If two or more different computers have assigned the same IP Address when they’re either on Local Area Network or on the web windows will Show IP Address conflict Error. The Full Message will be like :
Windows has detected an IP address conflict
Another computer on this network has the same IP address as this computer. Contact your network administrator for help resolving this issue. More details are available in the Windows System event log.
If you are also getting Windows has detected an IP address conflict error when connecting to a wireless network or through an Ethernet cable. Here we have different solutions apply to fix this issue. Before starting lets first understand What is IP address And why This IP Address conflict happens?
Post Contents :-
What is an IP address
IP (Internet Protocol) address is a unique address That your computer gets when it connects to a network. It’s the computer’s address and identity which is used to identify it among all the other computers and network devices.
For Example: When your computer, smartphone, or any other devices connect to a local network/ Wifi Network all the devices will get a unique IP address. The primary purpose of this is to provide a critical addressing technique to the network and its element. It is often used to distinguish each device on the same network as well as to communicate with each other.
Why IP Address Conflict?
On the local network, every device has a unique Identity (IP Address) to communicate with each other. But sometimes a few things don’t go the way they were designed because of malfunctions or wrong configurations. On the same Network If Two Devices Get the Same IP Address, you will Get the Windows Has Detected An IP Address Conflict Error.
Windows Has Detected An IP Address Conflict
Now let’s move to the troubleshooting part. Start with basic we recommend restart all network devices include your PC. Because some times Your router can be failing to assign the appropriate IP address to the connected device. This can be caused by a temporary glitch, but a simple reboot/power cycle will fix this.
Reset Network configuration
Again incorrect network configuration also causes an IP conflict. Let’s reset network configuration to its default and force your Windows PC to ask the DHCP server (modem/router) for a new IP address.
To do this Open Command prompt As Administrator and rune following commands one by one and hit enter key to execute the command.
- netsh int ip reset c:\resetlog.txt
- ipconfig /release
- ipconfig /flushdns
- ipconfig /renew
After that, reboot your Windows computer and test again if the error is still there or gone.
Obtain IP address Automatically
On your keyboard, hold down the Windows logo key, then press R to bring up the Run box.
- Type ncpa.cpl in the box and hit Enter to open Network Connections.
- Right-click on your active network adapter and choose Properties
- Double-click on Internet Protocol Version 4(TCP/IPv4).
- Then select the radio button Obtain an IP address automatically and Obtain DNS server address automatically.
- Click OK and close all the windows.
Assign IP Address Manually
If reset network configuration didn’t help then you can try manually assign IP address following steps below.
- Press Windows + R keyboard shortcut, type ncpa.cpl and hit the enter key.
- On Network connections window Right-click on the active network adapter and select properties.
- Here double-click on the “Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4)” option.
In the next step, configure your static IP following the details of your modem or router.
- IP address: This is the static IP of your computer that you want to assign. For example 192.168.1.111
- Subnet mask: The subnet mask often is 255.255.255.0
- Default gateway: This is the IP address of your router. It often is 192.168.1.1
Note: If the IP address of your modem/router is different, such as 192.168.0.1, then your static IP address needs to follow its form, for example, 192.168.0.111. Otherwise, your Windows computer won’t be able to connect to the network.
- Preferred DNS server: 220.127.116.11
- Alternative DNS server: 18.104.22.168
After you fill in all essential details, click on the “OK” button and then restart your computer. Check now problem solved, connected to network and internet without any problem.
Run Network Adapter Troubleshooting Tool
If after IP reset or manually Assign IP address to windows computer still getting Windows has detected an IP address conflict Error. Then you must check Network Adapter for Errors using windows inbuilt Network Adapter Troubleshooting tool and let windows to find out the solutions for it.
- Press Windows + I keyboard shortcut to open the settings app,
- Click on Update & security then troubleshoot
- On right-hand side located network adapter,
- Select network adapter, then click run the troubleshooter,
- This will start to diagnose problems related to the network adapter, reset the adapter check for outdated drivers and more.
- Once the troubleshooting process completes Restart your PC
Note : we strongly recommend after run this troubleshooting tool again perform IP release /renew and check problem solved or not.
Also, some windows users report disabling IPV6 will solve IP conflict Error for them. You can also try to disable IPv6 by following the steps below to get rid of this problem.
- Press Win + R, then Type ncpa.cpl and hit enter key.
- Select the active network Adapter, Right click on it and select properties.
- Here scroll down and look for internet protocol version 6 (TCP/IPv6)
- simply uncheck it and click ok to apply the changes.
Restart windows check Windows has detected an IP address conflict error solved on your Windows PC.
These are some best working solutions to fix Windows has detected an IP address conflict error, IP conflict Error on Windows 10 computers. I hope after apply these solutions your problem will get solved, still have any query suggestion Feel free to comment below.
- Chromecast not working after Windows 10 update 2019
- Install and Configure printer in Windows 10 version 1903
- Can’t connect to this network error on Windows 10 version 1903
- Solved : WiFi Connected But No Internet Access windows 10 !!! 
- Fix Diagnostics Policy Service is not running on windows 10, 8.1 and 7