Getting Inaccessible boot device at startup? Due To this Windows 10 inaccessible boot device error System frequently restart and is unable to start normally. Generally, this error (Bug Check 0x0000007b) indicates that the OS has lost access to the system’s data or boot partitions during the startup. If you are also struggling with form similar problem, here we have different solutions apply to Fix inaccessible boot devices on Windows 10.
Post Contents :-
Inaccessible boot device Windows 10
First of all, remove all external devices and restart windows, this will fix if any driver conflict causing the problem.
Some users have multiple hard disks on their PC. If you are one of them and facing inaccessible_boot_device error during startup. Then simply remove other harddisks from your PC. If you have connected any external hard disk, Remove it too. Now, See if the problem still exists.
Perform startup repair
If Due to this Blue Screen your system Didn’t Start normally or Restart continuously with Blue Screen error. Then you need to Access the Windows 10 Advanced Startup Options, where you get various troubleshooting tools to fix these startup problems.
Refer this video to the Access Advanced Startup option
Now when you access the Windows Advanced Startup options click on Startup Repair As Shown Bellow image.
This will restart the window start diagnosis process on your system.
During this diagnostic phase, Startup Repair will scan your system and analyze the various settings, configuration options, and system files as it looks for corrupt files or botched configuration settings.
If Startup Repair detects any of these types of problems, it will automatically attempt to fix them. Then after it will automatically Restart windows and start normally.
Fix boot problem
As discussed before the main reason behind this inaccessible boot device is, OS has lost access to the system’s data or boot partitions during the startup. It may be because the master boot record (MBR) file, Boot configuration data (BCD) file missing or get corrupted which may be causing the issue.
That cause simply opens the command prompt from Advanced options and performs commands below.
bootrec /fixmbr bootrec /fixboot bootrec /rebuildbcd bootrec /scanos
- These commands check and fix almost every Boot related problem,
- Also repair corrupted missing BCD, MBR files.
- Now type exit to close the command prompt and restart windows.
- Check on the next start system started normally.
Boot Windows into Safe Mode
Also, sometimes corrupted, Outdated, or incompatible display driver causes this inaccessible boot device windows 10 BSOD error. Some third-party applications, corrupted system files, Disk drive errors also cause this Blue screen error on windows 10, 8.1, and 7. That cause you need to boot into safe mode, Where windows start with minimum system requirements and allow you to perform troubleshooting steps. Read how to boot into safe mode on windows 10, 8.1.
Disable Fast startup
- Open control panel
- Search for and select Power Options
- Click on Choose what the power buttons do
- Next click Change Settings that are currently unavailable
- And here uncheck Turn on Fast Startup to disable the fast Startup options.
This will fix most of the Windows 10 Startup problems include BSOD error, Black screen error, etc. Read what is fast startup feature and why we need to disable this feature.
Run System file checker
Windows System file checker utility, which scans and restores missing corrupted system files.
- Open the command prompt as administrator,
- Then type sfc /scannow and hit the enter key.
- This will start the scanning process for missing, corrupted system files.
- If found any damages, missing system files the SFC utility automatically restores them from a compressed folder located on %WinDir%\System32\dllcache.
- Wait until 100% complete the scanning process, After that restart windows,
- Check if there is no more inaccessible boot device blue screen error.
Also if system file checker scanning results Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them, that cause you need to run the DISM tool which repairs the system image and allow SFC to do its job.
Check Hard Disk For Errors
Sometimes disk drive failure also causes inaccessible boot device, or OS lost access to the system’s data or boot partitions during the startup. We recommend check the disk drive for errors using CHKDSK command.
- To check disk drive errors open command prompt as administrator
- Type command chkdsk c: /r /f and hit the enter key.
- Then press Y to confirm to run the disk check on next restart,
- Close command prompt and restart windows.
This will start scanning the drive for errors if found any the chkdsk utility will repair them automatically. Wait until 100% complete the scanning process after that windows automatically restart and start normally.
Some Other solutions like Run the Memory Diagnostic tool to check memory errors that may be causing the Windows 10 inaccessible boot device BSOD error.
Also, perform System restore to revert system settings to the previous working state. This may also help to fix this inaccessible boot device BSOD error.
- [Fix] Antimalware service executable High CPU Disk usage Windows 10
- How To Re-install, Roll Back, Update Device Drivers in Windows 10/8/7
- Fix the disk structure is corrupted and unreadable windows 10
- How To Speed up Windows 10 May 2019 update Version 1903 !!!
- Fix windows 10 ntfs file system Blue Screen Error