Sometimes you may come to a situation while trying open an application it failed to open throwing up instead an error message the application was unable to start correctly 0xc00007b. Especially users report getting error 0xc00007b while open or install a game. And It prevents the application from starting. There is a number of reasons behind this error 0xc00007b Such as installed application corrupted, incompatible with the current windows version, its dll files missing or you are trying to run an application that is designed to run on the 64-bit operating system but your computer is running on a 32-bit Windows. As The 64-bit application won’t be able to hold on a 32-bit dll, so this incompatibility brings the error.
Post Contents :-
The application was Unable to Start Correctly
If you are also struggling from this error 0xc000007b, Here apply the solutions below.
- Before applying any solution The first thing to try is restarting Windows. Sounds too good to be true, but it sometimes yields results.
- You can also try re-installing the game or program you’re trying to run – simple but sometimes very effective.
Perform clean boot
- Perform windows clean boot and run the application, if there is no more error 0xc000007b.
- Type ‘msconfig’ into the Search Windows box and enter.
- Click the Services tab then check the ‘Hide all Microsoft services’ checkbox and then Disable all.
- Navigate to the Startup tab, select ‘Open Task Manager’ and disable all services with Status Enabled.
- Close Task Manager and select OK back in msconfig. This should reboot your device.
- Read how to determine problems on Clean boot
Microsoft regularly releases security updates with a number of bug fixes, and may the latest windows update contains the bug fix for error 0xc000007b. In many cases, Windows 10 will automatically update, but to check
- Open Settings using keyboard shortcut Windows + I
- Click on update & security than windows update,
- Now click on the check for updates button,
- Let windows download and install the latest updates if available,
- Restart windows to apply the changes and check this time. If there is no more error 0xc000007b
Run the application on compatibility mode
- Right-click the application you want to launch and choose the Properties from the context menu.
- In the popup window, you need to go to the Compatibility tab
- check Run this program as an administrator.
- After that, you can try to run the application again and check whether the issue the application was unable to start correctly will occur again.
Reinstall net framework
.NET Framework is a software framework developed by Microsoft which supports applications using .NET technologies. In fact, the .NET Framework can lead to all kinds of problems and troubles if it is not properly installed or updated. Thus, if you encounter the 0xc000007b error Windows 10, you can try to reinstall or repair the latest versions of .NET framework.
- Open Control panel,
- Choose Programs and Features
- Click Turn Windows features on or off on the left panel.
- Then the Windows Features window will pop up.
- In the popup window, you need to find and check .NET Framework 3.5(include .NET 2.0 and 3.0) and press OK to continue.
- After that, the latest version of .NET Framework will be downloaded and installed.
- When the whole process is finished, you can restart your computer
- Now try to check whether the problem the application was unable to start correctly is solved.
Perform SFC Utility
As we know if windows system files get corrupted, Then windows applications also start showing different Errors. And maybe The application was unable to start correctly Error 0xc0000018 is one of them. Run Build in SFC utility this will restore missing files with correct one.
- Open the command prompt as administrator,
- type command sfc /scannow and press enter key.
- Let the 100% complete the scanning process
- And restart Windows, Check if this help to fix error 0xc000007b
Run Chkdsk Command
Again If there are some issues about your disk drive, the problem the application was unable to start correctly may also occur. Thus, you can try to run chkdsk command to detect and fix disk drive errors.
- Type Command Prompt in the search box of Windows 10 and select Run as administrator.
- Then type chkdsk c: /f /r in the command window and hit Enter to go on.
- You will receive a warning message and type Y to continue.
- After that, you can restart your computer and run the application again to try to check whether the error 0xc000007b is solved.
Reinstall DirectX. The way to do this depends on your version of Windows and which version of DirectX you need. There are full instructions on Microsoft’s website.
Did these solutions help to fix error 0xc000007b? Let us know on the comments below, also read
- Windows Explorer Keep Crashing or Stopped working? Here how to fix
- Right Click Not Responding and Crashes Windows 10 version 1903
- How To Re-install, Roll Back, Update Device Drivers in Windows 10/8/7
- How to fix DHCP is not enabled for WiFi windows 10
- How To Speed up Windows 10 May 2019 update Version 1903 !!!