- Browse my computer for driver software
- Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer.
- Select High Definition Audio Device, select Next and follow the instructions to install it.
After Install once Restart windows and check problem fixedThat’s it. Your computer speakers should now be able to play sound normally. If the sound is still not working, then try downloading and installing the latest sound card drivers for Windows 10 from the manufacturer’s website.
Change the bit rate in Play Back Devices
- Right-click the sound icon in the taskbar, at the bottom right of the screen.
- Select Playback Devices from the menu.
- Choose the current playback device (by-default, it’s set to speakers).
- And double-click on it to open its properties.
- Now Go to Advanced tab and change the bit rate to either, 24bit/44100 Hz or 24bit/192000Hz, depending on your speaker configuration.
- After this check the sound issues resolved on your Windows 10 computer.
Change Different Sound Card
If you still have a problem even after trying windows reinstallation then its 100% a hardware fault. Try with a new sound card to your system and check. This time your problem get solved.
These Are some best Tips to Fix no audio output device is installed windows 10 problem. Share your experience about this post, and let us know which step worked for you. Also Read