Windows 10 Blue screen error DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, usually occurs when a driver fails to communicate with the hardware, or the driver has stopped working. As the name suggests outdated or corrupt drivers mostly cause this BSOD error. Again hardware failure, incomplete windows installation, Software Update or Changes, also cause driver IRQL less or equal on Windows 10.
This is not a common error and it’s difficult to pin on any one cause. Fortunately, you need to apply a few solutions to fix the Driver irql_less_or_not_equal error on Windows 10 computers.
Post Contents :-
Driver irql_less_or_not_equal Windows 10
Whenever you face a blue screen error on Windows 10 we recommend disconnect all external devices, that include the printer, scanner, external HDD, etc, and restart your PC.
If you are getting this blue screen error at startup, or Windows restarts frequently, in such situations start windows 10 in safe mode and apply the solutions listed below.
Update Your Drivers
Driver irql_less_or_not_equal usually occurs due to corrupted or outdated drivers. So, before trying any other methods, update your drivers and check whether the problem persists.
Note: Most users report reinstalling the network drivers to fix the Driver help them fix the Driver irql_less_or_not_equal error. Also, try updating the display driver and audio driver as well.
- Press Windows + R, on the keyboard, type devmgmt.msc and click ok,
- This will open the Device manager and display all installed device driver lists,
- Here Locate and expand network adapters
- Right-click on the current network adapter driver and select update driver,
- Click Search automatically for updated driver software, and follow on-screen instructions, once done restart your PC.
Also, you can try to reinstall the driver that probably helps fix the problem as well.
- Open device manager,
- Expand network adapters, right-click on current driver select uninstall driver,
- Click yes when asking for confirmation, to completely remove the driver.
- Now, just restart your computer to reinstall these drivers back.
Update/Change VPN software
Technically, this is an error also a network issue because VPN software is supposed to redirect your traffic to a different location around the planet. Sometimes, outdated VPN software makes requests that the hardware does not know how to fulfill. Updating your VPN software should help eliminate problems.
If the problem still persists, remove the VPN software from Control Panel > Programs and Features > Right Click > Uninstall. If that solution works, you might have to change the VPN software you use to one that is compatible with your system.
Run Windows memory diagnostic tool
If you are experiencing random computer reboots, receiving “beep” codes on startup, or other computer crashes (in addition to 0x9 BSOD errors), it is likely that your memory could be corrupt. In fact, nearly 10% of application crashes in Windows are due to memory corruption.
If you have just added new memory to the computer, we recommend temporarily removing it to make sure it is not the cause of your IRQL_NOT_GREATER_OR_EQUAL error. After Remove If this resolves your BSOD error, then this will be the source of your problem, and therefore your new memory is either incompatible or bad.
If you haven’t added any new memory, the next step is to perform a diagnostic test on your computer’s existing memory. A memory test will scan for hard memory failures and intermittent errors, either of which could be causing your 0x9 blue screen of death.
- Press Windows + R, type mdsched, and click ok
- This will open the Windows memory diagnostic tool with two options,
- Click Restart now and check for problems to start the repair process immediately. And follow on-screen instructions here.
Check faulty hardware
Most commonly BSOD errors are caused by faulty RAM, but other hardware components can also cause this error to manifest. Relatively often your motherboard can cause IRQL not less or equal error, so you might want to check if it’s working properly.
In addition to the motherboard, there were reports that a faulty hard drive or a graphics card can cause this error, so you might have to perform a thorough inspection of your hardware. If you don’t know how to do this, we strongly advise you to take your PC to the repair shop and ask them for this for you.
In addition to faulty hardware, your recently added hardware can cause issues as well. If you installed any new hardware, such as a new hard drive, RAM, graphics card, or anything similar, it might be incompatible with your motherboard, and that can cause this BSOD error to appear. To fix this issue, we advise you to replace any recently added hardware and see if your PC works well without it.
Resolving a faulty hardware problem If the hardware has been added to the system recently, remove it to see if the error recurs. If existing hardware has failed, remove or replace the faulty component. You should run hardware diagnostics supplied by the system manufacturer. For details on these procedures, see the owner’s manual for your computer.
Use Driver Verifier to identify faulty drivers
Driver Verifier is a tool that runs in real time to examine the behavior of drivers. For example, Driver Verifier checks the use of memory resources, such as memory pools. If it sees errors in the execution of driver code, it proactively creates an exception to allow that part of the driver code to be further scrutinized.
- To run Driver Verifier open command prompt as administrator,
- Type command verifier and press Enter.
- You can configure which drivers you would like to verify. The code that verifies drivers adds overhead as it runs, so try and verify the smallest number of drivers as possible.
Keep your Windows 10 up to date
BSOD errors are often caused by incompatibility issues, and in order to avoid potential issues, we strongly advise you to update Windows 10 frequently. Most incompatibility issues and security flaws are fixed through Windows Update, so in order to avoid irql_not_less_or_equal windows 10 BSOD error, make sure that your Windows 10 is up to date.
- Open Settings using Windows key + I,
- Go to Update & security than Windows update,
- Click check for updates to allow download and install windows updates from the Microsoft server.
- Once done you need to restart your PC to apply them.
Repair corrupted system files
Again there are chances of corrupted missing system files making windows unstable and your computer restart frequently with different blue screen errors. Run the system file checker tool that scans and replaces any corrupt windows file with the correct one. That can be very helpful when the exception is caused by a bad system file.
- Open the command prompt as administrator,
- Type command sfc /scannow and hit the enter key,
- Let the scanning process complete 100% once done restart your PC.
If corrupted system files are the reason behind this blue screen Error you didn’t face any error after this step.
Also few uses report check disk drive errors help them fix Driver irql less or not equal on windows 10 as well.
Perform System Restore
System Restore is not itself the ultimate solution for the issue, but it leads to one. If the irql_not_less_or_equal windows 10 error has appeared just recently and the system was initially working nice after upgrading to Windows 10, you or the system itself must have created a restore point with good configurations. Turning back to a previous state of settings would undo all the changes you carried after the restore point was created. The restoration methods depend on your ability to boot in.
If the error is used to occur while you are logged into your Windows account, you can perform a system restore from within the login session. For this purpose, type system restores on your Start screen and hit Enter key to begin the wizard. Choose a restore point and find your PC in a state when that point was created.
You can Check bellow Video Steps Performed to Fix IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL BSOD error
I hope these steps will help to solve this problem. if any query please comment below. These are some best working solutions to fix irql_not_less_or_equal Windows 10 Blue Screen of death Error. Have any Query, new suggestion feel free to comment below. Also, Read
- Fix Windows Store Problems Not Working, Won’t Open or Crashes
- How To Re-install, Roll Back, Update Device Drivers in Windows 10/8/7
- Fix Computer Sound Volume Too Low in Windows 10/8.1 and 7
- Fix VIDEO DXGKRNL FATAL ERROR BSOD On Windows 10
- Solved: Can’t find your camera error 0xA00F4244 on windows 10