How to Upgrade Windows 11 Version 23H2 Free (Official ways)
Make sure to back up your important data before upgrading your windows 10 computer to windows 11 version 23H2 for FREE
The official release of Windows 11 23H2 update has taken place as a free upgrade for compatible Windows 10 devices. The latest Windows 11 version 23H2 received many improvements and changes. Some of the new additions include Microsoft Copilot, Modern File Explorer with Gallery View, AI tools in Paint and more. Here is How to get the Windows 11 2023 Update or upgrade Windows 10 to Windows 11 version 23H2.
If you’re unsure if your device meets Windows 11 minimum system requirements or if Windows 10 PC is eligible for a free upgrade to Windows 11, Microsoft offers a handy PC Health Check app that tells you if your device is compatible or not, and details which blocking components it has.
Post Contents :-
Check Your PC Compatibility for Windows 11
Microsoft has revised the system requirements for Windows 11 very seriously, as a result, many devices running Windows 10 and earlier versions of Windows will not be compatible with Windows 11.
- Processor: 1GHz or faster CPU or System on a Chip (SoC) with two or more cores.
- RAM: 4GB.
- Hard drive: 64GB or larger.
- System firmware: UEFI, Secure Boot capable.
- TPM: Trusted Platform Module (TPM) version 2.0.
- Graphics: Compatible with DirectX 12 or later with WDDM 2.0 driver.
- Display resolution: High definition (720p) display greater than 9″ diagonally, 8 bits per color channel.
- Networking: Microsoft account and internet connectivity are required for setup for Windows 11 Home.
To check the possibility of a free upgrade to Windows 11, interested users can download and run the official Windows 11 PC Health Check application. Also, An open-source app called WhyNotWin11 is a good alternative to the PC Health Check app.
How to upgrade Windows 10 to Windows 11 23H2
If your PC meets Windows 11 minimum system requirements and the PC health check tool shows a green signal then you can upgrade Windows 10 to Windows 11 23H2 For free.
You can download and install Windows 11 23H2 by heading to Settings > update and Security -> Windows Update, and clicking Check for updates.
Also, you can use the official Windows 11 Installation Assistant tool to upgrade to Windows 11 free. Microsoft also makes it available Windows 11 ISO image files available for download, if you need for clean installation or create installation media using a third-party utility.
Users are advised to at least create a full system backup before installing the update (regardless ofthe Windows 10 version). If you encounter problems after upgrading the Windows 10 operating system to Windows 11, a rollback mechanism is also provided .
Using Windows Update
The upgrade from Windows 10 to Windows 11 will be gradual. Microsoft says existing Windows 10 devices that are eligible to upgrade to Windows 11 will begin receiving the update as early as possible, but new devices will receive the update for the most part immediately.
- Open Windows settings and Check for the latest updates on Windows Update.
- If your PC is compatible with Windows 11, then you will see an offer for a ” free upgrade to Windows 11 “.
- Click Download and install and accept the license agreement to start the update.
- The upgrade process Upgrading to Windows 11 may take a long time depending on the characteristics of your PC and the speed of your Internet connection.
- A system restart will be required to complete the installation.
If you are an existing Windows 11 user, already running Windows 11 22H2 and meet the exact system requirements. You can download and install Windows 11 23H2 by heading to Settings > Windows Update, turning on Get the latest updates as soon as they’re available and clicking Check for updates.
Using the Media Creation Tool
Using the Media Creation Tool, you can download an ISO image and create an installation DVD / USB flash drive that will allow you to upgrade one or more computers to Windows 11, as well as perform a clean installation of the system.
This method will be very useful for users who do not want to rely on automatic updating through Windows Update but decide to perform the update process themselves. The Media Creation Tool will allow you to get Windows 11 on the first day of the release of the update because the phased implementation does not apply to this method.
- First, visit the Windows 11 official download page here
- Click download now under Create Windows 11 installation media
- This will download the official Windows 11 media creation tool
Windows 11 Installation Assistant
One of the easiest ways to upgrade to Windows 11 without waiting for automatic updates is to use the Windows 11 Setup Assistant utility. Run the tool and follow the on-screen instructions to upgrade to the latest version of Windows 11.
- First, download the Windows 11 Setup Assistant utility from the official site here,
- Right-click on the Setup Assistant and select run as Administrator,
- The utility first checks the system and hardware requirements if it passes, prompt for license agreement. Click Accept and Install to continue.
- The Installation Assistant downloads the required files from the Microsoft server and then automatically moves on to installing the files.
- This download and installation process could take 30 minutes to hour. Make sure your system can stay on during this period and that you don’t leave any unsaved work.
- Windows 11 Installation Assistant will schedule a time to restart and finalize your upgrade. You can restart immediately if you’d prefer.
Download Windows 11 disk image (ISO file)
Microsoft has released ISO images that will speed up the update and perform a clean install of Windows 11.
On the official page, in the Download Windows 11 Disk Image (ISO) section, you can download a disk image (ISO file) that can be used to install or reinstall Windows 11, as well as create installation media using a USB flash drive or DVD.
Which way to download and install Windows 11 will you choose? Is your computer compatible with the new OS? Share your choice and experience of installing Windows 11 in the comments.
- Ensure your PC meets the minimum system requirements for Windows 11.
- If your device is eligible, Windows Update will notify you when Windows 11 is available for your device. Go to Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update and click “Check for updates.”
- Visit the official Windows 11 download page on Microsoft’s website. Click “Download now” and follow on-screen instructions.
- Download the Media Creation Tool from the Microsoft website. Run the tool and follow the prompts to upgrade or create installation media.
- For a clean install, create a bootable USB with Windows 11 using the Media Creation Tool. Boot from the USB and follow the installation prompts.
- Microphone not working windows 11 (7 solutions)
- Solved: Remote desktop not working after Windows 10 update
- Laptop Running slow and unresponsive after update? Let’s Make It Faster
- Windows 11 update failed to install? Here are quick solutions to fix it
- How to Remove Activate Windows 10 watermark permanently