Experiencing issue with Machine Check Exception Windows Freeze and BSOD and the system is not rebooting giving error message: “your computer has run into a problem. Gathering information and we will restart it for you 0% gathered. For more information research Machine Check Exception” stop code 0x0000009C.
MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION stop code 0x0000009C mostly Occur Due To Faulty Hardware Or corrupted Software installation. And most probably cause after install new device such as a printer, scanner etc. Whatever the reason, here apply solutions below to fix machine check exception windows 10.
Machine check exception windows 10
First Check if any Hardware device causing the problem. To check this shut down your windows remove all attached devices include keyboard and mouse. Now press the power button for 30 Sec. Now only attach power code, VGA cable, keyboard and mouse and check windows started normally.
If you are Laptop Users simply Showdown windows, Remove battery then press and hold power button for 30 Sec. Now normally attach the battery And try to start windows normally.
Sometimes, Your PC or laptops fans may be stuck due to dust. In that case, Your PC may become overheated. Then, Any user may face this BSOD.
You can open your CPU and then switch the power button ON and see if the fans are OK. Sometimes, You may find that fans are very slow or stuck. In that case, You will need to clean them or replace with new one. After doing it, You should not face “MACHINE CHECK EXCEPTION” again.
Clean RAM Or Graphic Card slots
Also Some Times Due to Dust on RAM and Graphic Card slots you may face No Screen or Different Blue Screen Errors on your windows computer.
Remove Installed RAM, Graphic Card (if installed) and clean the slots with a soft cloth and attach the memory/Graphic as it is. Also, Check SATA Cable And Power Cable Is attached properly on Hard Disk Drive.
This error can also be caused by an overloaded internal or external power supply, in which case the solution to the problem would be to upgrade the power supply that is being overloaded.
After performing Above Steps now Close your Computer Cabinet Attach only power cable, VGA cable with keyboard & mouse Lets Turn on your Computer Started Normally Great. If still Getting the same problem Then we need to look at software issues.
Note: Due to this machine check exception BSOD windows 10 fails to start normally we recommend to boot into safe mode to perform feature solutions.
Install Latest Windows updates
Microsoft regularly pause windows updates with latest bug fixes and security improvements. Check for and install latest windows updates that may have a bug fix for machine check exception windows 10.
- Open settings app using Keyboard shortcut Windows + I
- Click on Update & security than Windows update,
- Now hit the check for updates button and let windows download latest updates if available.
- Finally, restart windows to apply the updates.
Update the Display driver
- Press Windows + R, type devmgmt.msc and then click OK.
- This will open Device Manager and display all installed device driver list
- In Device Manager expand Display adapters.
- Right-click the display driver and click Update Driver Software.
- Select Search Automatically for Updated Driver Software.
- This will automatically check and install if the latest driver updates available there.
Reinstall the Display driver
If the issue persists, uninstall and reinstall the Display driver.
- Open Device Manager.
- Expand Display adapters.
- Right-click the display card driver and click Uninstall.
- Windows will prompt you to confirm the device’s removal. Click OK to remove the driver.
- After the uninstallation is complete, reboot your computer as soon as possible.
On next start, the computer will load the generic display drivers. Now, go to the manufacturer’s website, download and install the compatible display card drivers for your computer and check.
Run SFC Tool
Corrupted missing system files also cause different blue screen errors include machine check exception on windows 10. Run the build system file checker utility that helps with detect and restore missing files with correct one.
- Open Command prompt as administrator
- Type command sfc /scannow and hit the enter key.
- This will start the scanning process for windows corrupt system files
- If found any this will restore them from a specific folder which located on C drive.
- Now, wait until 100% complete the scanning process.
- Also, you can check how to Run DISM command to repair corrupted windows.
- After that Restart windows And check problem fixed.
Run Memory Diagnostic tool
Again Memory Errors Can Cause Different Blue screen Errors. As we are trying to find out the solution for machine check exception BSOD Error We strongly Recommend to Run inbuilt Memory Diagnostic Tool Which helps to find out memory Errors.
To Run Memory diagnostic tool press Windows + R type mdsched.exe and hit enter key. This will open the memory diagnostic Tool. you will find two options there.
- Restart now and check for problems
- Check for problems the next time I start my computer
We recommend to save your working data and choose option 1 Restart now and check for problems. This will restart windows and check for memory errors. Wait until 100% complete the scanning process, after that windows will Restart itself. you can check memory Diagnostic Test result Details Here.
Perform System Restore
If after perform All the above methods still getting the same machine check exception blue screen Error? Then its time to use the windows system restore Feature. Which will transfer your PC’s environment in a previous stage when you had not faced this problem. You can Read How To perform System Restore on Windows 10 computer.
If you are unable to Access windows normally you can either perform a system restore on windows 10 safe mode or you can access windows Advanced options to perform a system restore.
Did these solutions help to fix machine check exception on windows 10? let us know on comments below, also read: