With the Windows 10 April 2018 Update version 1803, Microsoft has introduced the possibility to download and install Fonts straight from the Microsoft Store. This will allow users to download them (Fonts) exactly the same way they download games and apps. Let’s see how to download and install fonts from the Microsoft Store.
Before the April 2018 Update, we have to download fonts from third-party websites and install them via Control Panel -> Fonts. But with Microsoft’s latest Windows 10 version 1803 you can follow steps below to download required fonts form Microsoft store and install them on Windows 10 PC.
Install Fonts in Windows 10
- Press Windows + I keyboard shortcut to open the Settings app
- Click on Personalization then Fonts
- Here you get list of available fonts that you can install quickly
- Also, there is a search option to search your required font
- Well If you need any extra font that now listed there then Select ‘Get more fonts in Microsoft Store’.
- This will open the Microsoft Store app,
- Search for that font you looking for,
- Once you’ve found a font that you like, select it
- Click the Get button to download the font and install it on your computer.
- After installation, the font will appear on the Fonts page under Settings.
Manage and uninstall fonts in Windows 10
When you Open Settings > Personalization > Fonts. you will find search bar which lets you search fonts by name. You will get an option to filter fonts language wise. Also, you can tap on any of the fonts to
- Change the size, and see a live preview of each font faces.
- Scroll a little, and you can choose the Font Face type you want to have on your PC.
- An uninstall button tells you exactly what it can do.
That’s all about the install, uninstall and manage fonts on Windows 10 PC. Did you already know that you can install fonts with the Windows 10 from the Microsoft Store?