Mostly After installing a new hardware device or application, you will get The Digital Signature For This File Couldn’t Be Verified” error at startup. This means that the device and software are not trusted by Microsoft, you will get the Error message.
A recent hardware or software change might have installed a file that is signed incorrectly or damaged, or that might be malicious software from an unknown source.
- File: windows\system32\winload.exe
- Status: 0xc0000428
- Info: The digital signature for this file couldn’t be verified.
This information indicates that something is wrong with the boot manager. It may be corrupted or missing, anything could happen. As this issue occurs at startup and you are unable to boot to fix the problem. We need installation media to access advanced options to fix the problem. If you don’t have to check how to create installation media from here.
Post Contents :-
Digital signature not verified
If you are facing this Error here are some tips to fix this. the first thing we have to do after getting this error was to reboot the machine and check normally start the windows if it didn’t help.
Disconnect all external devices, especially if the problem started after a new hardware device installation. Now reboot windows and check if this starts normally.
Rebuild Boot Manager
- Insert your Bootable DVD or USB drive and Restart windows.
- when the windows boot screen starts press the Del key on the keyboard to Access BIOS Setup window.
- Right, Arrow key and move to Boot Options and set the first Boot device to CD/DVD
- Note: If you are using a Bootable USB drive set the first device boot to Removable Devices.
- Now Use the F10 key to make save changes press yes to confirm changes.
- When Windows will boot from DVD and a screen will show like the below image “Press any key to boot from CD or DVD”.
- Press any key on the keyboard this will boot to your windows installation Screen here select your preferred language, Time and Currency format, keyboard input method, and click next.
- Now on the next screen windows installation window select Repair your computer.
- This will open the troubleshooting window.
- Here click on Advanced options and select command prompt.
This will open the command prompt window here perform the following commands one by one and press enter key every time.
- bootrec /rebuildbcd
- bootrec /fixMBR
- bootrec /fixBoot
These commands repair the Master Boot Record, rebuild Boot Configuration Data (BCD). After that close the command prompt and restart the windows check windows started normally.
Perform Startup Repair
If the above commands fail to fix the problem, Then Access advanced options, and select Startup repair.
- This will restart the window and start to diagnose your system.
- During this diagnostic phase, Startup Repair will scan your system and analyze the various settings, configuration options, and system files
- Also, it looks for corrupt files or botched configuration settings.
- If Startup Repair detects any of these types of problems, it will automatically attempt to fix them.
- If Startup Repair can fix the problem, it will do so without any intervention.
- It will then restart the system and boot normally.
- Check problem solved If still, you face the same problem follow the next steps.
Disable driver signature enforcement
As per the error message, you can also disable driver signature enforcement and see if that helps you. To do this
- Again you have to boot your system on Advanced options
- Choose Startup Settings Then click on Restart.
- Now here After the restart, select the “Disable driver signature enforcement” option ( press F7 Key on keyboard ) and press Enter.
Next time the system will start bypassing driver signature integrity checks and hope you’ll be able to boot normally.
Keep in mind that after the restart, the driver signature enforcement will be enabled again to avoid security risks.
Now After this if you face Digital Signature For This File Couldn’t Be Verified Error during any software install then you have to keep driver signature enforcement always disabled.
Permanently Disable driver signature enforcement
- To disable driver signature enforcement
- open command prompt as administrator privileges.
- And type command bcdedit /set testsigning on and press enter.
- You will receive “The operation completed successfully” message
- That’s all Now close the command prompt window and restart your computer.
- From now on, you will be able to install or run any unsigned driver or program without problems.
In case you want to enable driver signature enforcement in the future and avoid security risks, then open “Command Prompt” with admin rights again. Type the following command and press “Enter”
bcdedit /set testsigning off
These Are Some Best Tips to fix “The Digital Signature For This File Couldn’t Be Verified” Error 0xc0000428, windows cannot verify the digital signature for this file, the digital signature for this RDP file couldn’t be verified on windows 10.
Video Tutorial To Disable Digital Signature on windows 10
Have any queries and any suggestions please comment below. Also read:
- How to Repair/rebuild Master Boot Record (MBR) on windows 10/8.1
- Solved: Getting windows ready stuck windows 10 update 2021.
- 5 solutions to fix windows 10 black screen with cursor after login
- Solved: Bluetooth not available on this device windows 10 version 21H2
- 3 solutions to Fix ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED on Google Chrome