Did your Windows 10 laptop won’t wake up from sleep, or windows 10 stuck on resume from hibernation mode? Many Windows users reported that Windows 10 is stuck after sleep mode, and the Laptop won’t resume. If you are struggling with this problem here apply the solutions below to fix the laptop won’t start after the sleep mode problem.
Windows 10 sleep mode not waking up
To wake up from sleep mode or to Normally starting your Windows 10 PC first perform A power reset by following the steps below.
- First remove the Power code (Charging adapter) from the laptop, if connected.
- Now Remove The Battery and keep it aside.
- Now Press and hold the power button for 30 seconds or more.
- It will discharge the power completely.
- Now install the battery. Connect the Power code (Charging adapter) Charge the battery for some minutes.
- Now Turn on your laptop using the Power button I am sure your laptop should load as usual.
- Now Apply the solutions below to Prevent Windows 10
Run the Power-Troubleshooter
- Open Control Panel.
- Type “Troubleshooting” in the search bar and press “Enter”.
- In the “Troubleshooting” window, click on “View All” on the left pane.
- Click on “Power”.
- Now Click on “Advanced” and then click on “Run as Administrator”.
- Click “Next” and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the troubleshooting process.
Disable Fast startup option
May It could be a causing (windows 10 won’t come out of hibernation) due to the compatibility issue with the new Fast Startup feature. Simply Try to disable the New windows 10 Fast Startup Feature to make sure it could not cause the windows 10 hibernate problem.
- To-Do this open Control Panel / Power Options.
- Next On the Left side menu, select Choose what the power buttons do.
- Click on Change settings that are currently unavailable.
- Then scroll down to the Shutdown settings section.
- Here Remove the checkmark from the Turn on Fast Startup option and Select the Save Changes button.
- Shut Down the computer, wait a couple of minutes, and then use the Power Button to start the computer.
- Next time when your laptop goes to sleep mode Check its wakeup properly without any problem or stuck.
Reset Power plan to Default Settings
This is another simple solution that helps to fix windows 10 won’t wake from sleep
- To do this Open Control Panel and click on the Power Options icon.
- Next click on change plan settings (which power plan radio button is selected)
- Then click on Change advanced power settings.
- Select the option “Restore default settings for this plan”.
Update Display Driver
Windows 10 does not resume sleep mode, this issue may be related to a driver problem especially the Display Driver. Make sure the Installed display driver/Graphics driver is updated and compatible with the current windows version. You Can update/Reinstall Display Driver from Device manager or you can visit the device manufacturer for the latest available driver and install the same.
How to disable Sleep Mode or Hibernation
- To do this simply open Command Prompt with admin privileges.
- Then type the command powercfg -h off and hit the enter key to execute the command.
- It will disable hibernate on your PC.
And to disable sleep mode windows 10
- Open up Power Options in the Control Panel.
- Click Change plan settings next to your current power plan.
- Change “Put the computer to sleep” to never.
- Click “Save Changes”
Did this help to fix the laptop that won’t wake from sleep or hibernation on windows 10? Let us know on the comments below, also read:
- Laptop WiFi connection automatically disconnects in windows 10 1903
- Apply This 7 tips to Optimize windows 10 1903 performance (Boot faster)
- Windows 10 Stuck on Welcome Screen After login? Here how to fix
- Getting Windows ready Don’t turn off your computer Windows 10 Stuck
- How to Enable and use Nearby Sharing feature on Windows 10