With Windows 10 version 1903, May 2019 Update Microsoft has introduced Windows Sandbox feature. Microsoft explains the feature, Windows Sandbox is a secure environment that is separated from the underlying Windows 10 PC. That means You may use the Windows sandbox to execute files without having to worry about malicious files or unstable programs affecting data on physical PC.
Post Contents :-
Windows sandbox system requirement
Windows Sandbox is only available in Pro and Enterprise editions of Windows 10 version 1903 or later.
- It requires an AMD64 architecture,
- Virtualization support in the BIOS,
- At least 4 Gigabytes of RAM (8GB recommended)
- 1 Gigabytes of free disk space.
- At least 2 CPU cores (4 cores with hyperthreading recommended)
Enable Windows Sandbox on Windows 10
If your PC meets the minimum system requirement, follow steps below to enable Windows sandbox feature on Windows 10 1903.
- From start, menu search for turn windows features on or off and choose the top result
- This will open the Windows Features window where you can turn different features
- Scroll down the list and check the “Windows Sandbox” option and click OK.
- Then simply follow the on-screen wizard to finish installing it – a restart will be required.
- That’s all, you have successfully enabled windows sandbox feature on windows 10
Now Follow the instruction below to use the Windows sandbox feature,
- Type Windows sandbox on start menu search and select it
- Now you can Copy the executable file you want to run to the Windows Sandbox
- Install and use it like you normally would.
- And when you close Windows sandbox application and every data regarding that and the temporary environment will be deleted.
- That’s all about the Windows sandbox feature.
windows sandbox missing
As we have discussed before, Windows sandbox feature only available in Pro and Enterprise editions of Windows 10 Running latest May 2019 update version 1903 or later.
You can use Winver command to check your Windows edition and version details.
If you are having windows 10 pro still Windows sandbox feature is missing?
Check and make sure Virtualization enabled in BIOS, If hardware virtualization isn’t enabled, check your motherboard manufacturer to find the instructions on how to enable the feature.