After upgrade to Windows 10 Fall Creators update Version 1709 the Login Screen appears twice while sign into the computer? Also, Some users report when they start the computer and sign in, the login screen may appear a second time, forcing the user to sign in again. And the issue occurred even when locking and unlocking the workstation.
A user at reddit.com wrote.
I use a PIN number to log on to my PC and since the Fall Creators Update, I need to enter the number twice. After the first PIN entry, I’m back at the lock/login screen. Any ideas?
Also some posts at Microsoft Answers forum are mentions this behavior. According to this MS Answers forum thread, this is a known issued in Windows 10 Fall Creators Update.
Post Contents :-
How to Fix Login Screen appears twice in Windows 10
This is A Windows update bug, Or sometimes corrupted system files, Virus malware infection cause this Login Screen appears twice issue on windows 10. If you are also having this issue Here some applicable solutions to get rid of the double login problem.
Disable “Use my sign-in info to automatically” setting
1. Open the Start menu and select the Settings app icon.
2. On the Settings app click to Accounts to go to the Accounts page.
3. In the left-hand column of the next page, select Sign-in options.
4. Turn off “Use my sign in info to automatically finish setting up my device after an update or restart” under the Privacy setting.
Afterward, the user login should work as usual by entering a password or a PIN only once.
Allow automatic login
If after Turn off “Use my sign-in info to automatically finish setting up my device after an update or restart option still windows Ask password Twice while login then Allow user account to login automatically by the following below.
Press Win + R, Type netplwiz.exe and hit the enter key. Here Un-check the option “Users must enter a username and password to use this computer”. When you click apply this will ask for password put the current windows user account password and OK, And Restart windows.
Again open user account dialogue box, this time again check mark on Require a Login box. Restart the PC and check your issue is solved.
Remove duplicate usernames
- Open RUN Dialogue box from the Start Menu, and enter netplwiz.
- If you found two different usernames with the same name
- Remove one of the users and you will be fine with the issue.
- Restart the windows and see if the issue is solved.
These are some most applicable solutions to fix Fix Login Screen appears twice in Windows 10 Fall Creators Update. Face any difficulty, Or having any other solution to this issue, do let us know in the comment section below. Also Read Fix MEMORY MANAGEMENT Error Windows 10