As Microsoft started windows 10 as a service, each time the company rolls out a major upgrade to refresh the OS with new features and improvements. And now Microsoft is about to finalize Windows 10 version 21H1, with a number of new features and improvements. Similar to previous versions, this update also rolls out gradually, but it’ll no longer download and install automatically. That means with windows 10 21H1 compatible devices will now receive a notification, and the installation won’t start until the user initiates the process manually through Windows Update.
Post Contents :-
How to Delay Windows 10 21H1 update
But still you are a bit nervous about updating windows 10 21H1 And don’t want to change the current setup, should consider delaying the update while it has time to stabilize. here this post we have collected three different ways to delay the May 2021 update on your device, whether it’s running Windows 10 Pro or Home.
Windows 10 Home Basic users
If you are hurry you can consider the metered connection which should block the system from downloading large feature updates like the Windows 10 May 2021 Update.
- Ensure the Windows 10 PC is connected to the internet,
- then go to the Settings using the keyboard shortcut Windows + I,
- Click Network & Internet then Status.
- Left click on Change connection properties.
- Here On this page is an option to set the network link as a Metered connection, toggle this option on.
- Now move to Windows update, then Advanced options,
- Under the “Update options” section, make sure to turn off the Automatically download updates, even over metered data connections toggle switch.
Note: These instructions apply to a specific network connection. They don’t apply to a network adapter. This means that if you connect your computer to a different network, you must also set that connection as metered. Otherwise, Windows Update will ignore the settings and try to download the feature update.
Defer feature updates in Windows 10
Professional editions of Windows 10 come with options to defer updates. This can be set either in the Settings application or by using policies. If you are Windows 10 Home basic User Skip This step.
Delay windows 10 updates from the settings app
- Open Windows 10’s settings by pressing Windows + I.
- Here, click on “Update & Security”,
- Here Under the “Update Settings” section, click on “Advanced options”.
Under the “Choose when updates are installed” section, select the level that you want to use to block the May 2019 Update:
- Semi-Annual Channel (Targeted) — Defers version 21H1 up to 365 days after its original release date.
- Semi-Annual Channel — Defers version 21H1 up to 365 days after it releases to organizations. Usually, it takes four months after a new feature update becomes available in the Semi-Annual Channel (Targeted) readiness level.
We recommend select Semi-Annual Channel, as this option will allow you to defer a feature update up to 18 months.
Using Group Policy
First, open the Group Policy Editor in the following way: Press Win + R, type gpedit.msc And hit the enter key. Now Navigate to the following folder: Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > Windows Update > Defer Windows Updates.
Here Double-click on “Select when Feature Updates are received” to open the policy setting. Set the policy enabled to activates the options that are provided.
You have two options to postpone the update:
- Defer the Feature update for up to 365 days.
- Pause Feature updates for up to 35 days.
Disable Windows 10 Updates Completely
Alternatively, you can completely Disable Windows Updates Download and installation by Disable the Windows services.
- For this press Win + R, Type services.msc and hit the enter key.
- Now scroll download and look for Windows update service.
- Double click on it change the startup type Disable and stop the service next to service status as shown below image.
Note: This will completely disable windows update from installing. As your device miss important security updates We don’t recommend this option.
These are some tweaks to Delay Windows 10 April 2021 Update, Disable Windows 10 Automatic update installation etc. I hope you find this helpful, have any query, suggestion feel free to comment below. Also, Read
- 3 effective solutions to fix 100% disk usage in windows 10
- Upgrade Windows 10 May 2021 update Using Media Creation Tool
- How to Optimize Windows 10 laptop for gaming and productivity
- Rollback And uninstall windows 10 May 2021 update version 21H1
- Windows Explorer Keep Crashing or Stopped working? Here how to fix