After many months of testing and releasing previews Microsoft has finally released the stable version of the new Microsoft Edge for Windows, macOS, iOS, and Android. The new revamped browser based on the Chromium open source project, (an open-source web rendering engine developed by Google, which is also the engine behind Chrome, Opera, Amazon Silk, and many other browsers) and making it a truly viable Google Chrome replacement. And you can download the stable version of Microsoft edge chromium directly from microsoft.com/edge in more than 90 languages.
Post Contents :-
Microsoft edge chromium features
The latest browser comes with built-in tracking protection, a new Collections feature to collect images and content from the web, and an Internet Explorer mode for businesses. There’s also support for Chrome-based extensions, 4K streaming, Dolby audio, inking in PDF, and privacy tools.
Both history sync and extension sync are missing at launch, Microsoft is planning to have these missing sync features available later this year.
But things like favorites, settings, addresses/contact info, and passwords will all sync. The good thing is the rest of Edge is very similar to Chrome and even includes support for Chrome extensions.
Download new Microsoft edge
This first Stable release is Microsoft Edge 79 and can be downloaded immediately from the Microsoft Edge site for both Windows and Mac. Well if you are a windows 10 user, the new Microsoft Edge will be installed automatically over the next coming months via Windows Update. The rollout pace would depend on the data and feedback from users, and Microsoft may start seeding the browser to more users if the feedback is positive.
The company is taking a slow and careful approach, bringing the new Edge gradually to groups of Windows 10 users through Windows Update before it’s fully rolled out to everyone in the summertime
Manually download chromium edge
You can download the final stable version of Microsoft Edge Chromium for both windows and macOS following the steps below.
First, open the Chromium edge download page microsoft.com/edge on any web browser.
Click the blue Download for Windows 10 button, Also you can click the down arrow button to select the version for Windows 8.x and Windows 7. If you’re looking to download the macOS version, click the macOS tab, and then click the Download button.
- Open the location where MicrosoftEdgeSetup.exe downloaded on your device.
- Right-click on MicrosoftEdgeSetup.exe and select run as administrator,
- Click accept and download to begin the process.
- And Continue with the on-screen directions to complete the setup.
- Once you complete the steps, the Chromium version of Microsoft Edge will install on Windows 10, and it’ll replace the legacy version of the browser.
Well, when you install new Edge on Windows 7, Windows 8, and macOS, it will work just like installing any other browser. New Edge will not replace whatever you have as the default (whether that’s Internet Explorer, Safari, or a third-party browser).
During the installation, your Edge settings, passwords, favorites, and other data will carry over to the new Edge. If you use Google Chrome, Edge will ask you to migrate favorites, form-fill information, and basic settings.
Now click get started, then select the new tab experience:
- Inspirational: Sets background image on a page that includes a search box and quick access to your most frequent websites.
- Informational: Sets a background image on the page with a search box, and you get access to the latest news headlines curated by Microsoft News.
- Focused: This option is similar to the “Inspirational” but without the background image.
Next, you need to Customize the sync settings option and select the items you wish to sync And finally, you will get the new chromium edge.
Install Chrome extensions on a new edge
The new Microsoft edge is based on Chromium and uses the same core that Google Chrome is based on. And that makes it possible to install Chrome extensions in Microsoft’s new web browser. But before this, you need to enable the option to install extensions from other stores from the “Extensions” settings.
Now visit the Chrome Web Store and install any extensions you want.
Configure Tracking Prevention on a new edge
Microsoft’s new Edge browser comes with a tracking prevention feature that works similarly to Mozilla Firefox’s Tracking Protection feature. This feature is enabled by default to limit tracking through ads and cookies But You can manage this setting from the Edge -> settings -> privacy and services section.
- Open new edge browser,
- on the address bar, type edge://settings/privacy, and hit the enter key.
- Here you will get the option to switch to Basic or Strict levels;
Costume page layout
Now you can customize the New Tab Page of the Edge browser. Just open the page and activate the settings icon to get started. Now select focused, inspirational, informational, or customize your setting. Here also you can adjust the content language as well.
Similar to the legacy version of the Edge browser, the new version includes a dark theme option. And you can adjust the same from edge://settings/appearance.
Just like Google Chrome, Microsofts new edge also comes with a Task Manager that you may run at any time in the browser to display memory, CPU, and network use of processes.
Uninstall Chromium Microsoft Edge
If you don’t like the new Microsoft chromium edge browser, you can remove it following the steps below
- Press Windows+ I to open the settings app,
- Click apps, then apps and features,
- Click on Microsoft Edge
- Select the Uninstall option from the expanded pane.
That’s all, have you tried the new chromium edge browser? Let share your experience in the comments below, also read:
- Google Chrome v 79 Features and Offline Download link
- How to Optimize Windows 10 laptop for gaming and productivity
- Get Latest Windows 10 1909 ISO, direct Download from Microsoft server
- How to Fix Windows 10 Blue Screen Error (BSOD)
- Google Chrome Keeps Crashing? Here’s 7 solutions to Fix it