Lose your WiFi network & Internet connection After install windows 10 Version 21H1? While connecting to the WiFi network it results from error Can’t connect to this network, and fails to connect? Here some effective solutions you may apply to again get connected to the WiFi network and internet.
Post Contents :-
Windows 10 can’t connect to this network
Power Cycle your Router or Modem: First of all restart, all network devices ( Router, modem and switch if connected ) include your System. Also temporarily Disable security software Antivirus ( if installed ) and try to connect the WiFi network check get succeed?
Start Windows 10 to clean boot state and try to connect to the WiFi network. If any third-party software confliction causing the issue to perform clean boot resolve the issue.
- Press Windows + R, type ncpa.cpl and hit the enter key
- This will open the network connections window.
- Here locate your WiFi Adapter right-click and select Disable.
- Restart windows and on the next login re-enable the WiFi adapter which you previously disabled on the network connections window.
- Now try to connect to the WiFi network.
Run the Network Adapter Troubleshooter
- Press Windows + I to open windows settings
- Then click on Update & security, troubleshoot
- Here look for the network adapter.
- Click on it and run the troubleshooter,
- This will check and fix if any error causing WiFi Adapter to connect to the network.
- Restart windows after complete, the troubleshooting process,
- Now check if windows are connected to the wifi network.
Reinstall Network Adapter driver
Incompatible, outdated network adapter drivers mostly cause this type of problem. If running the network adapter troubleshooter didn’t fix the problem We strongly recommend to update/reinstall the network adapter driver with the latest version.
- Press Windows + R, type devmgmt.msc and ok,
- This would open the Device Manager, displaying the drivers in alphabetical order.
- Here expand Network adapters,
- Right-click on installed WiFi driver select uninstall.
- Click yes when asking for confirmation and restart windows.
- On next start windows automatically install basic network Adapter driver for you and try to connect to the WiFi network.
If the above steps don’t work, try downloading and installing the drivers from the manufacturer’s website.
Forget the wireless connection
If you’re having “Windows 10 can’t connect to this network” error, you might want to “forget” your wireless connection in order to fix this problem. To forget the wireless network on Windows 10, do the following:
- Open Settings App and go to Network & Internet.
- Go to the Wi-Fi section and click Manage Wi-Fi settings.
- Scroll down to the Manage known networks, select your Wireless network and click Forget.
- After you’ve done that, connect to the same wireless network again.
Use Network Troubleshooting Commands
If applying the above solutions Windows 10 can’t connect to this network issue still persists, you could run the network troubleshooting commands. which may help to resolve issues like this.
Open the command prompt as administrator and perform the command below. After that restart windows and check Are you able to connect to the WiFi network?
- netsh winsock reset
- netsh int ip reset
- ipconfig /flushdns
Network Reset (Windows 10 users only)
If nothing else has worked, then a Network Reset would probably help. This is the most probable solution which reinstalls Network adapters & set networking components to default settings and fixes if you face connectivity problems. I personally found Performing network reset to resolve this issue for me. I recommend you may also try, but first create a system restore point before perform network reset.
- Open Windows Settings app using keyboard shortcut Windows + I
- Select the Network and Internet option
- Then scroll to the option for Network Reset.
- Click on it and initiate the reset,
- Wait for the task to complete, after which your Windows 10 computer will be restarted.
Now on the next start try to connect the WiFi network And i am 100% sure this time you successfully get connected. Did these solutions help to fix Can’t connect to this network error on windows 10, 8.1 and 7 computers? Let us know in the comments below.
- Solved: Windows 10 Cast To Device Not Working / Not responding problem
- Fix unidentified network no internet access on windows 10
- 7 Effective solutions to fix windows 10 100% disk usage Problem
- Fix Windows 10 Frequently Disconnect Internet Connection
- Fix DHCP is not enabled for local area connection in Windows 10, 8.1 and 7