Microsoft regularly releases cumulative updates with bug fixes and security improvements to secure its product. And install Windows updates to ensure your device is secure with the latest Microsoft patch. However, at times you may get stuck failure configuring windows updates reverting changes while apply windows 11 updates. Users report when they restart the device to apply change its stuck Failure To Configuring Windows Updates Reverting Changes. This particular problem usually occurs because some Windows updates are not installed correctly, or fail to apply for several reasons include security software, corrupt system files or third-party software conflict.
Post Contents :-
Windows update failed to install reverting changes
If you are also having a similar problem with Windows update stuck Reverting changes here apply the solutions below.
- The first thing we recommend wait a few more minutes and let Windows revert that changes have made with the updates.
- But if you have wait hours there are no changes, let’s forcefully restart Windows.
- Now first Disable security software (antivirus) if installed
- Disconnect all external devices connected to your PC,
- Check and make sure the Windows installed drive (basically its C) have free space.
- If due to this problem windows won’t start normally we recommend Boot into safe mode and apply the solutions below.
Run Windows Update troubleshooter
Let’s run the build in Windows update troubleshooter, this will detect and fix the problems that prevent Windows updates from installing on your device.
- Press Windows + I to open the settings app,
- click update & security, then troubleshoot,
- here on the right-hand side select Windows Update,
- And click run the troubleshooter,
- This will detect the problems prevent Windows update install
Reset Windows update components
- Press Windows + R, type services.msc and ok to open the services console,
- Look for Windows update service right click and select stop,
- Again look for BITs And superfetch service, Right click and select stop,
- Note: if you are on safe mode, then no need to stop these services as these services not start in safe mode boot.
- Now press Windows + E to Open windows Explorer
- Then navigate C: > Windows > Software Distribution > Download
- Delete everything inside this download folder, Don’t delete the download folder.
- To do this press Ctrl + A to select all and press del key to delete them.
Don’t worry about these files, These are update cache files, On next time when you check for updates windows update download as fresh files.
- Now again open Windows service console,
- And restart the services, we have previously stopped,
- To do this right click on update service and select restart.
Run DISM restore health command
- Also open the command prompt as administrator,
- Then run DISM restore health command below
- DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
- Let the process complete 100%
- Now run the command sfc /scannow and press the enter key,
- This will detect and restore missing corrupt system files,
- Restart windows after complete the scanning process.
- That’s all, again open settings, update & security then check for updates.
- Let Windows download and install the update files,
Restart Windows to apply the updates check if there is no more problem applying these update.
Did these solutions help to fix failure configuring Windows update reverting changes on Windows 10? Let us know on the comments below, also read