It’s no longer uncommon for Windows 11 users to experience errors when using the Microsoft Store. Sometimes the Microsoft Store won’t launch and other times, the Microsoft Store also struggles to download and update apps and games. Well, here in this article we have some tips for you on how to fix the Microsoft Store that won’t download or install games on windows 11. For those who are already curious, just check the full details below.
Post Contents :-
Can’t install Games from the Microsoft Store
There are many reasons why you Can’t download or install Games from the Microsoft Store. This can be caused by your antivirus, due to third-party applications again Microsoft Store isn’t working because there’s a server issue.
It’s possible that the Microsoft store cache is damaged that prevents install games on windows 11, so you’ll need to recreate it.
Again for a few uses, games get stuck while downloading on the Microsoft store. If this happens, reset Window Update components and try again.
Well, whatever the reason, if the Microsoft store not installing apps or Can’t install games from the Microsoft Store on windows 11, don’t worry apply the solutions listed below to fix it.
Re-login Microsoft Store
You may not be able to download the game due to a temporary bug or an error in the Microsoft Store app. And the quickest way to fix the Microsoft store problem is simply sign out from the Microsoft store, close and reopen it then sign in again.
For those who don’t know how to do it then follow the steps below:
- In the Microsoft Store, click the user icon in the upper right corner and Select the Sign out option from there.
- Next, open Task Manager using the ctrl + Shift + Esc key and end the Microsoft Store process
- Now reopen the Microsoft Store and sign in with the previous account
- Please try to download a game or two if this method works for your problem.
* If the results are still the same, try using a different Microsoft account as well.
One of the first things you should do if the Microsoft Store isn’t downloading new games or updating existing ones is to temporarily disable your antivirus. This is because security programs often misdetects certain processes, resulting in certain games or applications being blocked.
The best thing to do in this case is to temporarily disable or uninstall the security or antivirus program. Once disabled, please download the required game and reactivate the program.
If you don’t want to disable the security program completely, you can also pause certain processes such as the firewall — this applies to Windows Defender. You can try disabling Windows Defender temporarily and see if that solves your problem.
In addition, if you are connected to VPN server we recommend disconnect it and try to download the game from the Microsoft store again.
Restart Windows Update Service
Windows Update Service handles the installation of new programs and other updates on the system. If this service does not work properly or stuck running, it may also cause problems like the one you are experiencing right now.
Let’s check and restart the windows update service following the steps below.
- Press Windows key + R, type services.msc and click ok to open the windows service console window.
- Scroll down and look for windows update service, right-click on it select restart,
Note- if the service is not started then double click on it to open its properties, change the startup type automatic and start the service next to service status.
- Click apply and ok, now open the Microsoft store and try to download or install a game on your device.
Clear Microsoft Store cache
If the problem persists, try clearing the Microsoft Store cache there may be a malfunction that is preventing you from installing new programs and files. For those who don’t know how, please follow these steps:
- Press Windows key + R, type wsreset.exe and click ok
- After that, the Command Prompt will run the process for a few seconds.
- When finished, try to download the game you want again.
Run Windows Store troubleshooter
Another solution that you can try to solve this problem is to run the Windows Store troubleshooter which is designed by Microsoft to scan for Microsoft Store related problems and fix them automatically.
If the Microsoft Store app isn’t working, you can run the troubleshooter to detect and fix issues.
- Press Windows key + I to Open windows settings
- Go to system the troubleshoot, and click on other troubleshooters,
- Now scroll down and locate windows store, select it then click on run.
This will start scanning for problems with the windows store, clear cache check its related services and more if found something wrong there the troubleshooter automatically try to resolve them or inform you regarding the problem.
Once the troubleshooting completes reboot your system and try again to download a game from the Microsoft store.
In addition to the troubleshooters above, you can also try running System File Checker (SFC) and Deployment Image Servicing and Management (DISM). The good thing about these utilities is that they not only identify problems but also attempt to fix them without requiring user input.
After you have run all the system scans, double check if the problem you are experiencing is fixed. If it still persists, continue with the next method below.
Install the latest windows updates
Microsoft regularly releases windows updates with recent bug fixes and security enhancements. And install the latest windows updates may have but fix for Microsoft store problem on windows 11.
- Press windows key + x and select settings
- Go to windows update then hit the check for updates button,
- If new updates are available there allow them to download and install on your device.
- And finally, you need to reboot your computer to apply the changes,
- Once done open the Microsoft store and try to download a game or app.
Check storage space
Perhaps, the cause of this problem is not something complicated, but rather the problem of insufficient storage in your Windows. The solution is very simple, because all you need to do is change your storage settings or delete some programs or files that you may no longer use.
- Press Win + I to open Settings.
- Select System > Storage .
- Pilih opsi Change where new content is saved.
- Change the New apps will save to option according to the drive of your choice.
Reset Microsoft store
If all the above methods fail to fix the problem, then let’s try to repair or reset the Microsoft store its default settings. This is very effective if a game is stuck downloading on the Microsoft store.
- First Right-click on the windows 11 start menu then select Apps and features,
- This will display a list of installed apps on your device, scroll down and locate the Microsoft store,
- Click the three-dot menu next to it and select Advanced options.
And here you will get the option to repair or reset the Microsoft store app on windows 11.
A reset will delete the app’s data, while a repair will trigger a repair attempt without losing data.
First try the repair option, if this didn’t fix the problem then go for the reset Microsoft store option.
Once done reboot your system and check if this help fixes the Microsoft store app or game downlaod problem on windows 11.
In addition, if the Game or app is downlaod stuck on the Microsoft store, we recommend reset windows update components following this article and try to download the game again.
Did the above solution help fix cant downlaod games on the Microsoft store? let us know in the comments below.
- Windows 10 crashes while playing Games? Let’s Optimize it for better performance
- How to protect personal data when browsing from public Wi-Fi
- Microsoft store app missing windows 10? Here is how to get it back
- Start Windows 11 PC or laptop quickly with these 5 tips
- Tips for Choosing a free VPN with the best features