Windows 10 boots up noticeably faster than previous Windows versions. But once you install a lot of programs, you’ll find that startup times slow down a lot. Even if you have an SSD. Because many apps you install will add themselves to your boot process for various reasons, auto-update being one of the main ones. You can remedy this problem by disabling windows 10 startup programs. Also, you can fix slow startup and improve windows Boot time by Disable startup programs. To improve your Windows PC’s performance, no matter what version you’re running, It always makes sense to disable startup programs.
Post Contents :-
Disable Windows 10 Startup Programs
You Can Disable Startup programs via Task Manager. Like the previous version of Windows 8.1, Windows 10 Also provides additional information about what’s starting up and the impact each app has on the startup process.
Method 01: Disable startup programs using Task Manager
Note These steps apply to Windows 10 and 8.1 computers. To disable Startup programs on windows 7 follow the next step.
- First Open Task Manager by simultaneously pressing Ctrl, Shift, and Esc keys.
- Also, you can right-click on the empty space of the taskbar and then click Task Manager
If the Task Manager is launched with a minimal view, click the More details button to view the actual Task Manager.
- Now move to the startup tab,
- Here you will get the lots of apps list which are starting at windows 10 and 8.1 startup process.
- You can also check the application Status it or enabled to run at startup or disabled.
- Right-click on the program entry that you want to stop from loading click Disable option to remove it from the Windows 10 startup folder.
- Just right-click each program with the High Impact rating and select Disable.
Method 2: Disable Startup Programs in Windows 10
- Open the Run command box by simultaneously pressing the Windows and R keys.
- Here In the field, type shell:startup, and then press the Enter key to open the Startup folder.
- Select the program shortcut that you want to remove from Windows 10 startup, and then press the Delete key
Disable Startup programs for Windows 7 users
For Windows 7 and Vista, users disable startup program is a little bit different compared to Windows 10.
- Press Windows + R, type msconfig, and press enter key.
- This will open the system configuration window.
- Here move to the startup tab.
- you will see a list of startup items, Right-click on it and select Disable.
- Click apply and ok to make save changes.
- This will prompt Restart to save changes effect,
- simply Restart windows on next time boot you will notice windows started faster compare to the previous.
Remove startup programs using Third-Party software
Many of the popular Windows optimization utilities like CCleaner and Glary Utilities help you remove programs from Windows startups. In this guide, we will see how to remove startup programs using the popular CCleaner (free).
- First Download CCleaner and install the same, if not installed already.
- Now Launch CCleaner, click Tools, and then click Startup.
- Hereunder the Windows tab, select the entry of the program that you want to remove from startup and then click the Disable button.
NOTE: Managing startup applications only applies to desktop applications. Modern UI (Metro) Windows 8 / 10 apps are not allowed to start automatically when Windows starts.
Hope after performing these steps you have successfully Disabled the windows startup programs. And optimized the Windows 10 Startup time.