Google Chrome Keeps Crashing? Here’s 7 solutions to Fix it
Despite the huge improvements in Microsoft Edge, Google Chrome is still the most popular browser out there. It is fast, reasonably secure and works well. But some of the users report Google Chrome Keeps Crashing, Some others report High CPU usage by Google Chrome. The Chrome browser became unstable at startup, Take time to load the home page. The reason may vary such as internet cache, browser extensions, chrome database corrupted and more. Well, try to uninstall and reinstall the Chrome browser as other peoples do and check if, this fixes the crash issues. Still need help here solutions help fix google chrome keeps crashing windows 10.
Post Contents :-
Issue: Google Chrome Keeps Crashing
Chrome keeps crashing on me. I can’t even open the suggestions page from Chrome without it crashing immediately.
Below solutions also Applicable to fix Google Chrome if it keeps crashing, freezes and stops working, or if it won’t start at all.
- Proxy error in Google Chrome:
- This webpage is not available:
It may be due to some malware or virus that creates this annoying situation for you. So, you need to install an antivirus/antimalware program to remove the crashing problem. Simply install a good antivirus with the latest updates and perform a full system scan. This will detect and kill every malware harming your system.
Also Disconnect from VPN, if configured.
Here a quick solution work for most of windows 10 user to fix chrome crashes or aw snap issue.
- Right-click on your Desktop shortcut of the Chrome browser and go to Properties
- Now move to Shortcut tab and click on the Target: field
- Type space at the end of the path in Target: filed and enter the following: –no-sandbox
- Click OK, and use that shortcut to launch Google Chrom
Clear Saved Data
Older browser history, cookies, the cache memory may be interrupting the loading of the page. Let’s clear them that probably optimize the browser performance.
- Go to Menu icon (…) at the top right corner of Google Chrome and click the “More Tools” option.
- It will show you “Clear Browsing data” that needs to be selected.
- Now a page will appear on the screen with some checkboxes.
- Check all the boxes to delete the entire history of Google Chrome.
- Refresh the page and then try to reload the page.
Remove extensions one-by-one
If you have installed a number of chrome extensions there are chances, one of them may interrupting the browser performance.
Let’s disable or remove chrome extensions and check if this helps to fix the issue.
- In the top address bar, type chrome://extensions.
- This will list all installed chrome extensions,
- Turn off the toggle to disable or click remove to completely delete the extension,
- Do the same with other extensions as well
- Now reload the browser check if this time browser performs well.
The nuclear option
Here another effective solution, reset the browser to its default state probably help with fixing problems slow down the web browser.
- Open chrome browser type chrome://settings on the address bar and hit the enter key,
- Scroll to the bottom and click “advanced”,
- Again scroll down and locate restore settings to their original defaults, click on it,
- Now Click reset, This will make Chrome “virgin”. It clears your cache, history, cookies, etc. It resets the default search engine, homepage, new tab page, etc, etc… Everything.
There may be an issue with the Chrome browser profile. Thus, it becomes unavoidable to uninstall Google Chrome from the installed programs and then re-install it.
Go to “Control Panel” and select “Uninstall a Program” under the “Programs” category.
It will show you the list of installed programs. Now select “Google Chrome” and click the “Uninstall” option that appears ahead. Now Download and install a fresh copy of Chrome, see if everything is working finely.
Disable Hardware Acceleration
It is very important for you to disable the hardware acceleration option because it can interrupt a straight connection of a website on Chrome.
- Go to “Settings” in the Chrome Browser
- Click the “Show Advanced Settings” option at the bottom of the page.
- In Advanced Settings, you need to look for a category “System” that usually lies at the bottom of the page.
- Uncheck “Use Hardware Acceleration when available” option.
Change Chrome Profile
When you rename the profiles folder, Chrome generates new profiles in no time and thus, the problem will not exist anymore.
- Close the web browser (If it’s running)
- Press Windows + R keyboard shortcut to open Run,
- Type %LOCALAPPDATA%\Google\Chrome\User Data\ and click ok,
- Here on the User Data folder look for the folder named Default,
- Right-click on it and rename it to default bkp.
That’s all, next time when you open the web browser Chrome will create a new profile in no time and thus, you would be able to open your desired pages without any more crashing.
Run System File Checker
Again sometimes corrupted system files cause chrome browser unstable. Run the System file checker utility to make sure corrupted, missing system files not causing the issue.
These are some most applicable solutions to fix google chrome browser problems. Such as Google chrome keeps crashing, chrome browser not responding, chrome browser not opening, High CPU usage by google chrome etc. Have any query, suggestion feel free to discuss in the comments below.