Sometimes you might experience An unexpected error has occurred. Error code: 0xc0000225 while turn on Windows 10 Laptop. For few other times, the error might different windows could not start and show a Blue Screen error message like recovery your pc device needs to be repaired, The Operating System Couldn’t Be Loaded Because A Critical System Driver Is Missing Or Contains Errors.
The error code: 0xc0000225 means Windows cannot find the System Files used for booting, aka, BCD (Boot Configuration Data). And most probably if your system files are corrupted, the disk file system has bad configuration, or if you have faulty hardware, the 0xc0000225 error would occur.
Sometimes you might see a different error code like below as well.
- 0xc000000f – An error occurred while attempting to read the boot configuration data.
- 0xc000014C – The Boot configuration data for your PC is missing or contains errors.
- 0xc0000225 – Boot selection failed because a required device is inaccessible.
- 0x0000098, 0xc0000034 – Boot Configuration Data file missing required information or does not contain a valid OS entry.
Post Contents :-
Fix error code 0xc0000225 windows 10
Well, your PC struggling to start with similar error rebuild BCD following steps below. And that probably a good solution that fixes error code 0xc0000225 windows 10.
If you are very first time see this error code 0xc0000225 while staring your PC, we recommend disconnect all external devices (Printer, scanner, external HDD and more) and restart your PC.
Perform startup repair
As windows won’t start normally stuck on the blue screen with error code 0xc0000225 we need start windows from installation media, If you don’t have here follow steps below to create bootable Windows 10 USB.
- Start your computer from installation media,
- press any key on the keyboard to boot from installation media,
- When the installation screen opens Skip the first screen,
- On the next screen, click Repair your computer.
- Now select Troubleshoot then Advanced Startup
- Here Windows will represent different Troubleshooting tools to fix Startup problems
- Now on Advanced options screen click on Startup Repair option.
- This will start to diagnose your system to analyze the various settings, configuration options, and system files as it looks for corrupt files or botched configuration settings.
- If Startup Repair detects any of these types of problems, it will automatically attempt to fix them.
- Let the process go through, then restart your computer when it’s done.
Rebuild the BCD
If startup repair fails to fix the problem, Rebuild the BCD following steps below.
To do this Again access advanced options and this time click on command prompt, and run the following commands one at a time:
- bootrec.exe /fixmbr
- bootrec.exe /fixboot
- bootrec.exe /rebuildbcd
- bootrec /scanos
Here the first two commands write a new MBR and boot sector to your disk. Third command scans Windows installations after the fixes. And the final command scans your disk(s) for compatible installations, which can help it find your “missing” Windows installation.
Once done close command prompt and restart your PC. Check if windows start normally.
Check disk drive errors
As discussed before corrupted system files or disk drive errors also cause this problem. Let check the disk drive for errors or corrupted system files that may be causing that issue where windows unable to locate the boot file.
- Open the command prompt from advanced options,
- First, run the System File Checker command sfc /scannow to restore missing corrupt system files with correct ones.
- After this completes, run the Disk Check scan chkdsk /f /r to check and fix disk drive errors.
- Once you’ve run both of these scans, reboot and try to load up your PC normally again.
Set Your Active Partition
Still, need help? Let’s change the active partition so you can tell the system where to boot from.
- Again open advanced options and click command prompt,
- Perform diskpart then list disk command to open the Disk Partition tool and list your available disks:
- type select disk 0 and hit the enter key, (probably disk 0 is your internal, primary disk)
- Next perform list partition command to list all partitions on your internal drive.
- Then run command select partition x ( Here is x is your primary partition number)
- Next run command active that’s all close command prompt and restart your PC
Perform System Restore
If after performing all the above methods Your PC needs to be repaired windows 10 Startup Error not solved then system Restore can fix your system by Revert back your system to the previous working state. you can perform the System Restore from Advanced startup options. Here a video with step by step guide how to fix error code 0xc0000225 windows 10.
- 3 solutions to Fix ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED on Google Chrome
- Apply This 7 tips to Optimize windows 10 1903 performance (Boot faster)
- Solved Microsoft Store Not Working on Windows 10 Version 1909 update
- The 7 Best Video Editing Software for Windows 10 (Paid and Free)
- How To download and Install Chromium-Based Microsoft Edge on Windows 10